Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

WOW Club

codpiece

• Member ID:  5470
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  371
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2482
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  22894
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/17/1968
  • Device:  Windows

So, what do you guys think of this club thing? I am not a fan. It is low profile and a bit confusing to navigate, at least for me. I appreciate all the the @Sitting-Duc does. However, I am not a fan of this particular set up buddy. I like the old way where we would have our own forum and our posts show up in the feed for all to see.

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8260
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53576
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

like almost everything we have to give it some time for us to get use to the new format. In just a bit of time we won't even know its a new format we will be so use to it. 

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5334
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Achievement Points:  41339
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992

4 hours ago, codpiece said:

So, what do you guys think of this club thing? I am not a fan. It is low profile and a bit confusing to navigate, at least for me. I appreciate all the the @Sitting-Duc does. However, I am not a fan of this particular set up buddy. I like the old way where we would have our own forum and our posts show up in the feed for all to see.

That's a fair comment, it's still very work in progress so I imagine we will go through some teething problems :)

As it stands the two 'changes' are that the forum no longer displays on the forums page and that you have to join the club to post in that section. Everything else is the same and posts will still display in the feed on the homepage for all to see. 

The navigation and low profile comments are something I am aware of and haven't put much time into yet - what ideas would you have to make it higher profile and easier navigation?. One I had would be to have a drop down on the top bar with direct links to the club section.

duc

• Member ID:  5470
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  371
  • Content Count:  2482
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  22894
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/17/1968

You know I love you @Sitting-Duc :wub: I really do appreciate all you do with our website. I just want to make sure you know I am not

trying to be negative, just a bit of constructive (hopefully) comments. @Labob makes a good point and so do you duc about this being a work in progress. My initial observations are these; I think it should be easier and obvious to find (navigate to) the clubs. The only way I have found so far is the link that you posted. As it is now I think we are in the same boat as before. Fellow idiots remarked to me they didn't know there were so many idiots playing WOW. This was after the initial posts that kind of got the ball rolling so to speak. Those posts were seen on the home page and drew attention. Since then we have been enjoying playing with new Idiots in teamspeak. It's been great and a lot of fun. I just don't want WOW (or any game Idiots play) to go dark on the website and lose potential players.

The other thing is the format, or display, of the contents once in the club section could be cleaned up a bit and made a bit easier to read. It seems I have to do a bunch of scrolling and searching to find a post. 

Thanks for your response duc 

I will "give it a go" as you Brits say :lol: