Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Improving /warp shops

Swedish_Medic

• Member ID:  24176
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  304
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/13/1994

Sup dawgs! 

It's really great that there are player shops on the server. Currently there are four floors with player shops at /warp shops. These floors have multiple portals to different player shops, so plenty of shops to choose between. However, some of the players owning these shops are no longer active. Just on the top floor, the floor you come to when using the warp, there are players who have been offline for 1 month, 2 months or 3 months and so on. This is quite an issue. The only way to know whether a shop is useful or not is to go to it, and most likely you'll start on the floor you teleport to. It becomes a huge time waste for people to have to teleport to a shop, then back to the warp and then into next shop. Seeing to the fact of the issue of restocking your shop when you're not online for three months, maybe the portal access at /warp shops (especially the first floor) should be blocked or removed for those inactive for a longer period of time.

Another thing that would be useful would be a feature to see what a shop contains before going there, like some big board in the centre of /warp shops or right outside each portal. Now I understand this is probably quite hard to do, seeing to permission issues for a user to only describe their shop or lots of work on the admins and moderators to do this for them as well as keeping up with changes. But it's a thought of a feature that would be very helpful if someone had a functional way of implementing it. 

I don't know the process behind the scenes, what you can or cannot do. But I'd like to present my thoughts about this anyhow, then it's of course up to you as admins to decide if it can/should be implemented. 

Thank you! 

• Member ID:  24161
  • Group:  ++ Minecraft Admin
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  2301
  • Birthday:  10/24/1989

The central board idea is very interesting. We might be able to set something up, I will think on it. 

As for removing inactive players shops, that would require nost or King to weigh in. We have never before removed inactive players shops, but I can see the advantages of not need to check a dozen just to find they have not played for months

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972
  • Device:  Windows

Not sure how we could do a central board. But if a player has been offline for 3 months and his shop is empty it think the linking book should be deleted and the portal used for other new shops. 

• Member ID:  23498
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  5750
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Linux

we did add extra floors as many folks were making shops. if you do come across one of the shops let us know at the very lest we could block it off so it can't be used. If the last floor runs out then we can talk about replacing. We just don't want to see this guy is out a moth i want his spot kind of stuff. witch does get asked a lot believe it or not. The bottom floor is still almost empty and has a lot of shop warps left.

Another idea we been throwing around is a different shop format in a new building. Bigger building like last run with fewer floors and a more open type of building is one possibility.

but definitely let one of us know if a shop is out of stock or has an issue and we will help best we can. Discord has a mobil app so you will usually get one of us in a short period of time

/r

Slacker

• Member ID:  24176
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  304
  • Birthday:  08/13/1994

I can definitely see the issue with people wanting another person's portal spot due to inactivity. I do however understand that feeling as well, as few people are willing to search through floors of portals and likely give up after no luck scanning the first floor. If your portal isn't among the first ten portals, your chances are slim. 

I think the idea of another design of the shop portals area might have positive impact. I also had a thought about a sort of central board that might be more manageable, then again I don't know much about permissions or modding ability nor how much work is reasonable to put on you simply to keep the shops alive. But I was thinking that instead of having a sort of live feed about what each shop sells it might work with a simple "ranking" system. I thought that a central board might have tiers where it places shops depending on how many items they sell. Giving each portal a number might make it easier to find. I added an image of a quick excel sketch of what I was thinking. Maybe there could be a hopper or such by it where you could drop a note if you expanded your shop. 

IZkmDkNuS1ewX8iba957Tw.thumb.png.dd416a27b761dda5f7f2642fca3c7dfa.png

we are working on changing away from portals to a central market with stalls for everyone. The holdup at this time is figuring out how to make the claim system play nice with what we want to do. we will share more once we figure that out.

I still like the idea of a central board, but that has taken a back burner to figuring out the shops and rl.

I believe the New and Improved market hub is now open and available