Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

147 mod

Sammy

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Just info that I talked to Rugger and at certain times during the middle of the week we will be putting out the 147 mod on the main server. This is so more people can get a feel for what its like. Most people simply dont know about it since they never come here. There is a WIP thread with information and demos about the most significant stuff so I recommend anyone that hasnt read through it to do so. A few things have changed since the older posts (been working on this for quite awhile) based on testing and feedback. It will use the current map rotation. All the configs and such should be the same.

Hopefully in time we will be able to get a few more rotations of new maps to play and try out. There are more that now work but many still will only work on small mods. However many are simply extremely small (1 vs 1 DM), really big (sniper maps), or just too basic ('learner' maps). If there are any suggestions on maps to check out, if you know their names, dont hesitate to ask.

Thx.

WIP update

Played a few TDM rounds last evening. I would say %95 worked well. Some players experienced a few CI's. Typically those are accompanied by printouts of serious script errors but none were found. So still watching that. One small script bug that has been fixed.

Due to the mayhem several higher level streaks werent tested. The 'streak clone' was activated by mistake and there was bug associated with that. It never showed up because it is turned off in ftag.

There have been some adjustments done to the 308. The most noticeable is a slightly lower rof. However those that have used it while aiming suggest its actually a little better in that regard because a little more time is allowed to recover from the recoil. The downside is poorer hip fire compared to an smg.

A lot of use of the rocket gun. Not very accurate past close range and hard to hit moving targets unless you aim well. Due to the lower rate of fire you need to land your first shot, or get very close, or you wont be able to defend yourself until the next round is chambered.

Artillery will have two colors. Enemies will see the current white trail. Friendlies will see green. Different colors for novagas makes things easier.

The explosive RC seems a little too slow but was still effective since there was no driving around to defrost. Am told hardwired isnt working properly but I have yet to see anything wrong in the scripts. Still looking. However doesnt work vs the defroster RC since it isnt needed so maybe related.

SAMs vs care packages were cool and a surprise to some. So pay attention to notifications about a launcher being activated.

Stealth is more properly balanced and works well. If you walk mines wont see you. If you run they will at 1/2 their normal detection range. So stalkers have no worries. Rushers have some vulnerability depending on how well the mines are placed and where. Poorly placed mines arent very effective due to the delayed trigger time.

Sentries are more vulnerable to enemies with stopping power or armor piercing. Both were missing.

All the extra battle chatter (most from the cod4 SP game) is cool.

Nice having the Skorpion back. LSAT works as intended and handles like an M60.

Predator change works well. The loiter time is shortened but the rotation speed is increased to allow faster scanning of a wider play area. Also speeds up gameplay a little bit during those times.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

7 hours ago, Sammy said:

SAMs vs care packages were cool and a surprise to some. So pay attention to notifications about a launcher being activated.

SAMs Targeting and taking out care packages with 1 shot in mid air IS NOT COOL.  Care packages are a Kill Streak reward.  Get rid of All of the other Kill streaks while your at it To be Fair.  I was quite angry when the damn SAM launcher blew up my Care package AND my Attack Package in mid air.  8 kill streak for nothing :rant: And nothing that I could do about taking out the damn Sam launcher because it was the whole way across the map in the back corner some where.    

boycott the SAMs ability to shoot down care packages. :rtfm:  It's BS and so is that explosive bolt shooting 20 round Pistol. That thing needs to go in the Inventory section with the other Tubes.   It is a close range Tube Launcher that you can fire from 1 foot away and kill an enemy without killing yourself.

• Member ID:  3139
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2052
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16789
  • Days Won:  18
  • Birthday:  04/20/1984

when will this be happening? i think alot of people know about server jus they dnt like certain shit so they dnt play it or even try it (rc car mainly) i dnt even know what happen to it on my list jus says cod4host now

Lets see. You CAN shoot down a 7-streak helicopter ( and an AC130 btw) but CANT shoot down a care package. Tell us again how shooting packages down is unfair.

edit: To add, strike packages are partially stealthy. However, I always say I dont want things 'too good' so that is something to visit. In any case, it also means you dont just ignore the launchers. If you can get one, shoot it. Especially since they cant shoot back at you (something I pondered but there are already sentries for that).

Edited by Sammy

Getting ready to upload the next beta soon for testing at certain times on the main server. A couple weapon tweaks as well as a few gameplay adjustments based on how things went with the previous matches. I also hope to see more gameplay with a few weapons that werent really used previously. The last TDM matches were using 'spawn near teammates' to up the mayhem and push things. Next tests will use start spawns.