Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

BATTLEFIELD 5 / Battlefield V

Majbasil

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  648
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5455
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

Always searching for the next really cool game I wanna play, there is a new Battlefield game coming out (rumors say late October, 2018)  this year.  Supposedly it is going to be based on World War 2.  Battlefield 2018 will be following in the successful footsteps of Call Of Duty: WWII,according to a new report from VentureBeat. The publication says the tentatively-titled Battlefield V will take the series back to its historical roots steeped in the grit and grime of World War II.

Edited by Majbasil

As a footnote, imho, BF2 was the bestest game ever (2nd was MOH back in the day.)   Does anyone still play BF2?  Hmmm 

• 2 months later...

Am I the only one excited about this game coming?  Looks great to me, I am pre-ordering it and going to be playing the beta and all that.  Yehaw :)  As for system requirements, it is the same as the other current game, nothing new is needed so there is that.  https://www.gamesradar.com/battlefield-5-confirmed-2018-news-multiplayer-gameplay/      :2guns:

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

If you have to pre-order its not an open beta. :lol:

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5083
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44628
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

On 3/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, Majbasil said:

As a footnote, imho, BF2 was the bestest game ever (2nd was MOH back in the day.)   Does anyone still play BF2?  Hmmm 

You can't play BF2. It used gamespy which was shut down. You could play through BF2Hub but EA/Dice recently had them shut down due to copyright infringement or other some Bull shit.

IMO BF 1942  Desert Combat was THE BEST BF game Ever. The Mod support and HUGE Modding community is what made it THE BEST.

BF2 had NO OFFICIAL MOD SUPPORT. The Mod Tools were Leaked by a Dice employee and he quickly got fired. It was not a complete Mod Tool kit. It was missing around 80% of the textures and crap. I part of the DEV team that made the Desert Conflict mod (DCON-MajDeath was my tag for DCON =DNC= Maj.Death was my competitive gaming clan name and tag ) for BF2 so I know full well what it was capable of.

MOHAA 2nd best game

Counter-strike Source 3rd best in my book

BF2 is pretty low on my list.

=DNC= Deadly Night Crew was the best competitive BF1942 and BF2 clan out there period. We held the CAL Main CPL 2v2 4v4 and 8v8 championships for 4 years straight. 2 years before these big money prize competitions and tours started. Only other clan that was any challenge was that hacking bunch from Faze which was a former CSS/MOH clan.  I played with the young and upcoming Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel several times during my stay with =DNC=.  Good fella btw. 

"NFOservers" fucked our servers up so bad that we had to drop out of the running. Constant DDOS attracks and several server moves rite in the middle of the 5th season. Took the cock suckers 3 months of box switching and server location swapping and troubleshooting to completely fix. Ended up being a problem with there whole backend. Your stuck with what you got if you sign a yearly contract. Best to do it month by month like XI does.

Tom Todia AKA =DNC= SySex73 actually got hired by EA/Dice after working on the DCON mod.

Dedication at the end of the video was for =DNC= Conman, my best friend and clan mate. 

Edited by J3st3rXI

Great info Jester, I hadn't even realized until you mentioned it that BF2 had no modded anything.  I did play 1942  but by the time I got the game it was well an antique and I was off playing whatever new thing came out that took my fancy.  ANYHOW, crossing fingers that BFV is great!  :yahoo:

And, wow, no wonder I don't play BF2 anymore, it is not around!  Geeze, I was so busy playing the newer stuff I never went back.  ANYHOW, crossing fingers that this new Battlefield game will knock our socks off!  Time for a new cool game imho.  :animier: