Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Spawn Killing

Chrisbot2k

• Member ID:  26920
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  31
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

There needs to be a set rule on spawn killing.  Currently you just get banned by an admin sometimes and other times you don't.  Also there is admins who spawn kill too but there is nothing a regular player can do.

• Member ID:  25403
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  247

interesting:sofa:

Could we have a biting my tongue emoji?

• Member ID:  221
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1864
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Achievement Points:  12302
  • Birthday:  06/10/1967
  • Device:  Windows

1st thanks for the post. 2nd the rule is excessive spawn  killing is not allowed. in other words if it is round after round you will be kicked. I am not the one that banned you I would get with the admin that banned you and plead the case. then go from there. you also need to make a Ban Appeal.

Edited by Evil-Monkey

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14302
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

5 hours ago, Chrisbot2k said:

There needs to be a set rule on spawn killing.  Currently you just get banned by an admin sometimes and other times you don't.  Also there is admins who spawn kill too but there is nothing a regular player can do.

GMO is who banned you.

He gave you warnings earlier in the game which you went ahead and ignored him

You were giving a 1hr temp ban by GMO, it wasn't a permanent ban.

Edited by Barron3000

• 5 months later...

• Member ID:  26736
  • Group:  ++ Insurgency Admin
  • Content Count:  22
  • Achievement Points:  151
  • Birthday:  07/07/1987

Hey guys. You still need to define what excessive means. It seems that different admin have different ideas about that. It should be more clearly defined so it can be more consistently enforced.

Awards

• Member ID:  26697
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  1285
  • Days Won:  1

What I consider to be excessive spawn killing is when you do not give the opposing team a chance to move more than a couple of steps. By that I mean that they don't have a slightest chance of providing any kind of resistance (shooting back or ducking for cover). IED's C4 and RPG in the spawn clearly qualify, and also "exploiting" some map's possible weakness (Market for example), where you take a position and gun down people after they take a few steps. I made my bones in COD 5 and that is the rule we follow there. Don't shoot someone who can't shoot back (because they just spawned). 

Now I give warnings because I can't ban people, only kick, but some people really push it. I also realize that sometimes people do gun down others really close to the spawn (myself included) because things can sometimes get heated, but when warned or just alerted to that fact, they quit doing that. But there are others on the other hand that do not abide by this rule and need a kick in the ass sometimes :) 

That's my position 

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14302
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

This is an old topic but anyway :lol:

Derxos brought up a good point or two. It's all down to peoples map knowledge too

We typically ban people after bring warned and continue spawn killing.

The rule stats when joining the servers "No Excessive spawnkilling over numerous of rounds"

If an admin tells you to stop after 1 or 2 attempts and you go ahead and ignore them your out

Holy shit I didn't even notice the date on the posts :D

19 minutes ago, Barron3000 said:

This is an old topic but anyway :lol:

Derxos brought up a good point or two. It's all down to peoples map knowledge too

We typically ban people after bring warned and continue spawn killing.

The rule stats when joining the servers "No Excessive spawnkilling over numerous of rounds"

If an admin tells you to stop after 1 or 2 attempts and you go ahead and ignore them your out

Holy shit I didn't even notice the date on the posts

Edited by _derXos_

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  27274
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Achievement Points:  103

It is a hard topic. In other games like Black Squad, battle mode I have faced this phenomenon as one puts century gun middle of spawn. Then they camp waiting. But there is a little limit when you can kill spawned in there. I think 10 seconds. Insurgency is bit different because you just get some waves and so there is more little chance to win. I do get that it is more important to take a care that they got even slight a chance. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  26736
  • Group:  ++ Insurgency Admin
  • Content Count:  22
  • Achievement Points:  151
  • Birthday:  07/07/1987

Old topic, but still relevant. 

From my experience, a lot of the frustration comes from the vague definition of 'excessive' and the misconceptions around what constitutes spawn killing. So, I thought I should offer a potential concrete definition:

Excessive: spawn killing more than once once per round. I think there is probably a good argument for either one. Ultimately, a spawn kill is the reward you get for pushing through enemy lines and getting near spawn. It is also the punishment for allowing someone to break your line. However, spawn kills can be really frustrating for newer players. One spawn kill isn't so bad, but repeated spawn kills can ruin the fun of the game. There is another issue around spawn killing that doesn't get talked about very often: it changes the tactics of a given map. For example, for the B objective on Revolt, you should to have someone in construction yard to watch for spawn killers seeking around right flank. This is not immediately obvious to anyone but seasoned players. So, to make the game more fun for newer players (who far outnumber the veterans) the penalty for not knowing these routes should be lessened. Thus, a limit on once per round will make the game more enjoyable for newcomers, while retaining an incentive for more advanced players to aggressively push through enemy lines on both offense and defense.   

Spawn killing: killing players before they have a chance to commit to particular lane

Let me know what you think  

Awards

• Member ID:  27274
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Achievement Points:  103

To me it is simply part of the game and how it is build. Example Black squad that I play this happens often when you are in death match, cause there is no limit to players. Destruction mode you can instal sentry gun and some times enemy does it to the others spawn and it take while that it is gone/destroyed. It did first annoyed, bu now I am used to it

• Member ID:  26965
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  31
  • Achievement Points:  345

In my case, I prefer playing competitively and for the points system, so I like winning. Anyways, the art of spawnkilling is very risky; you have to have a lot of map knowledge and know where the "blind spots" are. Even then, you have a high chance of having a wave spawned on you, being spotted and killed, or losing the objective. So I often look the other way when it happens once or twice, because spawnkilling for the top players means high rewards but high risk. 

There hasn't been a single person in the !top10 who hasn't spawnkilled at least once. Like @Barron3000 and what I've talked with @Chips Ahoyis that you get banned if you still spawnkilled despite being warned. However, what I feel like needs to be addressed now is that if a admin is playing on a team, and someone on their team spawnkills excessively, than what happens is that the admin is often alive and doesn't notice that the player is spawnkilling excessively and thus its ignored until someone brings it up, often too late. I feel like we can fix this by having either 1. Having a admin in spectator mode for a set time and be compensated 2. Making a reliable report system by tracking the gameme system and seeing whose getting way too many points through spawnkilling or 3. Have 2 admins on each servers on each team to have a unbiased decision. I think #2 is the best way in theory, but we'll have to see.

@unagi_piewhile having a concrete definition is good, how many players do you think are actually going to read the definition and apply it instead of ignore and continue, then play the ignorance card? ("Well I didn't know")

Edited by Souleater

Awards