Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

windows 10 driver problems

cdsinuk

• Member ID:  719
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  963
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Device:  Android

Hi i run windows 10 with Radion R7 graphics card.... whilst gaming every few days or at least 3 times a week my computer freezes buzzes and i have to turn the pc off at the plug, the error states" thread stuck in device driver"  has anyone else had this problem, is there a fix, tried downloading new driver but AMD Radion keeps saying i have the best one  available?  any help appreciated guys 

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

43 minutes ago, cdsinuk said:

Hi i run windows 10 with Radion R7 graphics card.... whilst gaming every few days or at least 3 times a week my computer freezes buzzes and i have to turn the pc off at the plug, the error states" thread stuck in device driver"  has anyone else had this problem, is there a fix, tried downloading new driver but AMD Radion keeps saying i have the best one  available?  any help appreciated guys 

I have been getting Cumulitive update for windows 10 error KB4089848, been getting this message that this update has failed to load for about 3 weeks now, everyday i go to switch my PC  off it says i have an update waiting, then when i restart my PC next day sometimes i have the windows 10 Blue screen with this message Stop Code: Page_Fault_In__Nonpaged_Area., i either have to restart PC again (sometimes takes 2 or 3 goes) or i have to restore to earlier date, then i get 4 or 5 days without a problem then it starts happening again, i have just googled this Windows Cumulitive update fail KB4089848 this morning and it seems others having a problem too, i have tried one windows fix earlier that failed....wtf are supposed to do if stupid update keeps failing, Microsoft take some fucking responsibility please.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cumulitive+update+for+win+10+kb4089848+has+failed&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=FaTVWrvaDMTHXoOZg7gF

Edited by Sonovabich

i know m8,  i actually dont feel in control of this pc compared to win 7 all the apps and shit, i like proper full  programmes not effin apps, i hate win 10, it thinks it knows better and continues to screw up, even though it tells you you have the best driver, mine wont let me replace the drivers with ones that work ??? i might go to Mac next time i buy a computer :(  apps belong on effin phones, my computer thinks its a effin phone..... bring back computers  microsoft stop fucking changing shit all the time !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by cdsinuk

I don't mind Windows 10 but as you said the fact that they force these updates on us is not right and they fuck so many up too.

• Member ID:  1959
  • Followers:  114
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2569
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/30/1946

Try this:

The Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver error is caused by a driver file being caught in an endless loop while it waits for the hardware to enter idle state. This is usually a driver problem and rarely hardware. Thankfully, a driver or BIOS update can fix it.

The fault usually results in a BSOD crash. If you can boot into your desktop long enough, perform the steps below. If the desktop won’t stay loaded for long enough, boot your computer into safe mode using the installation media and do it from there.

Fix Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver error
Performing a series of updates will usually fix this error.

1. Update your graphics and audio drivers to the latest versions.
2. Perform Windows update and install all updates.
3. Update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

Performing a BIOS update is a serious process and instructions vary depending on motherboard manufacturer. Fortunately, most newer boards offer simple upgrade paths that can be performed from within Windows (if you can load it) or from USB. Many users I have spoken to said that their error disappeared after updating their BIOS so it is well worth considering.

Ah Mad Monk thanks, bios not graphics card....... ive just thought it was a graphics card problem, i will try and sort the bios driver and see how it goes, cheers :)

• Member ID:  1959
  • Followers:  114
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  272
  • Achievement Points:  2569
  • Birthday:  05/30/1946

Good Luck> Just make sure your are in Safe Mode

ill do a fresh back up disk just in case :) thanks again :)

Guess i know how im spending my weekend, downloading maps and updating bios.....oh yeah, beer.....lots of beer 

Edited by cdsinuk

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

lmfao all these problems with win 10!then yesterday i read they are going to make there own version of linux lmfao

• Member ID:  23628
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  2265

If the bios update does not help, run Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstall your current driver. DDU will completely uninstall the graphics driver and leave no leftover files and will let you start with a fresh driver.

DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

DDU info http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

• Member ID:  24295
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

Oh Em Gee all this run this run that update this update that jeezuz just wipe the freaking thing with w7 problems fixed LOL

• Member ID:  22889
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  2824
  • Days Won:  1

If you have problems with failed updates, A run CCleaner then run registry part, next go into control panel [change view by to small icons, easier] locate  Administative tools Disk Clean UP,when you have run that and in bottom of window "cleanup system files" run that .when all done all failed updates should  then be available to download and update

thanks guys, looks like a busy weekend ahead, thanks again :)

1 hour ago, cdsinuk said:

thanks guys, looks like a busy weekend ahead, thanks again :)

CD i downloaded the Windows 10 update troubleshooter, it seems to have cured my failed update problem, i downloaded it yesterday, at first it said it couldn't cure the problem then about an hour later i got message that interrupted my game saying i had an update so when i finished i updated and the failed update was finally fixed, then i noticed it does say "After troubleshooter is done, trying running windows update again and install any available updates" so because i never followed the instruction and ran the windows update again it gave me a nudge when it interrupted my game.....link is below if anyone wants to download it too.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter

trouble.thumb.png.61562c9095793ee12bc34361dcf65209.png

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Most video card problems that I have ever had was caused by 1 or more of these 3 problems.  Rarely have I had a video card go bad and not had some sort of Artifacting or screen tearing long before the driver crashes.   

#1 is Bad memory

Memory can be damn hard to diagnose because 99% of the consumer memory diagnostic software out there does not test video addresses. 

#2 cheap ass power supply

A power supply might be rated at 1,000 watt but most of the cheap power supplies have multiple (4 or more) Low Power 10-16 amp Rails. You need a GOOD power supply with 1 or 2 35amp+ power rails. Especially for AMD hardware because they tend to use a bit more juice then Intel or Nvidia.

#3 heat from excessive dirt buildup or a dead fan or a constricted computer case.

My Dell XPS 420 (intel core 2 quad Q6600 4 gig ddr2 240gb ssd and 2tb 64mb cache WD black) that I have loaded up with Win 10 is my Media center PC. It has a cheap Nvidia GTX 550ti card in it but I had to upgrade the power supply. The original 350 watt stock power supply lasted a whole week before it popped. The power supply that I have in it now was in my main PC for about 2 months with a R9 290X (cheap Thermaltake TR2 850 watt POS) It started locking up after about 10 minutes of gaming. Works fine with a little GTX550ti but not a power hungry R9 290X and overclocked AMD FX 8350.

Now the Dell is having issues with memory again. The screen freezes and the audio loops while watching movies. I have it loaded up with Kodi 17.6 and No Limits Magic plugin pack (which is the biggest and most plugin loaded free build out there) I Have to pull the plug or switch off the power supply when it happens.  

If I pull 2 of the 4 memory sticks it works fine but it's slower then hell because (windows 10 doesn't run well with less than 4gb)

To view your crash logs in Win 10, type in  Event Viewer  in the start menu.  Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latest event with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column. That will tell you what crashed. 

80% of all video card driver related crashes are usually caused by a bad stick of memory, cheap ass power supply, Overheating, corrupt driver, OR improperly seated CPU, faulty motherboard, and faulty CPU. Because the PCs memory controller is on the CPU now a days instead of having it integrated into the motherboards chipset it can be a little harder to diagnose memory related issues.  

You can try to uninstall your video card driver and do a clean driver install but I seriously doubt that it will help.
This tool will completely uninstall and clean all the crap that's left over. Make sure that you go download the newest driver for your video card 1st. Then unhook your PC from the internet (so windows update does not install a driver automatically when you restart) and run the uninstall and cleanup tool. Reboot and install your freshly downloaded driver.

Edited by J3st3rXI

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  3143
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Achievement Points:  2585
  • Birthday:  08/14/1961

I would not update the bios unless it is a sure fire fix for what issue's you may have, this should be the last thing you do.If the updating the bios fails at any point during install you will bricked you pc.

• Member ID:  389
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36061
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎17 at 7:26 AM, MadMonk64 said:

Good Luck> Just make sure your are in Safe Mode

also  know what Revision of motherboard  for manu  uses  different venders for same model name but different chips  so make sure you look on MB  for the printed  Rev.X.XX   number  before any up dating bios, 

match  bos to MB Rev 

as fbi say use an UPS  on computer  when flashing bios 

Edited by KaptCrunch
fbi

• Member ID:  2048
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

dont tell me its a new video card you got

real simple put another gpu back in and see if it happens

i had the same problem.i returned the new ati card and put back in my old card and walla no more problems

and you never started the thread by stating you haven't changed any hardware or you have  recently changed hardware..that would help/you got everyone guessing and throwing you in every different direction.

Edited by Damage_inc-