Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Frustrating...

• Member ID:  822
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967
  • Device:  Windows

Got a brand new razer mouse, new headphones, did a memory upgrade, got a new video card...but I can't play COD2 because for some reason when I try to join I get  redirected to download some maps, or IWD's to no avail. This wouldn't normally be an issue as I am a really patient guy, but when I see mediocre  players such as @Painsponge having a blast and abusing other players, I get kinda ticked off.  Would anyone tell me how to download those IWD in order to play and take care of masters of deception such as @Painsponge?

Thank you, FU Pain btw, I love you man, but I like you better dead lol jk

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19551
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

Usually you would be removing those pesky IWD's when they are called up in an error screen...

You will have to remove each one that comes up yourself....

When Dawgy was making maps it used to happen to my Rig a lot...

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53557
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Android

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6416
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Achievement Points:  54322
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

38 minutes ago, Labob said:

What mod is it using ?

28 mod

4 hours ago, Joe Canadian said:

Got a brand new razer mouse, new headphones, did a memory upgrade, got a new video card...but I can't play COD2 because for some reason when I try to join I get  redirected to download some maps, or IWD's to no avail. This wouldn't normally be an issue as I am a really patient guy, but when I see mediocre  players such as @Painsponge having a blast and abusing other players, I get kinda ticked off.  Would anyone tell me how to download those IWD in order to play and take care of masters of deception such as @Painsponge?

Thank you, FU Pain btw, I love you man, but I like you better dead lol jk

Joe let me know what message you get or if you get kicked off whilest trying to download because your rate is to low and to long...

With this latest map packs being put on there are some impure iwd,s that will need deleted...We have not had to do this in well over a year or so becuase I have kept a fresh map packs all this time however we are reaching the end of ALL of our maps so we will be clearing out our mains as we go

Let me know I can remote look at your files via teamviewer13 if need be to get you going

P.s your ping is mostly around 75ish so that should not be a problem

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

13 minutes ago, loaderXI said:

28 mod

Joe let me know what message you get or if you get kicked off whilest trying to download because your rate is to low and to long...

With this latest map packs being put on there are some impure iwd,s that will need deleted...We have not had to do this in well over a year or so becuase I have kept a fresh map packs all this time however we are reaching the end of ALL of our maps so we will be clearing out our mains as we go

Let me know I can remote look at your files via teamviewer13 if need be to get you going

P.s your ping is mostly around 75ish so that should not be a problem

Thanks Loader,  let me get back to you in a few hours. I am not home atm, but I do appreciate your help

Joe

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

13 hours ago, Joe Canadian said:

Got a brand new razer mouse, new headphones, did a memory upgrade, got a new video card...but I can't play COD2 because for some reason when I try to join I get  redirected to download some maps, or IWD's to no avail.@Painsponge@Painsponge

Getting maps and IWD's will be normal - you're getting the mod and the custom maps. If you're getting download issues, like some of us are, then that's something wrong with Activision and their god awful maintenance of the Master Server. Just keep trying to download them if it's giving you a download error. If you are getting an "impure client" error then that means that a map pack you have already downloaded is conflicting with one on the server. What I had to end up doing was deleting all my map packs and starting fresh. If you get impure clients, find the offending map pack and remove it. There isn't really all that much that can be done with the download speed. That is either our host OR activision's really bad master server.