21 hours ago, VCmouse said:

@YACCster

Yeah from what i know there are 2 ''anti screenshotting'' methods.

First one will basicly show you a black screen on the screenshot, although if you have a blackscreen i guess the person has something to hide.

Second one is that they will get notified when they get screenshotted, and will get disconnected instantly when you screenshot the player.

15 hours ago, Sammy said:

Also, how did you find out about the new screen shot thing?

*cough* hax

lol

7 hours ago, Sammy said:

If this is a new feature, where did you learn about it? Did someone tell you?

The function is there since around 2016 maybe even earlier

Its included as a default cmd if you update a server to 1.8x. ( cmd is “getss”) most of the servers that are popular on 1.8x use it.

On 5/7/2018 at 11:11 PM, J3st3rXI said:

this is a "fix" for cod4 steam version on Windows OS. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnmo82n9x5bp5s3/iw3mp.exe?dl=0

or

"Download that exe and put in c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty 4 or where steam is located. Then it will work!!!"

I scanned both using Virus Totals online file scanner which uses around 80 scan engines and both are 100% clean.

Copied from one of the hundreds of posts people made on the steam forums over the past month and a half. Seems to be the only "fix" until Steam gets there heads out of there ass. Just replace the main exe file with a working v1.7 Steam exe and it will work again.

Thanks @J3st3rXI!  just used this to fix my newly imaged PeeCee worked like a charm!

Edited by YACCster

10 hours ago, YACCster said:

Thanks @J3st3rXI!  just used this to fix my newly imaged PeeCee worked like a charm!

Hey YACCster, question. Is it safe to use that .exe file?

Thanks, 

or

"Download that exe and put in c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty 4 or where steam is located. Then it will work!!!"

I scanned both using Virus Totals online file scanner which uses around 80 scan engines and both are 100% clean.

Copied from one of the hundreds of posts people made on the steam forums over the past month and a half. Seems to be the only "fix" until Steam gets there heads out of there ass. Just replace the main exe file with a working v1.7 Steam exe and it will work again.

Hey @LoJaK did you try this?

or

@Zombie here is your fix^^

On 5/23/2018 at 11:25 AM, RANDALL said:

Does J3st3r's fix work if you have cod4 on Steam? Won't it just auto-update to 1.8 upon launch? Unfortunately my hard copy of cod4 is messed up and will not install on my laptop

What I did is make a backup zip copy of the 1.8 executable and then make the 1.7 READ ONLY so it can't be written over easily I hope.  And I turned off steam's auto update.

• If you are logged in and cannot contribute to a post then you may need to join the 'club' for the game area you are in. To view a list of all our new clubs visit here: https://www.xtremeidiots.com/clubs/