Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Want to use a shotgun in CoD4 like me?

RANDALL

• Member ID:  2582
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  778
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  6919
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/22/1991

A lot of people call bs when I kill them with my shotgun when playing freezetag, so here is exactly how I use mine in the MW2 mod for CoD4. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and may use shotguns different than me, but in my opinion, the way I use mine is pound for pound the best.

For the MW2 Freezetag mod, I use the following class setup.

SPAS-12 with Grip attachment (you lose your Inventory item, but trust me, the Grip makes this shotgun far better than without it)

Pistol is 44 magnum

Frag grenade

Smoke grenade

Perk 1 is Armor Piercing

Perk 2 is Dead Silence

Perk 3 is Stealth

Basically, the combination of the Grip attachment and the Armor Piercing perk gives, effectively, maximum lethal range (considering enemy body armor). The Armor Piercing perk also grants the 44 mag a one-shot kill at any range also. Dead Silence muffles 70 percent of player movement, since I like to be quiet and flank. The Stealth perk is vital for running and gunning. It protects you from showing up on radar (UAV), Sentry Guns (unless you shoot an unsilenced weapon within the Sentry's range), helicopters, you don't trip claymores or bouncing betties, and you are not targeted with a red square by Predator missiles or other aerial killstreaks. 

As far as how I can shoot my shotgun so fast, despite being a pump action shotgun, it is simple. Most noobs accuse me of using a weapon switch bind or a script. I have never used one of these because I consider that cheating. All you have to do, and this takes a lot of practice, is to shoot and hold down your fire key while spamming your change weapon key in quick increments of two. Essentially, it allows you to force the pump of the shotgun so you can shoot again. If you can master that, I am also able to hold down my W key at the same time to continue moving forward while shooting and guiding myself  with my mouse. The Double Tap perk allows you to shoot faster as well, but in most cases when your oponent has body armor, either by perk or deathstreak, often times you need to shoot them twice to kill (and you don't have time for that). 

If you plan on making a shotgun class on the MW2 server, I recommend using the bottom of the two classes, since the top shotgun class' perk one defaults back to the Stopping Power perk after almost every death (at least when you try to use Armor Piercing). 

BONUS

As far as what killstreaks I use, I mainly use the following:

3-Killstreak UAV

4-Killstreak SAM Turret

8-Killstreak B-2 Spirit

I don't like using "spawn-protection" killstreaks like RC-XD, Predator Missiles, Smartbombs, AGM Reapers, and AC130s because I feel that hiding behind spawn protection other than when you first spawn after death is cheap. I often get as many, if not more, defrosts as people who use RC-XDs, etc. There are a lot of cowards that use spawn protection to get behind you and knife you, etc, followed by taunting, that I feel takes no skill, despite their false sense of accomplishment. UAV is a great alternative to RC-XDs because most people don't use Stealth, and it tells me where campers and cowards are hiding. SAM Turrets are great for shooting down killstreaks, and I think they are really cool and I like their animation. Lastly, I love dropping carpetbombs with the B-2 with the UAV telling me where to drop it. Lastly, I use the Smoke grenade to help me get across open spaces, and I use the Frag grenade so I can cook them and gauge distances for where they explode.

This was a long rant, but if you would like any advice, I'd be happy to help anyone trying to learn how to use shotguns. I did not mention the M1014 shotgun on this post, but I can give advice for how to use one too. I feel the SPAS-12 is the better weapon, that's all, and I prefer pump action shotguns.

V/R,

RANDALL

Edited by RANDALL

• Member ID:  24842
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1410
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  14709
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  09/12/1989
  • Device:  Windows

No. No, I don't. Fu Randall! <3

• Member ID:  9264
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50963
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

So you're the smoker eh? F u. :harhar:

• Member ID:  5777
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  85
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1479
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  10812
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/09/1981

U can use a shotgun @RANDALL ..... but my SMAW will win!!! :lol:

One more thing I forgot to mention. People don't understand how I can shoot immediately after leaving spawn protection. To do this, while you are still invisible and wish to shoot someone that you see, click to shoot, quickly hit your change weapon key two times, and then shoot again. This especially works best with the SPAS-12 since it resists/takes longer to switch weapons. What I mean is that if you use a weapon that takes slightly longer to switch to your pistol or secondary weapon, by hitting your change weapon key twice after clicking shoot, you will keep your primary weapon out and you will be able to shoot immediately. On the other hand, for weapons that change quickly, like the M1014 shotgun, you might be stuck waiting for your secondary weapon to draw since your M1014 does not resist the weapon switch.

Long story short, everyone knows your body spawns before your weapon, so use this trick to shoot immediately, or else you are begging for a knife down your throat.

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

2 hours ago, RANDALL said:

A lot of people call bs when I kill them with my shotgun when playing freezetag, so here is exactly how I use mine in the MW2 mod for CoD4. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and may use shotguns different than me, but in my opinion, the way I use mine is pound for pound the best.

For the MW2 Freezetag mod, I use the following class setup.

SPAS-12 with Grip attachment (you lose your Inventory item, but trust me, the Grip makes this shotgun far better than without it)

Pistol is 44 magnum

Frag grenade

Smoke grenade

Perk 1 is Armor Piercing

Perk 2 is Dead Silence

Perk 3 is Stealth

Basically, the combination of the Grip attachment and the Armor Piercing perk gives, effectively, maximum lethal range (considering enemy body armor). The Armor Piercing perk also grants the 44 mag a one-shot kill at any range also. Dead Silence muffles 70 percent of player movement, since I like to be quiet and flank. The Stealth perk is vital for running and gunning. It protects you from showing up on radar (UAV), Sentry Guns (unless you shoot an unsilenced weapon within the Sentry's range), helicopters, you don't trip claymores or bouncing betties, and you are not targeted with a red square by Predator missiles or other aerial killstreaks. 

As far as how I can shoot my shotgun so fast, despite being a pump action shotgun, it is simple. Most noobs accuse me of using a weapon switch bind or a script. I have never used one of these because I consider that cheating. All you have to do, and this takes a lot of practice, is to shoot and hold down your fire key while spamming your change weapon key in quick increments of two. Essentially, it allows you to force the pump of the shotgun so you can shoot again. If you can master that, I am also able to hold down my W key at the same time to continue moving forward while shooting and guiding myself  with my mouse. The Double Tap perk allows you to shoot faster as well, but in most cases when your oponent has body armor, either by perk or deathstreak, often times you need to shoot them twice to kill (and you don't have time for that). 

If you plan on making a shotgun class on the MW2 server, I recommend using the bottom of the two classes, since the top shotgun class' perk one defaults back to the Stopping Power perk after almost every death (at least when you try to use Armor Piercing). 

BONUS

As far as what killstreaks I use, I mainly use the following:

3-Killstreak UAV

4-Killstreak SAM Turret

8-Killstreak B-2 Spirit

I don't like using "spawn-protection" killstreaks like RC-XD, Predator Missiles, Smartbombs, AGM Reapers, and AC130s because I feel that hiding behind spawn protection other than when you first spawn after death is cheap. I often get as many, if not more, defrosts as people who use RC-XDs, etc. There are a lot of cowards that use spawn protection to get behind you and knife you, etc, followed by taunting, that I feel takes no skill, despite their false sense of accomplishment. UAV is a great alternative to RC-XDs because most people don't use Stealth, and it tells me where campers and cowards are hiding. SAM Turrets are great for shooting down killstreaks, and I think they are really cool and I like their animation. Lastly, I love dropping carpetbombs with the B-2 with the UAV telling me where to drop it. Lastly, I use the Smoke grenade to help me get across open spaces, and I use the Frag grenade so I can cook them and gauge distances for where they explode.

This was a long rant, but if you would like any advice, I'd be happy to help anyone trying to learn how to use shotguns. I did not mention the M1014 shotgun on this post, but I can give advice for how to use one too. I feel the SPAS-12 is the better weapon, that's all, and I prefer pump action shotguns.

V/R,

RANDALL

82313997.jpg

images (22).jpg

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Ok not hacks or scripts but still cheap. One of the reasons why I dont play the mod anymore, not that I have the time to or have much interest. The other.... all I can see is the messed up Saritch being used all over the place. And yes, its messed up and has been for a very long time. :lol:

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

lol this was funny.. A attempt at something, Not really sure.. But also a taste of arrogance ... And to say some using something in the game as a perk or aid and then feeling a false sense of accomplishment or no skill is about as a douche comment as you can get... Might as well tell someone if they use Bouncing Betty is no skill like i do... All this coming from the member who gave up tags and came back... Any who just my opinion... So be careful using the word cheap, Or Ill sneak up behind you and cut you! lol

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

tldr : hax! :lol:

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Achievement Points:  50963
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50670
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971

Manipulates the game's mechanics to force faster gun reloads; throws smoke, then calls people that use legitimate perks & gaming styles he disagrees with 'cheap' & 'cowardly'.  Supercilious hypocrite much?

Edited by Timmah!
Punctuation =)

8 hours ago, Timmah! said:

Manipulates the game's mechanics to force faster gun reloads; throws smoke, then calls people that use legitimate perks & gaming styles he disagrees with 'cheap' & 'cowardly'.  Supercilious hypocrite much?

Manipulating game mechanics, or am I using a capability that anyone can do that is unique to CoD4 and no other game in the franchise? You can decrease reload time of every weapon in the mod by tapping your change weapon key twice with precise timing. In my mind, exploiting game mechanics would be using a weapon switch bind and or scroll wheel fire (which is allowed) to shoot every round of my shotgun or pistol in under a second. Why is it necessary to force the pump of the shotgun? Because the SPAS-12 is the only weapon in the mod, like the W1200 in Freezetag 1, that jams. Superlicious? Considering the level of difficulty, yes. Do I handicap myself in most instances, yes. Could I use a ranged weapon, like an Assault rifle, use the overpowered RC-XD, Predator Missile, and Smartbombs setup, get 100 kills a map, and talk trash? Yes. Is that challenging or fun? No. Hypocrite? No. There are plenty of ways to exploit capabilities of the server, for example, strafe jumping to utilize the ability to glide across the map while running. Am I respectful? In most cases, yes? Most cases? Have I been attacked by other players in the server and retaliated after losing my cool? Yes. Do I feel that most people wish my SPAS-12 be nerfed into extinction? Yes. When people call bs on me, do they ever consider it to possibly be skill? I don't think so. When I call bs, it is never questioning another player's kill on me. I call bs on myself when I miss a shot I was sure would hit. 

I'd rather not start a huge argument. I just wanted people to understand how I play.

Solid argument: Because it's available to anyone who wants to do it, therefore it's legitimate & intended...not.  If they intended it to reload that fast, they would have coded it that way; they didn't.

'Just wanted people to understand how I play.'  You forgot: I wanted to disparage other peoples' gaming styles that don't suit my sensibilities; even if it's a legitimate, available reward.  You don't have to, as you say, 'spam the change weapon key' or any other to gain invisibility after coming back from certain killstreaks because it's intended.  You want to manipulate the game in a way that wasn't intended to gain an advantage, great; but to then in the next breath call people cowards for playing the game without manipulation just makes you look silly, arrogant & hypocritical.

I respect your opinion. I don't call people cowards because they don't play like me. The cowards, in my mind, are the people who use spawn protection to get behind me and taunt me after every kill. Is that warranted? I don't see a place for it. I feel it is derived from the addiction of getting killstreaks. 

Just to be sure, I ain't mad at ya; whenever we're on teamspeak at the same time, please feel as comfortable as you did before this conversation.

19 minutes ago, Timmah! said:

Just to be sure, I ain't mad at ya; whenever we're on teamspeak at the same time, please feel as comfortable as you did before this conversation.

I never feel comfortable around you on teamspeak. I don't blame @RANDALL if he doesn't either!

Popsicle?

• Member ID:  25212
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1449
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  14728
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

33 minutes ago, Jeroen v.2 said:

Popsicle?

Mmmmmmmmmm Popsicle...

Would you also happen to have a glass of wine?

1 minute ago, FUNky said:

Mmmmmmmmmm Popsicle...

Would you also happen to have a glass of wine?

Don't be a pussy dad with your wine! You're welcome anytime for a decent glass of beer :cheers: 

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

32 minutes ago, Jeroen v.2 said:

Don't be a pussy dad with your wine! You're welcome anytime for a decent glass of beer :cheers: 

Yea but don't look for it in the Netherlands, eurofizz, drink proper beer :lol:

3 hours ago, RANDALL said:

I respect your opinion. I don't call people cowards because they don't play like me. The cowards, in my mind, are the people who use spawn protection to get behind me and taunt me after every kill. Is that warranted? I don't see a place for it. I feel it is derived from the addiction of getting killstreaks. 

I actually respect your opinion too. But for you to be arrogant and whinny about some using something in the game as combat medic is as much of a ass as i am about you using shotty and calling you out... Like Timmah I aint mad.. I guess I just thought that you coming and sharing your load was cool, Then you went all douche bag and talked about others playing style and doing exactly what you were talking about... So to call peeps out by calling them coward is  pretty shitty, Do I get excited when I get some one who has been smoking my ass and I finally ruin there kill streak, Hell yes.. Does getting behind a few peeps help my kdr, LOL you seen my score?... So next time you pretend to come here all high and mighty , Might want to check yourself and be legit.... Again, Just my opinion.. 

I have no problem with the Combat Medic perk. It is a great perk, and the only reason I don't use it is because of claymores and bouncing betties. It sounds weird, but I just don't like the spawn protection after killstreaks, even though I understand it. Maybe I like how simple Freezetag 1 is, where all you have is your initial spawn protection. I play in that server a lot too. Spawn protection killstreaks are just frustrating to me because often times it is the very last person you are searching for that gets away at the last second. It's part of the game, and I don't complain when I get blown up constantly by RC-XDs, etc. It's just the sucker punch that comes afterward and the taunting (without mentioning names) that annoys me. I don't like the toxicity and lack of sportsmanship sometimes in the MW2 server. Bunch of disrespectful killstreak fiends at times. Sorry for not making that clear.

You can call me out.. I deserve it... But I truly just bring it in game... All good... :)

Oh, the tears in game are DELICIOUS, you can make lemonade with them.

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone