Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Trouble getting "classes" changes to stick

Osage

• Member ID:  27102
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  166
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1943
  • Device:  Windows

I no longer seem to be able to make a change to the classes that will stick.  For example: if I go in and change a perk from bouncing betty to satchel charge..................it will be ok as long as I am in the game on the server.

Or another example: tried to change the primary weapon..................no luck. Tried to change the vehicle perk from faster turret to faster reload..............no luck

But if I leave the game, the changes are lost.

I dont seem to be able to take advantage of any new perks.

AND my data seems not to be recording..................for example: there is a perk for driving a tank 50 miles.   I drive a tank every chance I get..................but the record shows 8 out of 50 miles..............and has for some time.

I know there are two places to make changes................and previously, I could go into the game play on the server, and then back out and go to the classes and make a change and it would stick...............that is, the change would be there when I came back the next night.  I've tried saving as a different name.  I've tried to make changes at the first level of classes also...............before going to a server.  Same thing. 

I'm wondering if this is common?  Am I doing something wrong?  Anyone have this trouble before?  A fix?

• Member ID:  24295
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

What game is it?

OOOPs, guess that would help.

COD  WAW

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.16
  • Achievement Points:  63248
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

Errr simple question, you are saving the changes you want under 'custom' aren't you? and for changes on our server you need to be on the server not someone elses. The 50 mile tank thing is a new one for me, never seen it, we have someone who'll be able to help, and although your post is long some of it doesn't make sense. To get custom levels you have to earn them, if you ain't got them you are stuck with stock weapons .

So come on our server join a game, then come out and select the part to change weapons, select say custom 1, get what you want, go back to game and check they're there. Come off the server, rejoin, select custom 1 and see what happens. i.e. do the simple things first before anything else, let us know

Yes, I'm referring to the custom classes.  The ones that become available after earning whatever points were needed.  I've never done the "prestige" classes.

Yes, the perks I'm referring to are earned perks.  They show up as options to select from  when I'm in one of the custom class areas.  For example:  If I go to Custom class 1 (which I renamed once and now does not show up as #1 any longer..............but it is the first one on the list)..............if I go there and change the primary weapon from what it has been (shotgun with grip) over to the PPSH...............I'm allowed to select the PPSH as the primary weapon. And as long as I come back into the server from there, the selected PPSH is available for the period I'm in the server playing the game.

Any of the changes I've attempted are selections that are "highlighted". They show up as available and will go to the right side of the page replacing whatever was there previously.

BUT, if I leave the server and the game and then come back the next time I want to play..............any change is gone.  At one time I could make changes to the custom classes.  They have all been modified for "custom" fit.  And for a while I was able to go in and make a change...................I changed primary weapon from a Thompson to MG42, etc. But now I cannot do that.

In the ranks and challenges, under vehicles, one of the challenges is to drive a tank 50 miles.   Originally, that was registering ...................it shows 8 miles. But it has been 8 miles for a couple weeks now and each time I've been on a game that had tanks, I've hopped in and driven..................the mileage should have changed..........but hasn't.

It just now occurred to me that I have not actually looked at the overall points accumulation to see if that is changing.  I'll have to check that tonight.

Thanks for trying to assist.  

I'm wondering if you're losing your player profile when you leave, it has happened to me and lots of others, you need to save it regularly anyway just in case. Enable see hidden files C/users/your name/appdata/local/activision/codwaw/players/profiles/then your user name.

This should be fairly recent and if you open up the user name, the mods should be fairly recent and the config_mp,cfg should be your last visit - does this check out?

No.................

The saved date on the files is 7/31..............and I've certainly been playing since then.  I probably was playing without realizing any problem, but about three weeks ago I tried to make a change to the perks on a class and became aware of the problem and have been chewing on the problem since then.

So it would appear you are onto something...............not sure I understand how to correct that.............???

I did check and the summary of played time and scores is adding ok.

image.png

Edited by Osage
delete obscure post

OK please don't assume I'm an expert, but I save this folder once a month then if it is corrupted replace it, obviously you cannot now do this, something is missing or corrupted somewhere, I would suggest reinstall but thats a pain. A faint hope but is the time right in your CMOS (bios) as these times are obviously 2 months ago and it's weird they are all near the same (i.e. everything stopped working then), either they are wrong (bios) or nothing is being saved at all. (programme or program as you say it) I wonder if you could find these files on cd, replace them and rename old files 1 (then you can revert easily if still not working. Anyone else any ideas??

Two more things to check 1/. Did windows do an update around then?  2/. Did you install anything else around then

Edited by RobMc

Well, I think you got to the problem.............got me to think back a little more accurately.

Back at that time my HD started to go kaput.  The HD was replaced and I had to upload a lot of stuff.

I was able to retrieve the old files for COD WAW from the failing disk.............and did a copy/paste in order to keep from having to start over.

I think that is the problem................I was able to come from "zero" up to where I was when the HD went out on me................but apparently it is now stuck at that point.........not writing any new information.

I'm thinking solving that may be a bigger issue than it is really worth................LOL.............it's only a game.

Dang, I hate to go through all the getting killed to upgrade the shotgun.

Yep, if anyone has any ideas on this ............I'm open to suggestions

Ah Bingo!, still no problem, you must reinstall to get everything right (especially registry I believe), then cut and past this folder (profiles) ONLY in the new installation (rename old one something else just in case) and you should have all mods up to that date, afraid you'll need to earn from there. All patches and maps are on our site and you can download them there, good luck and in future back up that folder and the maps.

Edited by RobMc