Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

glitch warnings or any other

Elvis9

• Member ID:  23919
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  998
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  12130
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/19/1969
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I was recorded for being in a glitch that I didn't know was a glitch, this is my opinion, but I think that an admin should warn that person first and if they don't comply , then record them! I know I was banned once for that shit , and I don't want to be banned again.  I thought I was being a good player and now I am feeling like I am being watched closely on every game I play. One more thing I want to point out is, most of you know I play cod5 freezetag most of the time. I was told by a moderator to mute my mic in teamspeak, I have it voice activated instead of push to talk, I feel like I kept getting singled out for that mic bs when nothing is said to other people that do it, even admins. I am a grown man that doesn't need to be told how to play the game, but if I am in a glitch, all I am saying is, please admins, warn me before you record me! I want to enjoy the game and I try to get along with everyone.

• Member ID:  2986
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  206
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6453
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Achievement Points:  50693
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  12/19/1967
  • Device:  iPhone

I can't speak for other games,  but in cod4 we will warn you,  if you continue we will kick. 

• Member ID:  24842
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1410
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  14709
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  09/12/1989
  • Device:  Windows

1 hour ago, Elvis9 said:

I was recorded for being in a glitch that I didn't know was a glitch, this is my opinion, but I think that an admin should warn that person first and if they don't comply , then record them! I know I was banned once for that shit , and I don't want to be banned again.  I thought I was being a good player and now I am feeling like I am being watched closely on every game I play. One more thing I want to point out is, most of you know I play cod5 freezetag most of the time. I was told by a moderator to mute my mic in teamspeak, I have it voice activated instead of push to talk, I feel like I kept getting singled out for that mic bs when nothing is said to other people that do it, even admins. I am a grown man that doesn't need to be told how to play the game, but if I am in a glitch, all I am saying is, please admins, warn me before you record me! I want to enjoy the game and I try to get along with everyone.

Truth must be told, voice activation people in TS are the most annoying people ? Hear kids, pets, cars, wifes vaccuuming in the background etc.... That's just annoying :cheers:

But as GG said, in COD you get a warning once glitching, not only from the admins/mods but also some decent amount of shit of other players xD

Edited by Jeroen v.2

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1065
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8394
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74551
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

An admin can record as they see fit as often will be used to review among other admins, things such as glitches.  Recording aside, a warning should be issued first, then it goes to a kick.

Asfor ts, don't think there is anything wrong with voice activated mic as long as your not spamming the mic and being distributive.

Thank you,Merlin 

• Member ID:  2978
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1656
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  26102
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/23/1970

As far as I know Elvis..A warning is always suppose to be given for anyone glitching. Most people probably would not even know they are in a glitch

I didn't know it was a glitch because I wasn't hiding in anything and striker shot me twice there, there are so many glitches in these maps, sometimes, like you said ,viper, you don't know whether you are in one or not!

Edited by Elvis9

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50669
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

Solution is: A public, pinned thread with the current glitches that are forbidden; that way players can review it and know where not to go.  Instead of waiting to be told "don't go there'.  

• Member ID:  22619
  • Followers:  132
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  3595
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  35023
  • Days Won:  22

I'm the one who asked you about TS, but I'll explain : What I meant is that you should use a push to talk key. I said "mute" because that's what I do myself. Instead of binding a key to talk, I use "mute"and "un-mute". That's why it came out this way :) It's just that it gets "annoying" when everybody can hear the voice activated player talking to his teammates when he's not in the same team and over the actual team chat game. Or, if we're having a conversation on TS and this player talks over is because he's taking to his/her teammates. Also, when this player is on the same team, it makes it that we hear you "double", which is also annoying. I've told 2 other players, not just you btw :) I know that it happens to a few people, including myself when I forget to mute myself back, and that's when someone nicely say something like "gotcha AthenA" lol... then, I apologize and mute myself back. It was nothing to take the wrong way or nothing personal Elvis.

I must add that when I asked you, you were actually on my team and taking to me, but I couldn't even understand you because the delay was awful (between the doubles, if I can put it that way lol)... like the echo.

Edited by AthenA

• Member ID:  122
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2843
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Achievement Points:  21919
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/10/1964

4 hours ago, Merlin007 said:

An admin can record as they see fit as often will be used to review among other admins, things such as glitches.  Recording aside, a warning should be issued first, then it goes to a kick.

Asfor ts, don't think there is anything wrong with voice activated mic as long as your not spamming the mic and being distributive.

I agree with Merlin.

• Member ID:  3682
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1834
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  14780
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/12/1960
  • Device:  Android

Since I was the admin that @Elvis9 is speaking of I must add to this post.  I warned him not to go back in there and he complied.  That's it, case closed.  No problem.  As for the recording, admins routinely have the record button pressed while in game, at least I do.  I was recording you and another player that was doing a similar thing at the same time.  Nothing came of either so the recorded gameplay was deleted.  I am sure that all of our admins respond to spawn camping, hacking, glitching complaints the same way.  Just start recording, spec the player, see what they are doing and usually its nothing.  Just like today.  Nothing.  Don't worry about it man, its ok.  Hell, @2_MANY_BEERS kicked me for glitching one time and I did not even know I was in a glitch. And he didn't warn me either ( assclown) When this gets to be a problem is when a player is told repeatedly to stop glitching and they don't.  Then we kick, then ban.  That is when the recorded gameplay is necessary, and is uploaded to the demo manager for all admins to see.  Evidence of the reason for ban.  Cant ban from our servers without it.  You never know what is going to happen, so you record just in case.  I really enjoy playing the game with you Elvis, did not mean to upset you in any way.

No problem , just didn't realize it was a glitch 

@spinpuppy, like you said, nothing personal, I wanted to vent about the glitches, I wish the maps didn't have them, you told me that you said something to me about being in the glitch, but how can I hear you when you were in spectate, so that couldn't have been possible for me to hear you. now, @AthenA, about the mic situation, until I find another solution or shortcut key, I will keep using as I see fit, but the push to talk, I keep hitting the wrong buttons for that and I cannot drop my screen during the game because it will freeze up. So for now that is all I have to say as I will be out of town for a few days on vacation!

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

Elvis is a little sensitive about this....remember that time??? lol....

• Member ID:  87
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

thats funny your are warned once then kicked which is a rule not to glitch but spawn killing is a rule you must warn 3 times have 5 vids and a note from your mother to get rid of them lol.just my dirty 2cents

fuck off.jpg

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

• Member ID:  22619
  • Followers:  132
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  3595
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  35023

21 hours ago, Elvis9 said:

@spinpuppy, like you said, nothing personal, I wanted to vent about the glitches, I wish the maps didn't have them, you told me that you said something to me about being in the glitch, but how can I hear you when you were in spectate, so that couldn't have been possible for me to hear you. now, @AthenA, about the mic situation, until I find another solution or shortcut key, I will keep using as I see fit, but the push to talk, I keep hitting the wrong buttons for that and I cannot drop my screen during the game because it will freeze up. So for now that is all I have to say as I will be out of town for a few days on vacation!

I know exactly what you mean Elvis. My game crash/freezes if I try to minimize it when I'm in game. This is why I binded a key that will "mute" and "un-mute" and I used a key close to my mouse so it doesn't interfere with any game key. Also, you can hear it on TS when it's on or not. It says "Microphone activated" or "Microphone muted", so you can know if it's on or not. I'll guide you in or tell you more if you want, when you'll be back. Enjoy your vacation !