Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

I dont want to plug a service. BUT

TheButtman

• Member ID:  21453
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  292
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

https://shadow.tech/gben?gclid=CjwKCAiAuMTfBRAcEiwAV4SDkZ7PoNkayb4SOl2jMT1XNbRMjcKrWrLN78UudjyPpSrr8dnOatJIVxoCVHcQAvD_BwE

Is this a good idea or what are your thoughts. Its cheaper than buying outright. Will I be able to play COD4 freezetag?

• Member ID:  133
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  77
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6882
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  44077
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  12/12/1971
  • Device:  Windows

That "Only £26.95/month" strikes me. That is £323,40 per year and you don't own it. What if you break it or something breaks, and on top, what are they going to charge you like insurances? Read the FAQ and: Guarantee

What guarantees do you offer in case of breakage or breakdown of my Shadow?

We will replace your Shadow at no extra cost in case of a default. In the case of breakages, the replacement costs are the responsibility of the user.

What do you have now?

• Member ID:  133
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  77
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6882
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  44077
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  12/12/1971
  • Device:  Windows

Ps: You really want this? It has Windows 10 already ;)

Security
What guarantees are there that you will not be hacked?

On Shadow you remain in control of security and antivirus exactly as with your Windows personal computer. Concerning the risk of porosity from one user to another, each Shadow user has his own environment, isolated from others by recognized components, with hardware elements dedicated to him. Moreover, your system works on servers located in France and not abroad which are managed by a team dedicated 24/24 and secured with the same technologies used by banks. Effective corporate class protections against cyber-attacks are implemented (firewalls against DDOS attacks and the likes). Our Tier 3+ data centers are certified ISO 27001 (Secured Hosting of IT Infrastructure). Your data is therefore much better protected than at home. (WTF!?)

Are you watching what I'm doing on Shadow?

This is obviously out of the question. Only users have access to their computer and they alone know what they put in their computers. Beware however, we sell PCs, we are not a service with a moderator who will tell you that your holiday photos do not respect the group’s policy! On the other hand, our system treats data on the use of hardware components of servers by users, to monitor temperature, power consumption etc. in the data center.

Where are the data stored?

In a dedicated and secure Tier 3+ data centers in France. We are therefore subjected to French regulations on data protection.

Can I permanently delete all my stored data?

Yes, as on any conventional computer. Conversely, we are thinking about an optional service that will allow users to find the data present a little later - to avoid problem files being deleted a little too quickly that happens. But this will remain optional, since if someone wishes  to permanently erase something, we will make sure such data can not be recovered.

Edited by X-RayXI

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

1 hour ago, TheButtman said:

https://shadow.tech/gben?gclid=CjwKCAiAuMTfBRAcEiwAV4SDkZ7PoNkayb4SOl2jMT1XNbRMjcKrWrLN78UudjyPpSrr8dnOatJIVxoCVHcQAvD_BwE

Is this a good idea or what are your thoughts. Its cheaper than buying outright. Will I be able to play COD4 freezetag?

Try this, I've used it for COD5 and COD4, works pretty well: 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/