Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Banned Items that aren't on the List

Fract

• Member ID:  27363
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  30
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

We should all know that volunteer Admins for a free server don't have the time to do everything that even they would want to do;  so, I thought I'd try and help other new players not waste time with plans that might involve potentially banned items that haven't been added to the list by posting about what I've found to be banned so far:

Thaumcraft: 

Golemancers Bell

Computer Craft:

Wired Modem

Wireless Modem

Rednet:

Rednet Controller

Rednet Cables ( this is different from Rednet Energy Cables)

Tinkers Construct:

All of the "Travellers" gear (gloves, belt, etc.)

Witchery:

Poppet Shelves

Blood Magic:

Teleposer  (this item is on the list but it is not listed as from Blood Magic;  I haven't checked the Teleposer from the ProjectRed Expansion yet)

I will make additional posts if / when I find more items that are banned.  This list is not an attempt at arguing the reasons for an item being banned; that's a topic for another post(s).

It is worth mentioning that some of the items on the posted banned items list are not currently banned; I've seen some of them in use, and use some myself regularly.  Unfortunately this means that sometimes it just takes trying to make or place something to see if it is actually banned or not:  which means that we all just have to take that automated "Ha! You wish!" response in good spirits and keep trying things (even though it's infuriating to have the server laugh at you for trying something you didn't know was not allowed... )

Hope this helps someone.  Good Luck and Have Fun!

Fract