Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Selling my Civic XI... I will miss her. Sniff Sniff

hxtr

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970
  • Device:  Windows

Attention: If you are some kid who plans to buy this car to beat the crap out of it, think again. I will keep it till I find the right buyer/owner. Sorry but I'm in no hurry to sell this car and I want it taken care of even fixed up someday. She's almost a 19 year old classic. Hard to find one not modified. Stock everything except the wheels. Wheels are off a Mini Cooper. No Mini Cooper Wheels don't fit on a Honda Civic 2000. These have been modified just a bit and they fit perfectly. Asian guy I bought her from had it done. They did a great job.

She is loud. I was going to fix that a few years ago but why rob horsepower. Plus if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Had it inspected every year and not once have they told me I needed to fix the hidden hole in my muffler. Maybe because it sounds so good? I refuse to fix it though. Way to much fun having the hole.

I removed the A/C but I still have everything that goes with it. 2 weeks after getting the car a hole blew out of the compressor.. so I ripped the system out. No need for that load baring un-necessity.

I'm the third owner. I bought car when I needed something reliable, good on gas and cheap. I use to carry all my tools, computers equipment, wire, ladders and more from job to job. It has tones of room to haul things and it really has been a great car.

She is not perfect. Again I used this as my work car. Self employed kind of stuff. She will run all day and night though needing little maintenance in doing so. Just keep good oil in her.

She burn a little oil. Show me a 2000 Civic that doesn't. I use Castrol 5w30 and I put Marvel Mystery Oil in my fuel take to keep the combustion chamber clean. I highly recommend you do that to every car. Injectors will stay clean as can be.

When I got this car I had the timing belt replaced for it's second time at 176,000 miles. It now has around 212,000 miles and belt is good till 266,000. Car is good for another 100,000 miles easy.

I had the clutch replaces when I had the bearings replaced in the transmission 2.5 years ago when the input shaft bearing went out. I was on the other side of town when it happened and I drove her home when I should of stopped. It messed up 5th gear but who needs 5th gear in this car. 5 gear has zero power and still gets great gas mileage without it. You wont miss the 5th gear.

I keep Redline transmission oil in it starting when I was trying to fix the input shaft bearing noise. :)

This car is easy to work on. Super light at 2500lbs. You can change the starter from the top. I have a spare starter btw. It was my battery not the starter. DOPE!!!!!!!!

She is faster than lots of cars out there that think she slow. I have video to prove it on my dash cam. You seldom see anyone pass me. BTW the Dashcam comes with it. You will need it. Call it insurance. For some reason driving this car attracts lots of hate. I never stick around to find out why. Zoom Zoom!!!!

When I got the car I had all the belts, hoses and engine mounts and replaces along with the Timing Bet. I replaced the disks, pads and flushed the break system myself. Breaks are easy. I always set the Emergency break and it always works so I have not done a thing to the drum breaks in the back accept bleed the fluid out. She has a new fuel filter as of last March.

It purrs like a kitten.

Why am I selling her. My 2005 CRV has replaced the need for my 2000 Civic though my CRV does not get near as good of gas millage.

The car has a rebuilt title due to hail damage when it was brand new. I have original dealer and first owner info.

I hope a mechanic buys her.
https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/cibolo-hatchback-2000-honda-civic-never/6779304053.html

CLHC2000DashCam.JPG

CLHC2000top1.JPG

CLHC2000back1.JPG

IMG_20181223_161621.jpg

IMG_20181223_160343.jpg

IMG_20181223_160805.jpg

IMG_20181223_161228.jpg

IMG_20181223_160526.jpg

IMG_20181223_160133.jpg

IMG_20181223_160106.jpg

Edited by hxtr

• Member ID:  2985
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966
  • Device:  Android

needs a turbo and race clutch  .. but yeah.. not for me good luck

• Member ID:  26915
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  925
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  14911
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/14/1968
  • Device:  Macintosh

Hmmm, $1/lb huh?

Awards

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970
  • Device:  Windows

If I ripped out my CRV's 2.4l Vtech engine and put it in her with a turbo I could do this.