Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Open Club  ·  73 members

Rust

Map Suggestions and Discussion

BlueHair-OMO

• Member ID:  27422
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  70
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings Fellow Carbon-Based Life...

As we (hopefully)gather more people, it may be nice to have a place to discuss what we all think of in terms of map selection. What aspects do like to see in a map? What are your suggestions, and why would you prefer them?

My first suggestion was generated by me using my favorite number, 3, and 9.  4500/93939393.  I am experimenting with other repetitive integer choices as well. Large numbers seem to create complexity, while using the same numbers repeatedly seems to act as a mechanism for more even distribution. Could be wrong, but the empirical observational evidence points that way.

The criteria that I am currently using to choose a map are... number and distribution of rivers, mountains dividing biomes,  well-placed/evenly-spaced monuments and scrap runs, outer areas of less importance that may shelter those who wish it, and good biome mix.

My first selection has little Tundra biome, but has more going for it in other areas.  TEN rivers, evenly spread around the map edge. Dividing, centrally located Mountain Range. Upper NE corner has a possible XI-land. ? Nice large island with land bridge. Outpost is not very centered, but Bandit Camp is. The monuments have a good spread. The number of roads and power lines means uber scrap runs. 

Share your choices and reasons behind them. A vibrant, informed discussion improves everyone's knowledge and enjoyment.

Thanks for your attention,

Blue

• Member ID:  26443
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50669
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  118