Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Should we ban world-class players???

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  20166
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946
  • Device:  Windows

A player comes into a server who is not cheating, but is very highly skilled. He easily leads every map, sometimes with a score twice that of the second-place player.

Some want to ban such a player because, they say, he's too good for us and is taking the fun out of the game. Others say we sholdn't discriminate against a high-skilled player and that no player should be banned only because he's a lot better than everyone else.

What do you think? And why?

Edited by HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

As you know this occurred recently but as you asked heres my penny's worth

I personally come to enjoy myself, and that means exactly that, running around with your friends, laughing and chatting, teasing each other and that is why you join a clan, otherwise no point. There is no fun at all in lasting a nanosecond after you spawn, being tubed to death etc etc, so no point in playing, no fun, why be in a clan??

There unfortunately is no other way to tell if people are cheating other than a lot of time and effort by the admins, but there is also little doubt that some people do, however they do it.

Every normal player has good and bad days, but players that are highly 'skilled' to the point they are untouchable ruin the game for the ordinary players, and they leave, that is proved beyond doubt. You get in this clan because you fit in, we have some astounding players who I have never considered cheaters, far better than me, but I can still kill them and occasionally get near their score. BUT I don't care what you say the 'highly skilled' players are impossible to play with, so I personally leave, if I left often enough so that it isn't worth playing then what is the point of being in XI ??

It is a very difficult thing, but in it's simplest term if the ordinary 'Joe' cannot play without enjoyment, then he won't play, yes I am sorry for them but they have no place in a clan like this - full stop.

And stop before you start Angelz lol.

Edited by RobMc

• Member ID:  3139
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2052
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16789
  • Days Won:  18
  • Birthday:  04/20/1984

this thread is a trap! lmao :cat:

images543ed.jpg.37401e9411becf233033bed1031cdc52.jpg

1 hour ago, Crack said:

this thread is a trap! lmao :cat:

images543ed.jpg.37401e9411becf233033bed1031cdc52.jpg

It's a straightforward question seeking the opinion of XI members and non-members who play on our servers as this issue is debated by admin. Why is it a "trap?" Do you think it's worded unfairly?

Edited by HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14301
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

12 minutes ago, HarryWeezer said:

It's a straightforward question seeking the opinion of XI members as this issue is debated by admin. Why is it a "trap?" Do you think it's worded unfairly?

Should of posted it in the clan member discussions Harry. It will just end up into a shitshow here ?

13 minutes ago, Barron3000 said:

Should of posted it in the clan member discussions Harry. It will just end up into a shitshow here ?

Thanks Barron but non-members also play on our servers and I'd like their opinion as well.

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1744
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15647
  • Days Won:  4

World class....? really?   why would a world class player be on one of your servers to play,shouldn't he or she be in tournaments or practicing with their team mates for the next one....that would be like a major league baseball player getting in a softball league of middle aged men...how fun would that be for them?....and why would they?

but I have yet to see a legitimate world class player as you mentioned in here ....it's just guys who have nothing better to do than do whatever it takes to win...hhmmm....I always love it when an admin says I was filming him and I couldn't catch anything....do you ever check stats on game tracker ,or watch their style of play or some of the no way in hell kills they get or their gifted vision knowing where everyone is...? or how many hits it takes to bring them down compared to the rest of the players(including,known good players....?) or how easily they can kill someone with limited shots or the one shot pistol kills,even from extreme distance....you really think just watching them on film is going to catch them....It's the job of the admins. to be a detective not just an observer,but to protect the game and keep it fair for all the regulars and noobies that enter...

If I come into a game with legitimate questionable players I simply go to another server because I know nothing will be done except the dragging of heels because someone with authority can't or is too afraid to make the call or a decision.I know a lot of other players do the same and more than half the time go to another non XI server.

I haven't said anything for a while but now it's getting out of hand....you finally got rid of one such player ,btw one who WAS a giant hack.(and please don't say it was because how he wasn't playing as a team mate either...I will give no name because we all know who I'm talking about.So if you can pull the trigger on this guy......

what's stopping you now?

I enjoy playing on your servers,have been since 2007 but all in all, I will just continue to go somewhere else until the player(s) in question is gone from the server .....or maybe.....has been banned.

I will still continue playing here because you have good servers and members and I have a lot of fun goofing around and laughing with them while I game but will just have to shut my mouth and leave when someone like this comes in.

:guitar:

• Member ID:  25212
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1449
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  14728
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

I’m going to disregard the response above because it is full of the typical bashing of the Admin teams that always comes up in these threads.

I don’t favor kicking or banning someone simply because they are too good. I actually enjoy playing against good players because I get great satisfaction out of killing them when I can. 

There are always those that aren’t happy with anyone being better than them and constantly complain loudly. I think that sort of thing makes the game much less enjoyable than someone with a high score or great K/D ratio. 

• Member ID:  25332
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  4319
  • Days Won:  2
  • Device:  Android

My 2 cents into this topic! Guys come on now when I play ( WORLD CLASS PLAYER here  ) you guys don't get mad...... ?

• Member ID:  27563
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  552
  • Birthday:  12/04/1966

50 minutes ago, FUNky said:

There are always those that aren’t happy with anyone being better than them and constantly complain loudly. I think that sort of thing makes the game much less enjoyable than someone with a high score or great K/D ratio. 

Amen brother,

Without those highly skilled players the games would have no substance in my opinion. What drives a person more then to try and overcome or match the skill of another. Is that not why we do this. As satisfying as it is to come back and kill a player sitting in a closet that never moved once killing you---Nothing compares to shooting that person that is killing your whole team. Then when you have that great day in which you shoot that skilled player 3 times in a row, oh boy time to go get that frosty mug from the freezer and drink a cold one in reward!!!!!  Then without the skilled players we would not have that entertaining drama that unfolds ----just boring same old same old? Games will always attract those cheaters and we all feel sorry for those types but when peeps have just straight skill, it is what it is.......My suggestion is do what I do, when that crazy good player gets you, just give them the old?which means nice shot you ass!!!!

Awards

• Member ID:  24295
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, RobMc said:

And stop before you start Angelz lol.

The one thing I have learned is that old men hate being called whiners and pussies LOL hahahhahahhahahha

The XI servers and website have been put out on social media and other websites as being awesome. These people who have posted have mentioned that your admins do not take shit and follow the clan rules to a T. Your all fair and understanding. These people have played in your servers. They took notes.

When world class players (pro gamers) read these posts they come to play believing they will not face any ridicule or be banned because they are great players.

Then when they are banned because people complain that they are not having fun, it doesn't look good on the clan.

They go to back to social media and the websites and post what happened to them.  What do you think is going to happen? Your clans name becomes mud. All the threads and posts will deleted and your clan name disappears.

Most XI members are awesome people and I would hate to see this happen as I have a lot of respect for the XI clan and a few members in it.

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9313
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960

4 hours ago, HarryWeezer said:

A player comes into a server who is not cheating, but is very highly skilled. He easily leads every map, sometimes with a score twice that of the second-place player.

Some want to ban such a player because, they say, he's too good for us and is taking the fun out of the game. Others say we sholdn't discriminate against a high-skilled player and that no player should be banned only because he's a lot better than everyone else.

What do you think? And why?

Gosh! I was unmasked! :lol:

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19551
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

IMHO I would never Ban anyone without Proof of Hacking.

If someone dominates, then get some tissue for your tears...

Getting Offended because someone kicks your ass in a game is the equivalent of a 13 year old's mentality...

If this place ever becomes that then you can have my Tags

Edited by Spartacus
grammer

• Member ID:  59
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083
  • Days Won:  13

Here is my issue.  Many "professional" players run the spawn points.  Thats it.  Had that happen to me the other night with a player that many dont like.  Had a full crew playing and one by one they left.  Was just me and the player in question and he was just spawn raping me.  He was up on high ground and just scoped the sequential spawn points and picked me off.   That is not a "professional" player.  Thats against the rules.

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19551
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

Spawn-Camping is troublesome because it's very hard to apply rules to it.

I'm with you MikeB those who call themselves pros by padding their numbers by spawn-raping are a joke

Edited by Spartacus

Well the choice is simple

1/. Ten world class players and no one else

2/. Six hundred happy members who play on the servers

Vote now

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

You asked idiots for opinions? You are an idiot. lol

IMO if someone is "to good" on every single map there is a reason for it. No one is GODLIKE on every single map, every day of the week unless they find "the perfect camping spot" on every single map.  If he/she is then the admin team needs to look into them. There is a high probability that player is either cheating with a Hack tool or a program like was used in Battlefield recently to change LOD settings (which they now Ban your ass for). OR he/she exploits the use of game files by changing certain settings to remove all foliage,grass,trees and makes certain textured walls transparent. Which can be done on COD2,4 and 5.

That I consider cheating as well because PB would normally kick you for changing LOD settings lower than they would normally go by setting your textures on Low and PB would ban you for changing certain other settings. 

!fu @Angelz you don't count. lol

Edited by J3st3r

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

Well since I'm admittedly one of those players that might something about a player here and there and how they are ruining the server i will give my 2 cents worth..Agreeing with  @RobMc ,crazy i know. But true certain players can come in a totally change the game and mood from a great even match and fun to a cluster fuck in no time.. The sad fact is that most of the people playing here that we might be thinking are hacks are simply players that exploited the game and things that can't be stopped.. Not wrong, but true sign imo of people that care more about themselves than server.. Should they be banned for it, no. I actually like some of these people ,and playing with certain people with better skill can always make your game better, Just like I try to claim in my golf  game. (still working on that) I do feel it has gotten out of hand, But there is really nothing you can do about it.. Sad fact ,there are people that get off on making others unhappy or trying to be something they are not..Shame we don't have a server with different perimeters that they could play on and let there skill ,cough cough and tweaks be used without disrupting the rest of us... Bappy Friday and Cheers!!

Edited by ANGU5

2 minutes ago, ANGU5 said:

Agreeing with  @RobMc ,crazy i know.

Aaaaaw Scotex loves me, how touching, will be working on the first part of my admiration course tonight, watch this space big boy

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

IMHO I would never Ban anyone without Proof of Hacking.

If someone dominates, then get some tissue for your tears...

Getting Offended because someone kicks your ass in a game is the equivalent of a 13 year old's mentality...

If this place ever becomes that then you can have my Tags

• Member ID:  589
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1346
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  10798
  • Birthday:  07/04/1979

Welcome to XI servers, come on in and play, but hold on fella if you are to good you are not welcome here

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50962
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981

Shoot we've already banned someone for being a good player. Probably scaring all the other good players out there in trying to come on and just have fun. 

• Member ID:  27642
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  92
  • Birthday:  07/07/2000

Hmm, this will be the only post I write here but I will say I can understand the anger certain play styles can cause and Im sorry if my play style annoys certain people. I don't always go all out when I play so that players can also have their fun but please understand that when I am called hacker, scumbag and the endless list of immature insults certain players and members of XI say to me, it only makes me want to play better against you. The majority of the people I see on these servers seem like really nice people and the servers are fun to play on and as you know there are not many active servers left on this game.

Surely if someone is playing better than you it makes you want to beat them, I don't understand why it has to go straight to hes hacking etc.. it's just immature. When I have played and there has been a player doing better than me it's always great fun to try to get a higher score than them it's what makes you better at the game.

I am always happy to provide recordings of my games if people want to see them so that they can see Im not cheating and as for this config and settings tweak I am just playing with everything at it's lowest setting to remove unnecessary blur effects and to boost fps.

Edited by JFF echo

Why don't you all make a private server for whiners oops I mean members only. LOL  Then those who do not want to play against pro gamers don't have to.