Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Should we ban world-class players???

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  907
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26176
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969
  • Device:  Windows

13 hours ago, Daemon said:

You people need to stop acting like children, accept the fact that in life there's always gonna be someone better than you

https://youtu.be/97_UVcwpyH8

• Member ID:  1387
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19551
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

There is always room for improvement in skills playing any game.

To Ban people because they are better to me is a Foreign concept.

Now if somebody breaks our rules, then Ban them. But if the only reason why you Ban peep's is because they beat your ass, then I think I'm in the wrong place here....

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

To help ya all . We do not ban people because there to good. What happens is the regular players just get so fustrated . They start to complain and in a short time the server looks like this post. We talk with the player who is now distrupting the server every time they play. We ask them to tone it down ECT. ECT. So after all that if thing work out all's well if not we do the ban thing. They appeal now everybody gets a say in the ban . And it's ussually ban stays. What it comes down to is XI members and regular players injoyment worth more then one player. The big downside is XI does look really bad to the gaming comunity.  Some things to consider . We do have rules and we are breaking them by doing this. We do not attack or harras players for player style. That's a bit two faced to be honest. Our admins are suppose to inforce that rule but because its to be inforced on XI members or they agree with the members they do not. That is what this is about. How does one fix it.

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5230
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  48729
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

15 minutes ago, Labob said:

To help ya all . We do not ban people because there to good. What happens is the regular players just get so fustrated . They start to complain and in a short time the server looks like this post. We talk with the player who is now distrupting the server every time they play. We ask them to tone it down ECT. ECT. So after all that if thing work out all's well if not we do the ban thing. They appeal now everybody gets a say in the ban . And it's ussually ban stays. What it comes down to is XI members and regular players injoyment worth more then one player. The big downside is XI does look really bad to the gaming comunity.  Some things to consider . We do have rules and we are breaking them by doing this. We do not attack or harras players for player style. That's a bit two faced to be honest. Our admins are suppose to inforce that rule but because its to be inforced on XI members or they agree with the members they do not. That is what this is about. How does one fix it.

Well, let me correct you on one point here.  The player is not disrupting the server, all the people who don't like that they are getting their asses kicked are disrupting the server by calling the player a hack, a cheater, making comments about how he doesn't exist in the server and the #2 player is actually the winner.  Then half of them decide to leave because they just can't fathom how anyone could be so much better than they are and simply must be cheating.  Then they start berating the Admin team for not doing anything about the fact that there's someone in the server that's way better than they are.

This isn't about "the player".  All they want to do is play.  No, this is about all the >XI< rule violations that members and guests commit in the presence of someone better than they are.  Good players get banned while people breaking >XI< rules have no consequence at all.  In the end, that's what this is about, as I see it.

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083

10 hours ago, Black_Cat13 said:

So I rarely post anything on the forums but this sort of thread caught my eye. 

I've played COD since United Offensive days when I was just 12 years old or so shooters aren't anything new to me.  Been in 3 clans, XI being the 3rd, and I have seen this issue within all three.  All I can say is banning good players has never turned out good for any of the servers I have played in.  One server on COD4, cMs, banned all its "good players" and within months that server tanked and is no longer around; I got caught in that ban.  I have been called a hacker so many times i've lost track; that was back in my competitive days.  I still get called a cheater here and there but now its because I knife everyone and they can't understand how I knifed them lmao.  I don't go out of my way trying to dominate every game, sure I lead a lot but I get a buttload of deaths and have a pretty dismal kdr overall on the server compared to those that bust their asses trying to get top spot.

These good players have to realize that no one cares if they are number one, its cool but like its nothing to brag about.  We are all here to have fun in the game, I bunnyhop and knife.  Its awesome seeing other players who rarely win get that number one spot in the game.  If you dominate every game, we already know you're good, or either a hacker but they rarely last that long here, so you don't have to show off to prove something to us cause its simply annoying seeing you try so hard(at least it is for me).  I don't care what my score is anymore, and with a game as old as WaW, these good players shouldn't either because the competition is LOOOOOONG gone.  Most servers in this game are just a buncha idiots wanting to have a good time with each other.  These "good players" need to just tone it down and not try to get 5.0 kdr every single map. 

Banning them for being good doesn't look good at all and is pretty unjust considering they aren't violating any rules...which in doing so will definitely cause some split within the clan because it appears that that is so just from this discussion. But they need to just tone it down some and play for fun and enjoy the idiots in here.  We already know who is "good" so there is nothing to prove

Same here my KDR is ridiculous sometimes.  Meaning I die more than I kill :)  But I like to throw grenades alot.  And it depends on whether I focus on the game at hand too.  Sometimes beer and bud may come in to play.  Dont care if someone is better or has a faster pc and connection.  I just care about "SPAWN RAPING BITCHES !!!!!   Boy Im beating that dead horse.  And  Black Cat 13,  you stick me one more time and Im gonna take a grenade and shove it up your ass !!!  Love ya !!!

Edited by MikeB

35 minutes ago, Labob said:

So after all that if thing work out all's well

I can think of several examples of this happening, and those people now being members of the clan, in fact.

21 minutes ago, djMot said:

The player is not disrupting the server, all the people who don't like that they are getting their asses kicked are disrupting the server by calling the player a hack, a cheater, making comments about how he doesn't exist in the server and the #2 player is actually the winner. 

This is a fair assessment in my eyes.

• Member ID:  24295
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Labob said:

1. We do not ban people because there to good.

2 What happens is the regular players just get so fustrated . They start to complain and in a short time the server looks like this post. We talk with the player who is now distrupting the server every time they play.

3. We ask them to tone it down ECT. ECT. So after all that if thing work out all's well if not we do the ban thing. They appeal now everybody gets a say in the ban . And it's ussually ban stays. What it comes down to is XI members and regular players injoyment worth more then one player.

4. The big downside is XI does look really bad to the gaming comunity.  Some things to consider . We do have rules and we are breaking them by doing this. We do not attack or harras players for player style. That's a bit two faced to be honest.

5. Our admins are suppose to inforce that rule but because its to be inforced on XI members or they agree with the members they do not. That is what this is about.

6. How does one fix it.

Number 1 should be, We DO ban people because they are good.

The answer to number 2 and number 3 is number 1. It is a small minority of members and non members that are complaining about highly skilled players. The worst part is reading posts in any clan forums where a person is called a cheater without proof.

Numbers 4 and 5 I have no comment.

Number 6 This is where the leaders need to step in and say this is enough. We are not banning anyone for their skill level. Having posts deleted when calling a person a cheater without proof.

Admins also need to step up. How you all act is suppose to be with a calm and non judgemental way. I am not saying any of you do not do this.

This is just my opinion as this is how I am as a clan leader. I have stripped members of their tags and have taken admin status away for shit like this.

My clan went through a rough time at one point by having our members banned in every cod 4 server for being highly skilled. They were called cheaters over and over. What they were were paid pro gamers. We played in leagues and were never called anything like that. One of my members went though all this in the XI server. He was banned. I never did anything about it because he asked me not to. He just said he is done with COD 4.

6 hours ago, Sammy said:

And once you got all the challenges, then what? Do it all again?  ?

Hell no LOL I did so much cursing trying to get them the first time why the hell would I punish myself again? LOL hahahhahaha

wow i do not know how it reposted like this

Edited by Angelz

Edited by Angelz

Edited by Angelz

So Winning is Disruptive behavior?

WTF am I missing here?

I guess it's a good thing I don't play a lot of the same games you peeps play then.

I think I might be considered "Disruptive" then...

WOW What Happened.gif

Edited by Spartacus

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9313
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960

3 hours ago, Labob said:

No be nice read slow or wevwill give you england back and you can play brexit with da anglais  

No, not dat plz! lol! :lol:

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9313
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960

15 hours ago, FUNky said:

A19A006E-7AD2-4D6D-AC55-2FA5C35FE675.png

There must be a finger mistake ☝️??

3 minutes ago, VHS2 said:

There must be a finger mistake ☝️??

Ok I will do it for you...

667.gif

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

Well that was fun reading... Lmao.. @FUNkyyou meany. ?. And yeah you still hack @Giggles... ?

Baron was right Harry.  Yes I,d say 6 to 10 players are the cause of all this. I would like to say I'm the leader of the we do not kick good players and I'm sure cod5 admins would agree with that statement . I will never let a player get kicked because he is too good. You all have to see the line that is crossed when 6 or 7 regular players people who have been around forever get a bur up there butt about another player. What's our admin team to do here kick the core players of a server for one player ?  That is just one big step to take. Thee admins try to make the server run  smoothly. They are the ones in the server daily they get to make the call. The head admins give them direction. When the server admins say a certain player is fdistrupting a server for what ever reason  we have to take there word for it and act. When those same admins come to us and say that player is too good to play on that server we do tell them that is not a reason to kick a player . From there thing always escalates to crap. Results read above thread. I did say this is not easy. Not a single person has found a solution that would work for all. Harry is going to count up the yeas and nays here and make a good point that it is ok to ban players for being to god for that server. Me i think im goingbto setup a server call it open to the public or your safe here and let the admins know this server is for all skills and let the group that likes a more calm server ? Play over there. Litle problem to hard to inforce . So lets get positive cod5 dies not have that many players to chose from . 

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

And how many of these actually play in cod5   ????

Forgot and please angelz no disrespect but where is your clan today. Chile is right were  still growing and im still trying to get it right . As much as I would like to kick 6 or 7 head strong assholes and  do the right thing . Many think that's the wrong thing to do in this case. XI is agroup and as it has been said in another pm the many out way the few and so somebody must lose. That makes me a loser too 

It's all about one server this I hope is only about cod5 too

• Member ID:  25355
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

1 minute ago, Labob said:

It's all about one server this I hope is only about cod5 too

Thats my point, if you want Harry to collect votes how many of the above actually play on your server, I can tell you now if you want

Ah I see no this is about what everybody thinks is right or wrong with this problem 

• Member ID:  3682
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1834
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  14780
  • Birthday:  01/12/1960
  • Device:  Android

NO, the people that accuse others of hacking, cheating, spawn camping, spawn killing,  whatever else they complain about are the problem.  They need to be dealt with. They are the shit bucket agitators that cant understand that maybe, just maybe someone else is better at the game than they are.  They ruin the gaming experience for everyone in the server at that time.  

• Member ID:  3036
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

You dont need to watch Star Wars every week to voice an opinion on it. ?

Edited by Sammy