Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Should we ban world-class players???

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  27184
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1048
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Labob said:

To help ya all . We do not ban people because there to good. What happens is the regular players just get so fustrated . They start to complain and in a short time the server looks like this post. We talk with the player who is now distrupting the server every time they play. We ask them to tone it down ECT. ECT. So after all that if thing work out all's well if not we do the ban thing. They appeal now everybody gets a say in the ban . And it's ussually ban stays. What it comes down to is XI members and regular players injoyment worth more then one player. The big downside is XI does look really bad to the gaming comunity.  Some things to consider . We do have rules and we are breaking them by doing this. We do not attack or harras players for player style. That's a bit two faced to be honest. Our admins are suppose to inforce that rule but because its to be inforced on XI members or they agree with the members they do not. That is what this is about. How does one fix it.

So what you are basically saying is, if someone is better than me I can report them and get them banned because I feel insecure that Im not good at a video game?

Asking someone to tone is down is literally horseshit. They are having fun and if someone cant accept they are getting their asses handed to them, then they dont need to play. I can think of over 10 people on insurgency who go 70+ kills every match they play, but people dont care. They accept it and move on. People complain and that is the way of life. 

It does make us look bad. It makes us look like a bunch of noobs that can't accept when someones better than they are. 

How do you fix it? Tell everyone to stop bitching about a player that knows how to play the game. If someone is abusing or hacking, sure. But if they are generally better the population, tell the people with complaints to fuck off and play. Its a video game, not a real life situation. 

Awards

• Member ID:  24295
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Labob said:

angelz no disrespect but where is your clan today.

We are active in other games. I was the last one to uninstall COD4 and W@W.

I am patiently waiting for Hell Let Loose to come out so I can set up a server for it.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954
  • Device:  Windows

16 minutes ago, Angelz said:

waiting for Hell Let Loose 

Is it based on you darling ???

Just now, RobMc said:

Is it based on you darling ???

UMMM Hell yeah!!!! LOL hahahhahahah

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

52 minutes ago, Pingfuzzboi said:

o what you are basically saying is, if someone is better than me I can report them and get them banned because I feel insecure that Im not good at a video game?

no it would take many players in the same server playing over many days. Or that is how it happens.

53 minutes ago, Pingfuzzboi said:

How do you fix it? Tell everyone to stop bitching about a player that knows how to play the game. If someone is abusing or hacking, sure. But if they are generally better the population, tell the people with complaints to fuck off and play. Its a video game, not a real life situation. 

does not work really you do not think we have tried that ? 

54 minutes ago, Pingfuzzboi said:

It does make us look bad. It makes us look like a bunch of noobs that can't accept when someones better than they are. 

I agree 100%

48 minutes ago, Angelz said:

We are active in other games. I was the last one to uninstall COD4 and W@W.

I am patiently waiting for Hell Let Loose to come out so I can set up a server for it.

I apologize for my indiscretion I thought your clan had passed away. My bad :(  

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50962
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

I just saw someone say they played WoW. I kinda want to play that again. ? so if anyone does let me know

16 minutes ago, Labob said:

no it would take many players in the same server playing over many days. Or that is how it happens.

does not work really you do not think we have tried that ? 

I agree 100%

Not saying you haven't tried that but continue it longer. Theres always going to be complaints. People either learn to accept it or they don't. Just because a group of unskilled thinks a player should be banned for being skilled, doesn't mean that you should give in to them. I understand its a difficult process to deal with, but itll have to be the hard way or the community will still cold shouldered from others.

Awards

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Achievement Points:  50962
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083
  • Days Won:  13

Its just your everyday noises in here !!!!

1 hour ago, Labob said:

No problem. We have been a clan for 16 years now.

If my clan had died I would of accepted the several invites I have had to join XI.

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

3 hours ago, Pingfuzzboi said:

So what you are basically saying is, if someone is better than me I can report them and get them banned because I feel insecure that Im not good at a video game?

Asking someone to tone is down is literally horseshit. They are having fun and if someone cant accept they are getting their asses handed to them, then they dont need to play. I can think of over 10 people on insurgency who go 70+ kills every match they play, but people dont care. They accept it and move on. People complain and that is the way of life. 

So one person having fun is better than 10 NOT having fun..?

Yeah...You right.. ?

50 minutes ago, Unchileno said:

So one person having fun is better than 10 NOT having fun..?

Yeah...You right.. ?

So we should ban a player because hes good? Sorry you feel insecure about losing. ?

Edit: The community will never expand further up any skill/population/fun ladder if individuals who are higher skill gap than others are voted off the island.

Edited by Pingfuzzboi

Awards

Just wondering if @J3st3r and @Unchileno are twins? LOL hahahahhahahahaha

flip bird5 large.png

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

Unless the mission of >XI< has changed, we are not a pro clan nor do we strive to be.  From our code of conduct " We play for fun, we play with honor, and we strive to treat each other with respect and consideration. "  In the early years of >XI< a group of members thought we should move to be a pro clan.  They didn't get their way and split off and started their own clan. Their clan is no loner around and we keep expanding.                                             We value our friendships with our clan brothers and sisters. We are competitive, but first and foremost we play for fun. If you are are here just to get the top score game after game, you are in the wrong place.                                                                                                                                                                     I have banned players for emptying the servers. I will never apologize for doing so. As an Admin we are entrusted with the smooth running of the server and to do what is best for our members. Letting someone on a head trip come in repeatedly and rape the players to the point that they leave is not acceptable and I won't allow it to go on...

Awards

• Member ID:  27668
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  403

Asking for a friend: 

If XI decides to vote on this issue and it doesn't pass, will previously banned players who were axed for skill be reinstated? I'd surely like to get my hands on these players for a pummelin'. Also, if it does pass, how will you deal with XI members that fall into this "too good" category? Cough Sharp/boobies/snits/hell/etc. Cough. 

• Member ID:  27668
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  403

8 minutes ago, Blackbart said:

Unless the mission of >XI< has changed, we are not a pro clan nor do we strive to be.  From our code of conduct " We play for fun, we play with honor, and we strive to treat each other with respect and consideration. "  In the early years of >XI< a group of members thought we should move to be a pro clan.  They didn't get their way and split off and started their own clan. Their clan is no loner around and we keep expanding.                                             We value our friendships with our clan brothers and sisters. We are competitive, but first and foremost we play for fun. If you are are here just to get the top score game after game, you are in the wrong place.                                                                                                                                                                     I have banned players for emptying the servers. I will never apologize for doing so. As an Admin we are entrusted with the smooth running of the server and to do what is best for our members. Letting someone on a head trip come in repeatedly and rape the players to the point that they leave is not acceptable and I won't allow it to go on...

I guess I'm lucky that I landed on a cod4 XI server jeeeeeeeeez. 

On 3/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, Spartacus said:

Spawn-Camping is troublesome because it's very hard to apply rules to it.

I'm with you MikeB those who call themselves pros by padding their numbers by spawn-raping are a joke

@Crus4de??? ?

38 minutes ago, Dewalt said:

Asking for a friend: 

If XI decides to vote on this issue and it doesn't pass, will previously banned players who were axed for skill be reinstated? I'd surely like to get my hands on these players for a pummelin'. Also, if it does pass, how will you deal with XI members that fall into this "too good" category? Cough Sharp/boobies/snits/hell/etc. Cough. 

If we vote on this issue and it passes as a no we ban skilled players, might as well ban the following from insurgency. @Daemon, @Crus4de, @Evil-Monkey , @Helio, @XYU[r0nin], [Not-live], T34MMANGER, Levanheimer, SNAK3, @Chips Ahoy, Banana, Moon is best, Choco, @unagi_pie, Hayden Vista, DOTA, Mr. Five, Rainbow, Nullspace, goliath, evil corps. 23 players rght here. Oh wait theres about 20-30 other names too

. There goes the admin team for insugency, sandstorm, and a TON of players.

45 minutes ago, Blackbart said:

Handing out bans to someone because they out-skill you is god awful. Just because we arn't a "Pro" clan doesn't mean that we should discriminate against players for being skilled at a video game. By that logic we should fire mailmen for delivering mail on time if not quicker.

Its not head-tripping if someone naturally plays at a high level in a video game. Out of the list I posted, majority of the players there almost always play consistently well. What happens when an XI member comes along with natural skill and dominates, you guys going to ban him/her off the game too or does it not count for XI members? I've been across multiple gaming communities and I have never in my life game across any type of logic as such.

I see the point of you trying to make sure players arnt leaving the server. Its a hassle keeping players on if they arn't having fun. But ultimately it comes down to the fact they either get over it or they don't. Or maybe im just going too far with it all, who knows. This is my last post on the subject.

Edited by Pingfuzzboi

Awards

• Member ID:  26869
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  215
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  1674
  • Birthday:  02/17/1998

You guys have banned people for being too good? Thats just, wow. I dont even know what to say, without trying to be disrespectful, honestly its just so...lame ?

Edited by Chips Ahoy

6 hours ago, Angelz said:

If my clan had died I would of accepted the several invites I have had to join XI.

WTF ???  it's like asking Hannibal Lecter to babysit lol

10 minutes ago, RobMc said:

WTF ???  it's like asking Hannibal Lecter to babysit lol

I know where you live hahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhah

2 minutes ago, Angelz said:

I know where you live hahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhah

How the hell did you find me in antarctica ??

14 minutes ago, RobMc said:

How the hell did you find me in antarctica ??

UMMM duh it wasn't hard. You painted the front door of your ice castle to look like a uk flag. Sticks out like a sore thumb. LOL hahahhaha

Just now, Angelz said:

UMMM duh it wasn't hard. You painted the front door of your ice castle to look like a uk flag. Sticks out like a sore thumb. LOL hahahhaha

That's not a thumb darling, it's your welcome gift

Thank you @Pingfuzzboiand @Chips Ahoy it's admins like you who make people want to buy the game Insurgency. To know that they will be welcome regardless of their skill level is  awesome. There should be more admins like you both.