Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Should we ban world-class players???

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960
  • Device:  Windows

21 hours ago, Blackbart said:

Unless the mission of >XI< has changed, we are not a pro clan nor do we strive to be.  From our code of conduct " We play for fun, we play with honor, and we strive to treat each other with respect and consideration. "  In the early years of >XI< a group of members thought we should move to be a pro clan.  They didn't get their way and split off and started their own clan. Their clan is no loner around and we keep expanding.                                             We value our friendships with our clan brothers and sisters. We are competitive, but first and foremost we play for fun. If you are are here just to get the top score game after game, you are in the wrong place.                                                                                                                                                                     I have banned players for emptying the servers. I will never apologize for doing so. As an Admin we are entrusted with the smooth running of the server and to do what is best for our members. Letting someone on a head trip come in repeatedly and rape the players to the point that they leave is not acceptable and I won't allow it to go on...

This post is 100% fact and we also have banned players/members for always bitching about hackers without proof to back up their complaints. As a COD2 Admin like the others we have spent countless hours playing good to great players but also watching the games as well. When the math is out of whack something is up/fishy. As stated earlier we admins know your ping, PC age, knowledge of config file modifications, spawn points, glitches, age of player, eyesight and reflexes, as well as other factors can give someone an advantage. I can think of at least 5 people that were banned for life because they were killing the servers which are 95% paid for and 100% run by XI members. I am not aware of a single XI server that is run by a team of non XI members and not funded by this group. We ban players for running their mouth to the point that no one wants to play when they are in game "SPIV" is just one example and we gave him many many chances. There was also a player long time ago that HXTR went to his house to film his gaming and we still agreed it was better for XI to ban that player. This is a old argument so I find it odd that it is still being discussed but in the end it has always come down to "We will do what is best for the clan". As for our social media status we have 12 plus years of doing things our way and we are still growing so even a few butt hurt non members posting on some random website won't have much affect. These games are very sophisticated and their are always people out there with the knowledge to corrupt them for their benefit and it takes many sharp eyes and minds to catch them but 95% of the time we catch them before it gets out of hand. Just like we catch people running scams against the clan with fake life issues etc. We have some pretty smart people here and if the best player on any XI server is getting his ass kicked 2 to 1 by some newbie then something is wrong plain and simple. Good luck and I hope you find the answer you are looking for but in the COD2 servers we care about XI not our image. We are fair and even handed but we will kick someone if they are ruining it for everyone else. Just the opinion of a old admin who has caught 1 aimbot and 1 wall hack in the COD2 servers in the past 2 months. Hackers still exist 

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

PS LABOB JUST PUTTING THIS POST OUT THERE BECAUSE i KNOW THAT MY OLD TYPING IN ALL CAPS BACK IN THE EARLY DAYS USED TO PISS YOU AND MANY OTHERS OFF LMAO. I MAY NOT PLAY ALL THE NEWER GAMES BUT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH 100'S OF CLAN DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THIS AND MANY OTHER TOPICS. REMEMBER THE OLD 50 PEOPLE ADMIN MEETINGS ON TEAM SPEAK THAT WOULD TAKE 2 TO 3 HOURS TO GET THRU? HARD TO KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY SO BETTER TO KEEP THE ONE'S WE KNOW AND LIKE HAPPY FIRST BUT THAT ALSO INCLUDES BEING WILLING TO BAN WHINING MEMBERS WHO CRY WOLF ALL THE TIME.

• Member ID:  24295
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

17 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

As stated earlier we admins know your ping, PC age, knowledge of config file modifications, spawn points, glitches, age of player, eyesight and reflexes, as well as other factors can give someone an advantage.

That's a lie!!

20 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

the servers which are 95% paid for by XI members.

Seriously? Prove it. You have over 700 XI members if all were to donate $1 per month you would not need guests to donate!
I have donated a few times for server costs just to be kicked out to an empty server after if I was lucky to get 20 min of play in.

24 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

There was also a player long time ago that HXTR went to his house to film his gaming and we still agreed it was better for XI to ban that player.

Wow sounds more like a bunch of peeps that are full of themselves.

27 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

few butt hurt non members posting on some random website won't have much affect.

It is not random websites. It is major players in the gaming industry!

31 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

These games are very sophisticated

How sophisticated are 10 plus year old games really? LOL

COD2 came out in 2005 = 14 years old

COD4 came out in 2007 = 12 years old

COD 5 came out in 2008 = 11 years old

37 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

We have some pretty smart people here and if the best player on any XI server is getting his ass kicked 2 to 1 by some newbie then something is wrong plain and simple

Or they could be a better player plain and simple.

39 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

Just the opinion of a old admin who has caught 1 aimbot and 1 wall hack in the COD2 servers in the past 2 months. Hackers still exist 

Well, I am happy for you. Do you want a medal for it?

Yes, cheaters still exist and always will including some of your members who have never been banned for it.

I like people like you. I'm being sarcastic coz that is just who I am.

Nothing in your post made any sense to me. All I read was jibberish. Definitely not how an admin should govern themselves. You came off to me like you think your better than anyone. You made me think that your an old dude that once you have spoken no one's opinion matters but yours. Self righteous you might say.

You need to read others opinions and respect those opinions. We (members and NON members) all have one goal in mind and that is to make XI better than ever.

If  no one responded then XI wouldn't mean much to them, right?

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Yes CoD4 came out in 2007. And your point being? A highly sophisticated game could come out in 2019 and still suck balls.

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1744
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15647
  • Days Won:  4

54 minutes ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

This post is 100% fact and we also have banned players/members for always bitching about hackers without proof to back up their complaints. As a COD2 Admin like the others we have spent countless hours playing good to great players but also watching the games as well. When the math is out of whack something is up/fishy. As stated earlier we admins know your ping, PC age, knowledge of config file modifications, spawn points, glitches, age of player, eyesight and reflexes, as well as other factors can give someone an advantage. I can think of at least 5 people that were banned for life because they were killing the servers which are 95% paid for and 100% run by XI members. I am not aware of a single XI server that is run by a team of non XI members and not funded by this group. We ban players for running their mouth to the point that no one wants to play when they are in game "SPIV" is just one example and we gave him many many chances. There was also a player long time ago that HXTR went to his house to film his gaming and we still agreed it was better for XI to ban that player. This is a old argument so I find it odd that it is still being discussed but in the end it has always come down to "We will do what is best for the clan". As for our social media status we have 12 plus years of doing things our way and we are still growing so even a few butt hurt non members posting on some random website won't have much affect. These games are very sophisticated and their are always people out there with the knowledge to corrupt them for their benefit and it takes many sharp eyes and minds to catch them but 95% of the time we catch them before it gets out of hand. Just like we catch people running scams against the clan with fake life issues etc. We have some pretty smart people here and if the best player on any XI server is getting his ass kicked 2 to 1 by some newbie then something is wrong plain and simple. Good luck and I hope you find the answer you are looking for but in the COD2 servers we care about XI not our image. We are fair and even handed but we will kick someone if they are ruining it for everyone else. Just the opinion of a old admin who has caught 1 aimbot and 1 wall hack in the COD2 servers in the past 2 months. Hackers still exist 

HXTR went to his house?  I fucking love it !! wow...maybe I have underestimated the HXTR

but seriously, I know how this clan is and I  don't have a problem on a whole and I enjoy playing here and I agree with you...I just like to keep it honest and have everybody on the level.....I HAVE  seen hackers ,knew they were but didn't say anything because of how people just say" he's just bitching because...."only to see them found out ...eventually...and kicked/banned ....on more than one occasion and guess what? there are still some among the XI ranks and non members that continue to fly just under the radar because they know how to....but I this to me has now become way too redundant for me and I have now wasted at least an hour and a half of my life typing over this .....and will not pursue a folder in the future with evidence or worry because I am not an Admin and that's your job but in my first post I explained ways to check besides just watching video and one more thing...console hacks are hacks  just the same ,some are harmless changes like fps and ping but when you start taking away trees and bushes and manipulating the map with glitch spots and spawn killing or choke point killings just off spawns ,well then it goes into that gray area no one wants to address...but as much of a pain in the ass as it is,it must be to some extent....to try and keep it on the level for every honest player out there. 

thx for your post 

:guitar:

• Member ID:  27668
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  403
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Yes CoD4 came out in 2007. And your point being? A highly sophisticated game could come out in 2019 and still suck balls.

@Sammy Hey man just want to say big fan of the cod4 freeztag mod. That being said,  I have compiled a good 30+ gigs of footage proving without a doubt that something is seriously off with the guns. I've spent a few hours going through it all. I have clips when slowed down one can literally see the bullet tracer go through the enemy player without a single hitmarker. I have recordings of both hip fire and ADS. Anyways, the evidence is extensive I just need to spend the time to make a video. All in all, dope mod and I've loved playing here ?

Edited by Dewalt

• Member ID:  3773
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

@Angelz, as a non-member, you should show the >XI< members, and especially the Administrators, a little more respect.

Just observin' and sayin'.

Ayaq

Just now, AyaqGuyaq said:

@Angelz, as a non-member, you should show the >XI< members, and especially the Administrators, a little more respect.

Just observin' and sayin'.

Ayaq

I did not show any disrespect at all. Sorry you took it that way!

29 minutes ago, Sammy said:

My point is no video game in the world is sophisticated, in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, Angelz said:

My point is no video game in the world is sophisticated, in my opinion.

I'm assuming you have never played starcraft broodwar =P?

LOL Sorry, I am only into shooter games. I hate role playing and story games.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

1 hour ago, Angelz said:

Since when did stirring shit become a shooter game lol ???

Interested in the role playing girl, french maid ??

Edited by RobMc

• Member ID:  1566
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7674
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  68081

sorry @Angelz

Well, I am happy for you. Do you want a medal for it?

Yes, cheaters still exist and always will including some of your members who have never been banned for it.

I like people like you. I'm being sarcastic coz that is just who I am.

Nothing in your post made any sense to me. All I read was jibberish. Definitely not how an admin should govern themselves. You came off to me like you think your better than anyone. You made me think that your an old dude that once you have spoken no one's opinion matters but yours. Self righteous you might say.

not really helping with this comment

• Member ID:  1729
  • Followers:  105
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7521
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Achievement Points:  49200
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/26/1969

je n es aucun risque d être interdit , non non je n es pas peur ?

• Member ID:  101
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

15 hours ago, Barron3000 said:

Go back to being miserable as usual there downvoting every comment that you dont like , actual kid you act like

Nah I'm not wasting anymore time with you , come back to me when your rig can run Insurgency and we will talk

PS I have COD 4 also but wont bow down to your low standards

I can actually imagine you raging at key board son  lmao....obviously you dont know sarcasm if it hit you in the face beeech..

You can kiss my ass , and guess what , You will get the finger from me every time I see a post from you.

Just to brew the love you have for me inside..

P.s..I played  your SHIT game and it does nothing for me.  But your rage for me its turning me on.

Let me know if you want to Skype naked..

55fa137e903c3_smileyfinger.gif.pagespeed.ce.UaGNYOAlDf.gif

Edited by Unchileno

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974

14 hours ago, Icequeen said:

Lmao like it's so hard to run insurgency. I played that game for like a minute and got bored. Don't try to make it such a treat. And Chili gets a hard on at egging people on. 

I do love , you know me. 

I will pick on you till you cry or love me off.. Right  @Barron3000 

anim_erection.gif

• Member ID:  3139
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  2052
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16789
  • Days Won:  18
  • Birthday:  04/20/1984

• Member ID:  25212
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1449
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  14728
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

2 hours ago, FRENCHI said:

je n es aucun risque d être interdit , non non je n es pas peur ?

Tu dois avoir peur Frenchi, avoir très peur

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

10 hours ago, Dewalt said:

@Labob Hey so I'm honestly curious if this issue is truly being addressed and voted on? It would be nice to get an idea of what's going on and if some of our days are numbered or not =P

well if this thread can be considered addressing the topic of is it right to ban a player who is so good he pisses everybody off to the point they want him kicked from a server. Or is that just a wrong thing to do. Voted on no this is not a vote and there is no vote going on in the back ground. Harry started this post to see what the general feeling of everybody is on this topic. My opinion is yes its wrong to kick somebody for there skill level. My opinion is its wrong to let one person mess up a server so bad that it makes people leave a server. So my job is to find some common ground in that mess and apply a fix. Right now I do not have one that would work. So in the end what usually happens is it is better to ban 1 person than a server full of people.  And yes right now as this is the only workable solution that makes it the right solution. Shitty way of handling it but it is what it is. 

• Member ID:  3773
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

The title of this thread should be changed from "Should we ban world-class players?" to "Come on in and insult the Hell out of each other!"

Ayaq

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9313
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960

19 hours ago, Dewalt said:

So is there actually a vote going over this topic?

And can the world class players vote?

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11822
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106279
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

As everyone who has read through this post has seen that it is not possible to make both sides happy in this situation. Either you're gonna piss off people for banning great players or piss off people for letting great players play on our servers. 

This is why we take each of these stations and look at them on an individual basis, there is no way to have a set rule in place for this type of situation. I've only allowed I believe 3-4 people to banned from our servers for being too good and ruining the fun for others in the 13 years I've had the honor of running this clan. So this situation doesn't come up that often and I believe we will still handle these on a case by case basis. If there is a ban placed on someone for being too good you can believe that they have truly ruined the server for most of the players that play on it. 

There will be no vote on this matter, this post was made to see the opinions of the community and you can see the opinions are all over the board. 

Thanks for letting us know your opinions, we might come to the community at a later date to ask about a certain player and see what others feel about their gameplay to help make a more informed decision. 

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083

SPIV !!!!   Have not heard that name in a while.  The first time I played on an XI server (cod2).  SPIV was on there !!!!!  Man Pman !!!   We are getting OLD !!!!!

10 hours ago, Angelz said:

Fair enough but Starcraft is neither of those. It's a real time strategy game =P

3 hours ago, Labob said:

well if this thread can be considered addressing the topic of is it right to ban a player who is so good he pisses everybody off to the point they want him kicked from a server. Or is that just a wrong thing to do. Voted on no this is not a vote and there is no vote going on in the back ground. Harry started this post to see what the general feeling of everybody is on this topic. My opinion is yes its wrong to kick somebody for there skill level. My opinion is its wrong to let one person mess up a server so bad that it makes people leave a server. So my job is to find some common ground in that mess and apply a fix. Right now I do not have one that would work. So in the end what usually happens is it is better to ban 1 person than a server full of people.  And yes right now as this is the only workable solution that makes it the right solution. Shitty way of handling it but it is what it is. 

@Labob From my understanding, albeit limited, the player you guys banned had not only been an XI member at one point but had played on your servers for years. So, were the servers he played on desolate or empty for years on end? On top of that, from what some of the cod4 fam are saying, he is still playing cod4 on XI servers. No one is calling hacker to anyone I've seen playing, with the top dog being Sharpe who has XI tags. This is interesting considering there are a good 4 or 5 players who on any given night can run house. What happens if they all decide to hop onto cod5

It's an interesting question considering I, Sharpe, and others I'm sure, have considered giving cod5 a go. It sounds like you guys could potentially have some MAJOR issues on the horizon. 

Edited by Dewalt