Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Should we ban world-class players???

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11822
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106278
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

4 minutes ago, Dewalt said:

@Labob From my understanding, albeit limited, the player you guys banned had not only been an XI member at one point but had played on your servers for years. So, were the servers he played on desolate or empty for years on end? On top of that, from what some of the cod4 fam are saying, he is still playing cod4 on XI servers. No one is calling hacker to anyone I've seen playing, with the top dog being Sharpe who has XI tags. This is interesting considering there are a good 4 or 5 players who on any given night can run house. What happens if they all decide to hop onto cod5

It's an interesting question considering I, Sharpe, and others I'm sure, have considered giving cod5 a go. It sounds like you guys could potentially have some MAJOR issues on the horizon. 

As everyone who has read through this post has seen that it is not possible to make both sides happy in this situation. Either you're gonna piss off people for banning great players or piss off people for letting great players play on our servers. 

This is why we take each of these stations and look at them on an individual basis, there is no way to have a set rule in place for this type of situation. I've only allowed I believe 3-4 people to banned from our servers for being too good and ruining the fun for others in the 13 years I've had the honor of running this clan. So this situation doesn't come up that often and I believe we will still handle these on a case by case basis. If there is a ban placed on someone for being too good you can believe that they have truly ruined the server for most of the players that play on it. 

There will be no vote on this matter, this post was made to see the opinions of the community and you can see the opinions are all over the board. 

Thanks for letting us know your opinions, we might come to the community at a later date to ask about a certain player and see what others feel about their gameplay to help make a more informed decision. 

• Member ID:  2985
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966
  • Device:  Windows

well... I just wasted 20 minutes of my life  I won't get back from looking over this joke of a thread only to find out some douchebag will claim to know peoples IQ without knowing them. And also make  judgments about some one that might support someone else over his long useless ranting... lmao..  Sounds  like the thin skin to me ... LOL  I'm glad GG and I have a life outside in the beautiful sun and away from the keyboard.. Some of you should try it, Before it's to late.. LOL < Now back to my Monday morning..?

7 minutes ago, ANGU5 said:

well... I just wasted 20 minutes of my life  I won't get back from looking over this joke of a thread only to find out some douchebag will claim to know peoples IQ without knowing them. And also make  judgments about some one that might support someone else over his long useless ranting... lmao..  Sounds  like the thin skin to me ... LOL  I'm glad GG and I have a life outside in the beautiful sun and away from the keyboard.. Some of you should try it, Before it's to late.. LOL < Now back to my Monday morning..?

Some people live in Minnesota with no warmth and no sun so !FU lol

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

potentially ? this is happening more and more lately. Yes the last one was an ex XI member . It was decided that is was better to ban the person who buy his game play ended up disrupting the server. And I agree what would a too good score be a 60/40 K/D ratio maybe consistent scores that are 50% more than the next player. Or is it all about the server spirit as in people just go there to relax and fool around not take anything to serious and a good player ruins that for them. Still leaves the question is it right to ban somebody because they are so good they piss other players off. There is no winning answer here it is purely academic . 

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50962
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

5 hours ago, Unchileno said:

I can actually imagine you raging at key board son  lmao....obviously you dont know sarcasm if it hit you in the face beeech..

You can kiss my ass , and guess what , You will get the finger from me every time I see a post from you.

Just to brew the love you have for me inside..

P.s..I played  your SHIT game and it does nothing for me.  But your rage for me its turning me on.

Let me know if you want to Skype naked..

55fa137e903c3_smileyfinger.gif.pagespeed.ce.UaGNYOAlDf.gif

I thought the skyping was just between us. You lying bastardo. ?

• Member ID:  3604
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1177
  • Days Won:  0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRn7RxU9boc

• Member ID:  87
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

harry please dont ban me i know i suck but i try not to kill you any more

finger gun.jpg

• Member ID:  3682
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1834
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  14780
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/12/1960

Naked Skyping....ewwwww   

Edited by spinpuppy

Have you ever tried it with frozen pops?

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974

Final note and I am done.

I  actually want to see a WORLD class player come here and try to play our jacked up server with speed , rabbits and tubes ..and LAG.

Takes time to adjust to it .If some one comes in and dominates with out EVER playing here ..Well..If it smells like shit..its shit.. RIGHT!!

• Member ID:  25212
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1449
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  14728
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

21 hours ago, Angelz said:

That's a lie!!

Seriously? Prove it. You have over 700 XI members if all were to donate $1 per month you would not need guests to donate!
I have donated a few times for server costs just to be kicked out to an empty server after if I was lucky to get 20 min of play in.

Wow sounds more like a bunch of peeps that are full of themselves.

It is not random websites. It is major players in the gaming industry!

How sophisticated are 10 plus year old games really? LOL

COD2 came out in 2005 = 14 years old

COD4 came out in 2007 = 12 years old

COD 5 came out in 2008 = 11 years old

Or they could be a better player plain and simple.

Well, I am happy for you. Do you want a medal for it?

Yes, cheaters still exist and always will including some of your members who have never been banned for it.

I like people like you. I'm being sarcastic coz that is just who I am.

Nothing in your post made any sense to me. All I read was jibberish. Definitely not how an admin should govern themselves. You came off to me like you think your better than anyone. You made me think that your an old dude that once you have spoken no one's opinion matters but yours. Self righteous you might say.

You need to read others opinions and respect those opinions. We (members and NON members) all have one goal in mind and that is to make XI better than ever.

If  no one responded then XI wouldn't mean much to them, right?

I will tell you that I have reached the age where other peoples/strangers opinion of me doesn't matter to me at all. I was just stating the facts as I know them and as were explained by Rugger in his later posts. I didn't say that no "Non-Members" didn't or don't support this clan but making a donation is just a very small part in what it takes to run this entire thing. I won't even waste anymore of my time trying to explain myself to you. PS I have always been a asshole and always will be just look at my fucking name. Now go back to bothering other people. 

• Member ID:  3773
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

4 hours ago, Icequeen said:

Have you ever tried it with frozen pops?

How many at a time, oh dear, Sweet Queenie?

Lol, JK, no need to answer.

That is, unless you want to . . .

Lol.  Love ya, babe.

Ayaq

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1744
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15647
  • Days Won:  4

12 hours ago, ANGU5 said:

Here comes Angus to the rescue !! yea !! So you feel the need to give your 2...er...1and half cents worth too ?...hmmm ,I don't really even know who you are,are you someone special? I bet you are and your fine eloquent response gives me a good idea on just how special...and( you) mentioned (I.Q.)? that is such an oxymoron  with an emphasis on moron.So, it took you 20 minutes to think about it or formulate it in your head...(oh wait....if the words I 'm using are too big, let me know..).and then write it down...for what? what were hoping to achieve by this?except to start more shit because you just opened your mouth and shit went everywhere !! looks to me like you are now being a hypocrite  Angus because you don't know me but just made a judgement call about me...If you did all this in 20 minutes I'm impressed but I doubt you can even read this short response I have for you in 20 minutes without consulting the dictionary at least 4 or 5...what? you ask what  a dictionary is? ....oh well...never mind...maybe you should just go back outside in the sun....and no need to waste anymore time with another response because I don't have time and you don't have time because "life is too short for BULLSHIT." This all started because Fungi couldn't just give his opinion on just the subject....but had a snide sideways comment out of the side of his mouth directed at MY opinion, which btw, was asked for by Harry.....this isn't the first time or second time he has done this towards me and this time I had it...the Admins are grown men and women and don't need someone speaking on their behalf they are more than capable and I was not Admin bashing, I was giving them an honest answer and like someone else said constructive criticism which they could reply to.So lets talk about bashing?......because right now your leading the bandwagon and maybe you should go back and read everything I wrote ....no wait that will take you too long...what a HYPOCRITE.

Edited by Streetcleaner

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1744
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15647
  • Days Won:  4

On 3/31/2019 at 11:28 PM, Streetcleaner said:

HXTR went to his house?  I fucking love it !! wow...maybe I have underestimated the HXTR

but seriously, I know how this clan is and I  don't have a problem on a whole and I enjoy playing here and I agree with you...I just like to keep it honest and have everybody on the level.....I HAVE  seen hackers ,knew they were but didn't say anything because of how people just say" he's just bitching because...."only to see them found out ...eventually...and kicked/banned ....on more than one occasion and guess what? there are still some among the XI ranks and non members that continue to fly just under the radar because they know how to....but I this to me has now become way too redundant for me and I have now wasted at least an hour and a half of my life typing over this .....and will not pursue a folder in the future with evidence or worry because I am not an Admin and that's your job but in my first post I explained ways to check besides just watching video and one more thing...console hacks are hacks  just the same ,some are harmless changes like fps and ping but when you start taking away trees and bushes and manipulating the map with glitch spots and spawn killing or choke point killings just off spawns ,well then it goes into that gray area no one wants to address...but as much of a pain in the ass as it is,it must be to some extent....to try and keep it on the level for every honest player out there. 

thx for your post 

:guitar:

how the hell was this offensive? !!  

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9313
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960

5 hours ago, AyaqGuyaq said:

How many at a time, oh dear, Sweet Queenie?

Lol, JK, no need to answer.

That is, unless you want to . . .

Lol.  Love ya, babe.

Ayaq

She prefers Dewalt :lol:

• Member ID:  25212
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1449
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  14728
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

@ANGU5 you have to admit this thread is like Christmas. Just when you think the gift giving is over, Crazy Aunt Tina shows up drunk with her Pimp and gives you a plastic truck with three wheels.

Edited by FUNky

• Member ID:  24952
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1200
  • Birthday:  06/13/1985

POP CORN GET YOUR POP CORN!!!
anyone want some popcorn for this fucking drama show?

you guys made this thread from a fucking question from harry… into a fucking bash everyone topic.

and yes streetcleaner that includes you. and no you dont have to get up with all your "big words" and yes i am fucking attacking you right now… i hate fucking people that think they are the fucking best of this world. i cant care less about you fucking playing here for 12 years… if you are still not a member here then you did something wrong and that is on YOU not on the members of this clan.

stop attacking members!

now that is said...

i think we should get back to the topic or that an admin needs to close this thread.

so… back to topic.

i dont think you need to ban certain "high skilled" players. everyone is high skilled for me. you guys know that. i suck at this game so playing with someone that kills you over and over again can be irritating. just suck it up butter cup. go ahead and try to kill them. even with a score of 6 kills and 130 deaths (yes i had those days) i will still enjoy the fucking game.

• Member ID:  27563
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Achievement Points:  552
  • Birthday:  12/04/1966

Did someone remove the filter button? I could have sworn it was next to the mute button that seems to have been misplaced as well!  Sheesh..........How is a guy to get back to subject matter:wallbash:

Edited by Zappy

Awards

• Member ID:  27668
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Achievement Points:  403

21 hours ago, Labob said:

Still leaves the question is it right to ban somebody because they are so good they piss other players off. There is no winning answer here it is purely academic . 

@Labob I entirely disagree. There is absolutely an answer that is always a win 100% of the time no questions asked. You don't ban people for playing the game. Ever. It's an absurd concept. Could you imagine if the mid and bottom tier players that make up THE MAJORITY of any game server in ANY game who have never won a match in their lives demanded that the top players be removed? Do they? Seems to me you have an issue of some ego drunk cry babies who enjoyed being the big fish in a little pond until their self-images shattered. Sounds like they are the type that can enthusiastically dish it out but can't even begin to stand having to endure losing themselves. 

If I'm not mistaken this player you banned had been frequenting your servers for years. Did the servers die? Did they cease to exist like some of these whiners would have you believe if you didn't bow to their screaming pussy rage fests?  The final nail in the coffin is simple, it has been confirmed that this guy is still playing on XI servers under different names; servers seem fine to me? Am I missing something? 

Essentially you guys are destroying your clan name over something that isn't even effective, nor needed apparently... How you guys don't consider this is a massive loss is astonishing. 

I'd also argue that the framing of the question shouldn't be "is one player more important than 10 whiners" so much as "are 10 cry babies more important than the integrity of a clan with 600+ members?". I'd imagine you would be hard pressed to conjure a "yes" from the majority of any gaming clan. 

Edited by Dewalt

8 minutes ago, Dewalt said:

@Labob I entirely disagree. There is absolutely an answer that is always a win 100% of the time no questions asked. You don't ban people for playing the game. Ever. It's an absurd concept. Could you imagine if the mid and bottom tier players that make up THE MAJORITY of any game server in ANY game who have never won a match in their lives demanded that the top players be removed? Do they? Seems to me you have an issue of some ego drunk cry babies who enjoyed being the big fish in a little pond until their self-images shattered. Sounds like they are the type that can enthusiastically dish it out but can't even begin to stand having to endure losing themselves. 

If I'm not mistaken this player you banned had been frequenting your servers for years. Did the servers die? Did they cease to exist like some of these whiners would have you believe if you didn't bow to their screaming pussy rage fests?  The final nail in the coffin is simple, it has been confirmed that this guy is still playing on XI servers under different names; servers seem fine to me? Am I missing something? 

Essentially you guys are destroying your clan name over something that isn't even effective, nor needed apparently... How you guys don't consider this is a massive loss is astonishing. 

You do understand that we have banned 3 or 4 maybe 5 people in the 13 years of running this clan for being too good, I'm guessing we have run over a 100 servers and I have no clue on how many players have come through here but I'm gonna say at least 100,000 players in our 13 years of gaming. We banned at the most 5 people for being too good. This is .005% if we had only 100,000 people come through which I know is low but you get the idea. We banned some of the these people 10 years ago, and 5 years ago, and we are still here, still one of the top clans in the PC world. 

I think the reason other clans have fallen and we have thrived over the past 13 years is exactly because of situations like this, we examine each case and make the best decision based on what our clan and community need, we don't have admins that just jump the gun and start banning everyone just because they have power to do so, they care about the members and the servers and that is what keep players coming back day after day, year after year. This is also why you get such emotional heated posts because people really do care and don't like it when people talk shit about their clan and community. 

This will continue to be the way I run this clan, if you don't like it then please move on and let us continue to thrive as a clan as we have been for the past 13 years. 

• Member ID:  27668
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Achievement Points:  403

10 minutes ago, Ruggerxi said:

You do understand that we have banned 3 or 4 maybe 5 people in the 13 years of running this clan for being too good, I'm guessing we have run over a 100 servers and I have no clue on how many players have come through here but I'm gonna say at least 100,000 players in our 13 years of gaming. We banned at the most 5 people for being too good. This is .005% if we had only 100,000 people come through which I know is low but you get the idea. We banned some of the these people 10 years ago, and 5 years ago, and we are still here, still one of the top clans in the PC world. 

I think the reason other clans have fallen and we have thrived over the past 13 years is exactly because of situations like this, we examine each case and make the best decision based on what our clan and community need, we don't have admins that just jump the gun and start banning everyone just because they have power to do so, they care about the members and the servers and that is what keep players coming back day after day, year after year. This is also why you get such emotional heated posts because people really do care and don't like it when people talk shit about their clan and community. 

This will continue to be the way I run this clan, if you don't like it then please move on and let us continue to thrive as a clan as we have been for the past 13 years. 

So what you are suggesting is that your clan would have "fallen" because of a fraction of the .05% of players you ended up banning? 

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

Ruggers right on that and I can promise I will always fight against that rule. And I'm still here. And I fight hard. And I'm allowed to fight against that rule and I dop and I'm still here :) Anyway its time to put this one to bed its crazy