Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Should we ban world-class players???

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954
  • Device:  Windows

42 minutes ago, Dewalt said:

Am I missing something

Wish we were missing you lol

Luv Rob

• Member ID:  27668
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  403
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Labob said:

Ruggers right on that and I can promise I will always fight against that rule. And I'm still here. And I fight hard. And I'm allowed to fight against that rule and I dop and I'm still here :) Anyway its time to put this one to bed its crazy 

I don't blame you, it's worth fighting against. 

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11822
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106278
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

4 minutes ago, Dewalt said:

So what you are suggesting is that your clan would have "fallen" because of a fraction of the .05% of players you ended up banning? 

Are we gonna go around in circles about this? You're saying that if we ban people for being good are clan will fail or somehow be downgraded in the PC gaming world. I've just given you a history of the clan on how we have banned people for this and we have continued to thrive while others have fallen. 

2 minutes ago, Ruggerxi said:

Are we gonna go around in circles about this? You're saying that if we ban people for being good are clan will fail or somehow be downgraded in the PC gaming world. I've just given you a history of the clan on how we have banned people for this and we have continued to thrive while others have fallen. 

I'm not sure about circles. You're using anecdotes as a defense. I'm also asking  if you truly believe that your clan would have died off if you had never banned somebody for playing a game well. Their are clans older than yours that have never banned somebody for skill. I know PDE has the most populated servers in a few different games and they will ban anyone who excessively accuses people of hacking without proof. 

14 minutes ago, Ruggerxi said:

You're saying that if we ban people for being good are clan will somehow be downgraded in the PC gaming world.

Yes I am absolutely saying this. Do you actually think the majority of gamers look at a gaming clan and are like "hey a gaming clan that bans gamers for being good, sounds legit/great/cool/respectable"? 

Don't get me wrong, your cod4 freeztag server is awesome, and I enjoy the majority of the players, but gaming is evolving rapidly and we have no idea what the future holds. In my eyes a clan that maintains a moral high ground of not banning people for being skilled is always going to be the better option for future proofing so to speak.

Edited by Dewalt

I'm telling you the history of our clan, and how I have handled things in the past and how I will continue to handle things as we go forward. 

Here are quotes from you on this post that you are saying we are in big trouble if we ban players for being too good. This is what I'm responding too. 

"It's an interesting question considering I, Sharpe, and others I'm sure, have considered giving cod5 a go. It sounds like you guys could potentially have some MAJOR issues on the horizon. "

"Essentially you guys are destroying your clan name over something that isn't even effective, nor needed apparently... How you guys don't consider this is a massive loss is astonishing. "

10 minutes ago, Dewalt said:

Yes I am absolutely saying this. Do you actually think the majority of gamers look at a gaming clan and are like "hey a gaming clan that bans gamers for being good, sounds legit/great/cool/respectable"? 

Don't get me wrong, your cod4 freeztag server is awesome, and I enjoy the majority of the players, but gaming is evolving rapidly and we have no idea what the future holds. In my eyes a clan that maintains a moral high ground of not banning people for being skilled is always going to be the better option for future proofing so to speak.

OK we all know your feelings on this. Banning players for being too good is bad in your eyes OK got it! Thank you for your opinion. Lets move on, since I've said how we have handled these situations and will continue to do so. 

4 minutes ago, Ruggerxi said:

I'm telling you the history of our clan, and how I have handled things in the past and how I will continue to handle things as we go forward. 

Here are quotes from you on this post that you are saying we are in big trouble if we ban players for being too good. This is what I'm responding too. 

"It's an interesting question considering I, Sharpe, and others I'm sure, have considered giving cod5 a go. It sounds like you guys could potentially have some MAJOR issues on the horizon. "

"Essentially you guys are destroying your clan name over something that isn't even effective, nor needed apparently... How you guys don't consider this is a massive loss is astonishing. "

Bans a total of 5 players over the course of 13 years, with the most recent ban churning the pot enough to spawn 10 page posts where XI members literally stated ditching their tags seemingly unaware of previous bans. Suggests that banning another 3-5 players (most in XI currently) if moved to cod5 would be fine. 

I dunno seems a bit extreme to me. I guarantee that if Sharpe/me/snits/boobies went to cod5 the cry babies who got the last player banned would be raging with equal severity. 

This is all excluding the fact that this will only get worse with time. We all degrade in skill as we age, if you don't think better players than the ones you have banned will show up and with more frequency, I'd be astonished. 

1 minute ago, Dewalt said:

Bans a total of 5 players over the course of 13 years, with the most recent ban churning the pot enough to spawn 10 page posts where XI members literally stated ditching their tags seemingly unaware of previous bans. Suggests that banning another 3-5 players (most in XI currently) if moved to cod5 would be fine. 

I dunno seems a bit extreme to me. I guarantee that if Sharpe/me/snits/boobies went to cod5 the cry babies who got the last player banned would be raging with equal severity. 

This is all excluding the fact that this will only get worse with time. We all degrade in skill as we age, if you don't think better players than the ones you have banned will show up and with more frequency, I'd be astonished. 

Thank you again for your opinion, I will continue to handle things like always, case by case.

Thank you and enjoy your day here at >XI<

• Member ID:  22378
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1323
  • Birthday:  07/14/1995

4 minutes ago, Dewalt said:

Rugger is right, there is no point in arguing with him over there being other better players out there.  Said banned players disrupted the community and servers they played in.  If you have one player able to empty an entire server in one map constantly, then is that really helpful to the clan?  Even if the player is not a hacker, it isn't good for the clan.  Who cares if it is just .005% of the entire clan population, having that kind of impact on a game is toxic in the long run.  That is why they take it on a case to case basis.  I used to play COD4 competitively, with a 4.0 kdr with over 160k kills and 19 days of playtime, but I don't come to clan this bringing that same mentality of; oh i got to get number 1 so let me just dominate every game.  I don't think that most of the members over 40s here are blinded by the fact that they are aging, I'm pretty darn sure they realize they aren't the same as when they were in their 20s and 30s.  

This clan doesn't ban players for being "world class" on a whim.  I stand by whatever decisions they make because they know more about those situations and discussed them endlessly before making a final decision.   

1 minute ago, Black_Cat13 said:

Rugger is right, there is no point in arguing with him over there being other better players out there.  Said banned players disrupted the community and servers they played in.  If you have one player able to empty an entire server in one map constantly, then is that really helpful to the clan?  Even if the player is not a hacker, it isn't good for the clan.  Who cares if it is just .005% of the entire clan population, having that kind of impact on a game is toxic in the long run.  That is why they take it on a case to case basis.  I used to play COD4 competitively, with a 4.0 kdr with over 160k kills and 19 days of playtime, but I don't come to clan this bringing that same mentality of; oh i got to get number 1 so let me just dominate every game.  I don't think that most of the members over 40s here are blinded by the fact that they are aging, I'm pretty darn sure they realize they aren't the same as when they were in their 20s and 30s.  

This clan doesn't ban players for being "world class" on a whim.  I stand by whatever decisions they make because they know more about those situations and discussed them endlessly before making a final decision.   

So you are saying that this one player emptied xi servers for years? Did he empty the servers when he was in XI? I guess that is a slightly different story. 

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50962
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

34 minutes ago, Dewalt said:

Weren't you already banned from cod here? ?Oops

43 minutes ago, Icequeen said:

Weren't you already banned from cod here? ?Oops

I suck at cod what you talkin bout!? ?

• Member ID:  1952
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  124
  • Achievement Points:  971
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

I agree with rob mc for the most part. 

I get get sick of getting my ass handed to me when I just come in to enjoy a beer and hang with friends. To all out there the like to put down people with “wipe your tears” and other high school insults, this is a social clan. I didn’t read anywhere that we are a professional gaming clan. If you are a “professional” why are you playing on here? What purpose does it serve? I have had a paid professional team myself and run my own clan servers. The one thing I learned very quickly Usb if you don’t look after the little people you will not survive. Instead of lose The average joe why don’t you set up a server where the “professionals” can play and let us enjoy our beer and chit chat. That’s what I did and it turned out great. 

The only reason “great players” wouldn’t want to play on there is they enjoy beating up on average people. You’ll figure it out quIck. It also gives those that want to test themselves against the best a place to do it. 

When average joes get sick of it they quit or go to another clan or sever. When enough follow you have a major problem

just my thoughts  

• Member ID:  27642
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  92
  • Birthday:  07/07/2000

49 minutes ago, kiwi said:

I get sick of getting my ass handed to me when I just come in to enjoy a beer and hang with friends. To all out there the like to put down people with “wipe your tears” and other high school insults, this is a social clan. I didn’t read anywhere that we are a professional gaming clan. If you are a “professional” why are you playing on here? What purpose does it serve? I have had a paid professional team myself and run my own clan servers. The one thing I learned very quickly Usb if you don’t look after the little people you will not survive. Instead of lose The average joe why don’t you set up a server where the “professionals” can play and let us enjoy our beer and chit chat. That’s what I did and it turned out great. 

The only reason “great players” wouldn’t want to play on there is they enjoy beating up on average people. You’ll figure it out quick. 

If they created a server for more competitive players it would struggle with population. The players made/told to play there would get bored of playing against 1 or 2 other players and would go back on the original server this would annoy a minority of the players on there then it would be back to this.

Edited by JFF echo

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

So if we ban dewalt were going to fail......... ? Ill take that bet.. Lets  try it... :) ? ?‍♂️

• Member ID:  155
  • Followers:  211
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6973
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/29/1967
  • Device:  Android

How come dewalt put himself in the same league as Sharpe.  You are not that good...what an ego. Seriously folks sometimes it's a decision  that has to be done for the greater good of the clan. It's not an easy but this clan has not declined because of what has been decided in the past. And for world class players, I consider myself one of the classiest.

Thank you for your patience and Rugger you rock. 

• Member ID:  25212
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1449
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  14728
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

• Member ID:  1450
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  1210
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7995
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/02/1997
  • Device:  Linux

19 minutes ago, pitbullpete said:

How come dewalt put himself in the same league as Sharpe.  You are not that good...what an ego. Seriously folks sometimes it's a decision  that has to be done for the greater good of the clan. It's not an easy but this clan has not declined because of what has been decided in the past. And for world class players, I consider myself one of the classiest.

Thank you for your patience and Rugger you rock. 

Glad someone said what I was thinking. xD 

The bottom line, it should be what is best for the clan and the majority of the clan members. If one person ruins the fun for themany, then I don't see anything wrong with fixing that. There are a number of people I don't enjoy playing the server with because it just isn't any fun. I don't need to win every match or have the most kills, but dying over and over isn't exactly what I want to do either. 

This post has brought out some arrogance in some people that really shows their true colors. 

Rugger, you rock and this clan rocks. And it will continue to be that. 

Stay classy Pete. 

29 minutes ago, pitbullpete said:

How come dewalt put himself in the same league as Sharpe.  You are not that good...what an ego.

2 hours ago, Dewalt said:

I suck at cod what you talkin bout!? ?

3 hours ago, Dewalt said:

I guarantee that if Sharpe/me/snits/boobies went to cod5 the cry babies who got the last player banned would be raging with equal severity. 

On 4/1/2019 at 8:21 AM, Dewalt said:

the top dog being Sharpe who has XI tags. 

I could see why you would ask that question because I've said many times that I'm as good as Sharpe @ cod4 freeztag ?. The real interesting part is knowing that Sharpe literally can't move to cod5 without eventually being banned. I'll let you figure out how I came to that conclusion. 

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

The difference is we like sharpe and snitz and boobies.........Most of the time.? I can say this , I have some of the strongest feelings about Sharpe and his game. Him and I have talked and yes butted heads many times... But I do believe for the most part he wants the better for the clan.. I will say if you need help he will give it.. DO i fell like he can totally fuck up a game or round or match.. Yes!!! I guess i just wish we were able to have places for him to use his talents and settings where it didn't affect the majority of the other players or the certain servers... Just being honest and he will appreciate that.... 

6 minutes ago, ANGU5 said:

The difference is we like sharpe and snitz and boobies.........Most of the time.? I can say this , I have some of the strongest feelings about Sharpe and his game. Him and I have talked and yes butted heads many times... But I do believe for the most part he wants the better for the clan.. I will say if you need help he will give it.. DO i fell like he can totally fuck up a game or round or match.. Yes!!! I guess i just wish we were able to have places for him to use his talents and settings where it didn't affect the majority of the other players or the certain servers... Just being honest and he will appreciate that.... 

Yeah I've had conversations with @Sharpe too. I won't go divulge what was discussed. The difference is I don't butt heads with him because of his skill. And you'd have a difficult time proving that he somehow wants or believes differently than I  or any of the other players up in arms over this post do. I will point out that he was interested in cod5 at one point and if you think for a second he wouldn't be dealing with the same issues as the player who was previously banned did, I want what you are on. 

• Member ID:  27358
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  73

Everyone here so salty.

2 minutes ago, Everette said:

Everyone here so salty.

@EveretteI've heard about you, were you banned or just shammed into not playing anymore? 

Edited by Dewalt

• Member ID:  24295
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, Dewalt said:

I want what you are on. 

Well, Ummm, I'm kinda eating some cookies made with purple kush and sour diesel. Want some? LOL