Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Should we ban world-class players???

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  24364
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  609
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I myself at times have played against better skilled players, and at times I got very competitive but if they have a bigger advantage such as ping, or better computer than I really can't complain. They have the right to be here just as much as the next guy, and if the admins catch them cheating then they know what to do. I love playing against great players. 

• Member ID:  25026
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  7059
  • Days Won:  9
  • Device:  Windows

My two cents, for what it's worth ...

I discovered XI almost three years ago. I LOVE the servers and have even donated. I've even complained on here about suspected hackers.

The bottom line is this:

There is no such thing as a "world class player". This is the Internet and games. It's entertainment ... nothing more. I don't watch professional sports (and Internet gaming is NOT a professional sport, regardless of personal opinion). There are no "professional" online gamers as far as I'm concerned. There are good players and bad players. Period. You can only do so much with -- and on -- a software platform. In the REAL world, humans determine who is strongest and best ... NOT on the Internet. Think REAL combat ... real life and death situations where you can't re-spawn. A lot of so-called "professional gamers" online have NO clue what that even means. 

If you think you're a "professional gamer" and believe this is reality, I'm sad for you. You're a failure in life. You have no concept of reality.

As for hackers and cheats ...? Fuck them. They're nobody both in real life and online. Or else they wouldn't work so hard to figure out a way to cheat. Right?

For those that come one here to have fun and kill time, good for you. That's what I do.    

I look forward to XI continuing forward ... 

• Member ID:  22378
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1323
  • Birthday:  07/14/1995

If youre a great player and liked by the community here thats wonderful, but if youre a great player who is douchebaggy towards others thats another thing.  

I think whether that player acts in a manner accordingly should decide if they stay or not. This label of "world class" isnt right because its suggesting that XI doesnt have great players which it of course does.  The other non members dont complain about getting whooped by them because they arent douches to others.  Those that have been banned for apparently being too good is only half of the story as we only hear of fraction of what the admins discuss.  

Obviously banning great players isnt what you should do, Screaming he or she hacks over and over again because you cant accept the fact a great player can be great without cheats is annoying to see, which causes problems in and of itself.  those who may think the admin teams dont do their job should be ashamed cause they do one hell of job looking out for the clan!!!

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

old argument.answer is we are here to have fun .if someone is disrupting that ,by breaking rules ,being a dick or just pissing off too many people because yes they destroy everyone on the map  then yes we ask then to move on .

now close this thread that is turning ugly

• Member ID:  2048
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

old argument.answer is we are here to have fun .if someone is disrupting that ,by breaking rules ,being a dick or just pissing off too many people because yes they destroy everyone on the map  then yes we ask then to move on .

• Member ID:  3773
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

Sweet @Icequeen, where's your video clip of Michael Jackson scarfing down popcorn?!  It's priceless, and appropriate for this thread.

I'm gonna pop some now, lol.

Thanks in advance . . .

Ayaq

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

• Member ID:  24418
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2240
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Damage_inc- said:

SO what your saying is if someone is kicking all your ass in game Ban them or tell them to move on? We are better then that, learn to play better an have fun doing it. I bitch a lot in game but I know its just me. I was good at one time but now if I bitch its because my eye sight suck along with my reaction. So i will call you a hacker but take as a compliment not a bitch. Sharpe knows I call him a hacker all the time but I know he is better. So learn to play better or retire you computer to someone who can play better. 

Just my 2 cents

Edited by HotRod55

• Member ID:  3773
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

2 hours ago, HotRod55 said:

SO what your saying is if someone is kicking all your ass in game Ban them or tell them to move on? We are better then that, learn to play better an have fun doing it. I bitch a lot in game but I know its just me. I was good at one time but now if I bitch its because my eye sight suck along with my reaction. So i will call you a hacker but take as a compliment not a bitch. Sharpe knows I call him a hacker all the time but I know he is better. So learn to play better or retire you computer to someone who can play better. 

Just my 2 cents

Hi, Hotrod.

You can't truly be an American (don't worry, I am one) unless you can blame someone else.

Tongue-in-cheek "Lol."

I was wondering, though:  shouldn't you be bitching out your "sucky" eye-sight and slow reaction speed, and not the poor hapless gamers that have the better of both?

Just wonderin'.

Ayaq

• Member ID:  27682
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  199

On 3/29/2019 at 5:32 AM, HarryWeezer said:

A player comes into a server who is not cheating, but is very highly skilled. He easily leads every map, sometimes with a score twice that of the second-place player.

Some want to ban such a player because, they say, he's too good for us and is taking the fun out of the game. Others say we sholdn't discriminate against a high-skilled player and that no player should be banned only because he's a lot better than everyone else.

What do you think? And why?

git gud scrub

Awards

• Member ID:  24025
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  779
  • Birthday:  10/01/1972

If they are truly not cheating then no, they should not be banned. The issue is we run no anti cheats for COD4 so very easy to cheat and not get detected. Also the definition of "Cheater" is not clear. Example for COD4:

• Turning off foliage
  • Using wheel bind for shooting 
  • Any config tweats that would give you any kind of advantage 

In my option all of these should be consider cheats. Others have different options.  I know I just open the door for a bunch of ball breaking, but I do understand that depending on ping, latency, and network jitters sometimes aiming at someone and not hitting them happens. I am talking about more of them know where everyone is at all times. 

It my last clan I played with a pro gammer who got paid to test new games and he was really good but if you spec'd him you could tell he was not cheating. 

If it walks like a duck and smells like a duck -- its just a fucking duck!  -

how many world class players do you know? 

Like Always FU Chillie 

Hammer will rage quit 

and Kill will always bring love and a warm poke!  ( Knife you prevs) 

KILL

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  27739
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  5

This thread might be a bit late, but I personally don't think you should ban world-class players. If you want an example, use me. I'm ironmantey, and I always play the custom servers that are provided for me to play. I can understand anger upon other players. I can understand if one is too good. I also understand that it can make people think they're ruining the game by being too good, but that's not it. It's that they might be playing a game they enjoy playing such as myself. I always get called out for cheating by using aimbot, teleporting, and other things. I'm honestly just a good player. I always see others better than me, but I wouldn't just call them out for cheating when they're not. I don't consider myself good, though, as I can still be bad sometimes. It's just about luck, honestly. If anyone has any problem with one being too good, I don't think that's really a reason to ban. I just think it's bad when someone calls you out for cheating, like me. I don't think it feels right to be called out on that. I hope that you guys agree on what I personally think about this threat.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.18
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

ffs this thread still going ??? caused loads of trouble and ruined one game for me, ditch it please.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008