Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

1.46 info

Sammy

• Member ID:  27668
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  403
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, Tron said:

Feel free to play on a different server if you don't like the way we have this one set up.

Bad spawn protection > not being able to kill you all the time. 

But thank you for your constructive addition to the conversation. 

1 hour ago, Bogleg said:

Spawn protection is an integral part of the freezetag game, and should only be changed with very careful and extensive deliberation, IMHO.  

Of course I am biased because I am a person who uses as much spawn pro as possible - combat medic and kill streaks picked specifically so I can get more spawn pro. :D

I don't see any problem with the spawn pro length on short maps.  It just means your team needs a different tactic.  Everyone has the same 6 or 12 seconds to get somewhere and get to work.  Your defense against spawn protection and being shot by someone coming out of it is to properly use cover and your teammates to control/monitor your flanks.  

Fair point, it would be interesting to see how drastic the change would be via reducing SP to 3-4 seconds in terms of statistics. 

• Member ID:  907
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26176
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969
  • Device:  Windows

I think it would be huge, and make the server more akin to Ftag1 or slower versions of the MOD.  It would encourage more camping (almost make it required), with the exception of the Super Hoppers.  Which is all fine and dandy - the same cover (I would say "concealment" too, but in COD4 with current video cards and tweaking, "concealment" hardly seems to exist in COD4) that people should be using to protect their flanks and rear can be used by run-and-gun players to advance from their spawn point.  

It would change the game play for a large chunk of the players on the mw2 ftag server, IMHO.  

• Member ID:  4147
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  747
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6243
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

27 minutes ago, Dewalt said:

Bad spawn protection > not being able to kill you all the time. 

But thank you for your constructive addition to the conversation. 

My pleasure.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Combat Medic extra spawn protection was added with an eye towards a team that is spawn trapped to help them break out, if they want to choose that perk over something else. Many dont anyways. Pick something in the game. Anything. You will find people that figure out a different way to use it. Like the aforementioned stun grenades.

The idea of people using spawn protection offensively has been around for a long time and not just here. Before any kind of alteration were to be considered the basic question would have to be answered. Should a player be able to use it in that fashion. If yes, then nothing needs to be done. If no, then whatever you do change cannot in any way lessen the normal protection the player gets.

One old spawn protection feature, long since removed, was that if you did shoot a spawn protected player... however you knew one was there... there would be no damage but you would see a 'spawn protection' hit marker. Courteous players would move on. However too many players simply spammed them anyways.

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

On 4/10/2019 at 9:17 PM, Tron said:

Feel free to play on a different server if you don't like the way we have this one set up.

good point tron +1

• Member ID:  26764
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  8104
  • Days Won:  17

These changes suck!!!! People have been complaining all day. And leaving the server. Could fix things that needed to be fixed. Can we please change it back

Edited by Sixgun

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

37 minutes ago, Sixgun said:

These changes suck!!!! People have been complaining all day. And leaving the server. Could fix things that needed to be fixed. Can we please change it back

i have no words

Server looks full to me. What issues are you seeing and when do they start to happen?

• Member ID:  26764
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  8104
  • Days Won:  17

through out the day it just feels like you are running in mud. It is not smooth like it use to be. Had many people telling me so. Its seems glitchy 

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Sixgun said:

through out the day it just feels like you are running in mud. It is not smooth like it use to be. Had many people telling me so. Its seems glitchy 

Have you checked your frame rate recently?

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

My frame rate is all over the place lately, never been like this. Ping is fine but frames all janky and a pain in the ass

• Member ID:  79
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3395
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Achievement Points:  29761
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977
  • Device:  iPhone

On 4/9/2019 at 10:11 PM, Sammy said:

Ok I must post about a change coming to the server tonight or tomorrow regarding the Duke streak. Because of the sprint-jump-sprint exploit it is being used for unlimited sprint around the whole map mowing everybody down. Its a high value streak to be sure but that is something that must be considered. So to compensate for that I am including a couple of the script changes also put into 1.47 that includes no jump. In essence closer to a tank. The reason for doing this in 1.47 is also as a counter balance to an added streak that is the opposite of Duke. Fast, lower gravity (for you bunnies), and with a rebalanced P90 for close range 'aim down sights' combat (no sniping and poor hip fire). No armor and only 100 health, standard SC, but it will regenerate very fast.

Just to note for anyone that asks, gameplay changes like this to the main server are not done without consideration on what to do and also done with consultations.

Oh, and it seems I didnt upload the fix for the semtex trick. I thought I did. I cant stop players from attempting it, game limitation, but I can do something if they try. So, for certain unnamed players (and there are several), enjoy it while you can.  ?

Fair enough @Sammy but since this is a killstreak, you can actually make it as one. Meaning that when you become an airstrike,helicopter or even an RC XD, and you are shot down you automatically spawn back into yourself (soldier) as where this Duke, is yourself and you die.... that to me is not really fair since it suppose to be an killstreak you should be able to spawn into yourself without being dead. If the car dies, your soldier does not die. Please think about it...... It is only the duke in that disadvantage.

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Achievement Points:  26176
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

41 minutes ago, P!nk said:

If the car dies, your soldier does not die. Please think about it...... It is only the duke in that disadvantage.

Interesting.  The ramifications of that are huge in terms of overall game play.  

I would only like to see one change - that there are two cars.  One for people who want to thaw, that is "armored up" a little bit and is slightly harder to shoot, and one that is specifically for blowing people up, and if the little block of C4 gets shot, it blows up immediately.

Edited by Bogleg

That is an interesting point. Making Duke some kind of remote 'robot' seems a little off. But maybe a 'transformation' kind of thing.  Juggernaut is the closest stock game streak and am pretty sure when you're dead, you're dead. One of the unique things about it.

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50963
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

Also, can we please take away Bog's blinding nade. That's all I'm asking. Thanks in advance. ?

Edited by Icequeen

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

On 4/10/2019 at 11:50 PM, Sammy said:

Combat Medic extra spawn protection was added with an eye towards a team that is spawn trapped to help them break out, if they want to choose that perk over something else. Many dont anyways. Pick something in the game. Anything. You will find people that figure out a different way to use it. Like the aforementioned stun grenades.

The idea of people using spawn protection offensively has been around for a long time and not just here. Before any kind of alteration were to be considered the basic question would have to be answered. Should a player be able to use it in that fashion. If yes, then nothing needs to be done. If no, then whatever you do change cannot in any way lessen the normal protection the player gets.

One old spawn protection feature, long since removed, was that if you did shoot a spawn protected player... however you knew one was there... there would be no damage but you would see a 'spawn protection' hit marker. Courteous players would move on. However too many players simply spammed them anyways.

Leave the initial spawn protection and Combat Medic perk alone. It's fine the way it is.   Completely remove the Kill streak Spawn Protection.  Magically turning invisible rite in the middle of a fire fight to pilot an RC car or a rocket or some other kill streak and magically respawn behind people and mow them down is the most retarded shit ever. 

When you Pilot an RC car or use any other kill streak in ESCs Freezetag server you can be killed if you do not find a safe place to deploy your kill streak. Because when you use an RC Car your body stays where you deployed the kill streak and you kneel down and it accesses the Laptop or Tablet computer or whatever it is. Yes you can be shot and killed rite in the middle of you driving around in your RC car.  If you do die you "respawn" at the same place Frozen.  It works very very well and it completely eliminates the bullshit related to abusing spawn protection. And it cuts down on the amount of RC car spamming which is a HUGE bonus.

I constantly have 2 to 3 RC cars. And I have used 1 after the other, after another and thaw almost the entire team and respawn way back behind the enemy and shoot them as they spawn and get more RC cars and the cycle starts over. Did this exact thing this morning. Annoyed the shit out of the other team because I was the last one alive TWICE in 1 round and we came back to win.         

Edited by J3st3r

Yea the part where you stand there and can be shot is the mod default setting. Turned off here.

That in itself would likely have major ramifications because there would be no streak invisibility or protection at all. Not during nor after. So careful consideration would have to be done by everybody. For example you cant stand in the middle of the map, invisible, and use your car. If you cant do that it would likely cut down on its use if you cant expect protection.

Edited by Sammy

Sounds FRIGGIN AWESOME to me.  You just have to be a bit Tactical when deploying a kill streak. It will definitely piss the people off that are for lack of better words (abusing the spawn protection) but overall it could be better for the community.  Sounds like it would be a bit challenging and fun to find "the perfect spots" to deploy a kill streak.   

Since this is a server option its up to the clan, admins, and Rugger to decide to leave it as is, or try the default method for a time. It would have a big impact on how you play the game. Just to clarify, you arent always required to stand. You just have to be able to. So if you are in a road you can go prone and use it. But if you are under a car or crawling in a tunnel, where you cant stand up, then you cant use it. This is a workaround so you dont get stuck in a wall etc when the streak is over.

Shouldn't get stuck if your body doesn't move from the spot that you deployed. Or am I missing something?

Yes your body does move. Only way things like the RC and Reaper will work since cod4 was never meant to do those kind of things. If all of a sudden you are teleported back to an origin that has an obstruction above it, you get stuck. A long time ago in a mod far far away this sometimes happened.

• 1 month later...

On 4/23/2019 at 6:07 AM, Sammy said:

Yea the part where you stand there and can be shot is the mod default setting. Turned off here.

That in itself would likely have major ramifications because there would be no streak invisibility or protection at all. Not during nor after. So careful consideration would have to be done by everybody. For example you cant stand in the middle of the map, invisible, and use your car. If you cant do that it would likely cut down on its use if you cant expect protection.

A step in the right direction given the already very long spawn protection potential in my opinion.

I guess it would be like you are single, but could no longer use condoms, and it would likely put a crimp on your lifestyle. ?