Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

astro a40 TR's mic internals dead?

Helio

• Member ID:  27349
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  1257
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2

I have had my astro a40 TR's for over 3 years now and randomly the mic is not picking up any sound now. I've tried everything with the hardware and software, including messing with the command center firmware. I ordered a new mic attachment and that hasnt fixed anything. There is talk about people's headsets acting up on them because the version 2 of them has just came out and they need to release an updated version of the firmware to have everything working right for all the headsets. The new version should be coming out in a few days but part of me thinks it wont have anything to do with my mic and my headset has just gone through a lot of abuse and is finally showing ware. The new headset does have completely new internals and a new mixamp. 

Does anyone know anything about this or have anything else i can try that I may have overlooked? Should I just say forget it, use this headset as headphones when I listen to music and wait for the new a40 mixmap pro TR to come out?