Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 MW2 Mod What you like and don't like about it, or would like to see in it

Ruggerxi

• Member ID:  9264
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50963
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

Can we put a thing where if we cap an ass on a camper we get a bonus or something.  Just asking for a friend.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Already is. Disabled because some people didnt like it. If you camp, based on certain criteria, your weapon isnt disabled or anything like that. Only thing that happens is whoever shoots you gets extra points. However if you are a REALLY bad camper (snipers are exempt), and you would have to be really bad, you eventually get an icon above you that basically says "shoot me" in the form of a money bag. Some people might remember that. Some thought it a little too punitive for a valid play style and they did have a point.

edit: The lesson being, because I think something up doesnt necessarily mean its a good thing here.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  244
  • Followers:  120
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1235
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  11005
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/09/1979

the hit detection is horreble, the low ping almost imposseble to kill same as the high ping (both laggy ass hell)

flagjacket overruled same as the stupid big guns with a 1000 bullets. bullshit that you can snipe with this wapons. cars shoud only defrost not kill, if you see the ens off a match most off the last kills are with cars (stupid it's freeztag,  we need our team to be defrosted no to make the most kills. just saying after playing for a couple of years in xi. good luck fixing this shit sammy! 

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

1 hour ago, ReaPeR said:

I like to see stealth not block mechanical items like clay and mines . it take out defense totally.flak jacket can take to tubes and survive alittle to strong. tube should have alonger reload time.   big one not sure if can be fixed when spawning out protection u can shoot right away.other then that I love it . like to see a new nuke slash game changer. a nuke that could defrost  .

!FU Reaper go sit on a bouncing betty. You campy mofo you. lol   

Without Stealth here is NO defense against Claymores and Bouncing betties. Using Stealth and Hacker percs gives you the ability to walk up on them and hack them. Hardly anyone does it because Hacker perk is in Perk 2 with Combat Medic but it's fine just the way it is.  

The Mini nuke needs a bit of a bump up in it's damage range or lower the amount of kills needed to get it. Your lucky to get 2-3 kills with it now unless the whole team is camping inside of 1 tall slender building. I've gotten more kills with an RC Car or a Predator Missile and you definitely get more kills with the Paveway III or either or the Helicopters.

B2 Spirit is pretty much broken.  Your lucky to get 1 kill with it if you drop it on a whole line of people.

AC130 can be blown up WAY to easily. It's a Giant target and it only takes 3 clips from an assault rifle to blow it up.  

• Member ID:  3453
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  668
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5126
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

not sure if possible but if there 2 versions of the car defroster get at 3 kills .. bomb car would get at 5 kills  might be idea.maybe bunny hopping when shooting get little more gun sway  I like  mod  so im fine  .

Cut damage from bullet weapons to the AC130 by half next server restart. Projectiles and missiles, no change. If you want, you can think of spamming it with bullet damage eventually getting some lucky shots and critical hits. Strictly speaking, it shouldnt be as close as it is but that is a game (and map) limitation.

As for hit detection, keep in mind there are a lot of experts in this game that know how to avoid damage. Its full of hoppers all over the place. People good at dodging and strafing. Many people with some console tweaks. And people taking advantage of other things. We are trying to figure out some ways to help that a little that hopefully wont hurt anything or cause disruptions to other players but it isnt easy. But even with that there is no getting around that there are simply some very good players.

• Member ID:  27340
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  5463
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/11/1980
  • Device:  iPhone

I agree with Pink, the sniper rifles are not that accurate. I noticed with the one that looks like a hunting rifle, it is a bit more accurate. But the other ones. I have been on large maps, hold my breath, the player does not move.. Yet it still does not hit them. Also, you should not get a hit marker from a headshot from a sniper rifle. Should be instant death. 

I'm for using PB, maybe put the version that works and directions for setup in not only downloads. But as a sicky in the general forum as well. 

I agree with everyone being forced to use the same config setup, regardless of what it is set to.

Cars killing people. I'm kind of on the fence on this one. Is it annoying to get killed by a car, sure. But, the same people that are complaining, also kill people with cars. You can use flakjacket to reduce the possibility of being killed. If your choosing a different perk. Then you cannot really complain.

I don't know if its possible, but I would like to see combat medic easier to revive people. On an older game, "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down", You could just thro the med pack at them like what the C4 looks like, then they have the option to res or not. Standing above them and and waiting just gets me killed. lol

In all honestly, I like it the way it was when I first started playing here. Hense the reason I started playing here. I think no matter how it gets changed or how it evolves. There will always be someone who complains. It's just the nature of the game. People do not like to lose/die. 

Revival is the way it is done in many games. But another way I saw, that still required you do stand there for a moment, is to simply inject the player and move on.  That would require a weapon asset however, since it would be like planting a clay., and those are in very short supply. As-is, everything is scripted so no assets are required. But if this sounds interesting AND IF enough people would actually do it... a big consideration... I will see what I can do if I get the time.

I am pretty swamped right now with many things going on. So I'm trying to limit myself to things that would be useful.

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

On 4/23/2019 at 2:28 PM, kage said:

I would like the mod to have the ability to set every ones player config the same, everyone has the same max packets, max fps, same foliage settings etc, so like PB use to do just with out the PB issues  

I think this will help a lot with people so thy can't cry when people get killed but over all it seems to be fine

thanks rugger 

that will be  impossible  it is not 2007 anymore  there are other ways to get around that outside the cfg  and some already come with  standard video card software

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5924
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50677
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971

Increase the effective radius of emp's!  They should-as a reward for team-oriented players- have the same defrost effect radius as a frag grenade does!  (As a disclaimer, I carry 3 emp's)

They do.

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

Revival is the way it is done in many games. But another way I saw, that still required you do stand there for a moment, is to simply inject the player and move on.  That would require a weapon asset however, since it would be like planting a clay., and those are in very short supply. As-is, everything is scripted so no assets are required. But if this sounds interesting AND IF enough people would actually do it... a big consideration... I will see what I can do if I get the time.

I am pretty swamped right now with many things going on. So I'm trying to limit myself to things that would be useful.

Yeah, it may not be useful on this game setup. The game I was speaking of you could revive people already dead, before they had a chance to respawn. In this case your helping people on last stand. Witch there is few people that actually use it. And then normally your not close to them when they're actually on last stand. 

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Achievement Points:  50963
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981

I agree with everything Drimp just said 

• Member ID:  3264
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  3790
  • Birthday:  04/21/1991

I would like the mod to have the ability to set every ones player config the same, everyone has the same max packets, max fps, same foliage settings etc, so like PB use to do just with out the PB issues  

I think this will help a lot with people so thy can't cry when people get killed but over all it seems to be fine

thanks rugger 

that will be  impossible  it is not 2007 anymore  there are other ways to get around that outside the cfg  and some already come with  standard video card software

crying already haha

• Member ID:  4147
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  747
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6243
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968

Can I please get a player loadout that would allow me to carry 10 stun grenades in lieu of carrying a primary weapon? I think @bogleg might second this motion as well.

In all seriousness...I am at the point where I really don't care what you do @sammy I actually enjoy trying to figure out how to best work any changes that come about to the game. I play more just for the fun of hanging out with you good folks and trying to annoy the shit out of as many people as possible with stun grenades. As long as you leave my ability to kill someone with a direct hit from a stun grenade alone...I'll gladly play whatever you change. Thanks for all the effort you put in to keeping this mod going.

Peace out

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974

2 hours ago, Sikon said:

I agree with Pink, the sniper rifles are not that accurate. I noticed with the one that looks like a hunting rifle, it is a bit more accurate. But the other ones. I have been on large maps, hold my breath, the player does not move.. Yet it still does not hit them. Also, you should not get a hit marker from a headshot from a sniper rifle. Should be instant death. 

I'm for using PB, maybe put the version that works and directions for setup in not only downloads. But as a sicky in the general forum as well. 

I agree with everyone being forced to use the same config setup, regardless of what it is set to.

Cars killing people. I'm kind of on the fence on this one. Is it annoying to get killed by a car, sure. But, the same people that are complaining, also kill people with cars. You can use flakjacket to reduce the possibility of being killed. If your choosing a different perk. Then you cannot really complain.

I don't know if its possible, but I would like to see combat medic easier to revive people. On an older game, "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down", You could just thro the med pack at them like what the C4 looks like, then they have the option to res or not. Standing above them and and waiting just gets me killed. lol

In all honestly, I like it the way it was when I first started playing here. Hense the reason I started playing here. I think no matter how it gets changed or how it evolves. There will always be someone who complains. It's just the nature of the game. People do not like to lose/die. 

50 Cal is most accurate rifle, used to run and gun with it..ask Pete. Bolt rifle (hunter looking thing) is hardest brother.

All other Snipers are like a spraying gun..How the HELL can you miss?

• Member ID:  3139
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2052
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16789
  • Days Won:  18
  • Birthday:  04/20/1984

2 hours ago, Dessy said:

i like the change too toilet  thing tho rugger

this is dessy 420th post im taking notice 2 lol 420 bitchessssssssss

• Member ID:  27563
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  552
  • Birthday:  12/04/1966

1st like to say thanks Sammy love this mod, it is the only game I play. When I found xi freezetag server I was hooked. Any mild changes to me will make no difference just have to adapt. Would be awesome to have cattle prod size  tasers tho that even worked on teammates to get them moving :) 

Awards

• Member ID:  79
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Content Count:  3395
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Achievement Points:  29761
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977

On 4/24/2019 at 12:35 AM, Unchileno said:

Sorry hon..you need to adjust shot.

I can snipe a betty across the map , or any fkers  bunny hopping on the fly..Just ask around.. Wait for them to jump..aim where they gonna land..Easy shot..

O come on now, i am talking about sniping campers, or afk'ers and unable to hit them on the target......Me too am playing this game long enough to know it is definatly not me. That is also THE MAIN reason why i do NOT use sniperrifles because i do not know where the hit registration lays. Little bit more right/ left... Who knows? The aim on the Saritch is dead on target.

Its always been around that cod4 sniper rifles can be slightly buggy if you try to use them too quick. It takes time for them to settle down for a dead on shot even when holding breath.  More than just what you see.

• Member ID:  79
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Content Count:  3395
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Achievement Points:  29761
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977

2 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Its always been around that cod4 sniper rifles can be slightly buggy if you try to use them too quick. It takes time for them to settle down for a dead on shot even when holding breath.  More than just what you see.

I have tried everything Sammy, i think i have been the most patiënt with the sniperrifles, but they won't ever be my friends, just because i still have not figured them out. So i stopped wasting my time on them.

I tend to choose the zoom option especially on mid-sized or larger maps and wait a good time for it to settle. Its easier to see even that little bit remaining sway when FOV gets really tight. But yea if you need a quick shot its not the weapon of choice.

• Member ID:  3075
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  396
  • Birthday:  12/24/1974
  • Device:  Macintosh

Overall I love this mod. I definitely have days where my bullets just don't hit anything and some days where I can't miss. I am certainly guilty of bitching about it but I ultimately know that everyone deals with it. I don't ever think anyone is hacking, though bunny hoppers are certainly exploiting a flaw in the game.

The things I would like to see...

1. If I throw a grenade and get killed. That grenade should continue on its path rather than just drop where it is as I am killed. 

2. I would love to see a bounty appear on players that have large streaks going. A little extra reward for ending somebody's attempt at the nuke. Could even do something where the larger the kill streak a person is on the more points that are awarded for killing that player.

3. I can't quite understand why some player cars explode from one bullet while others can take full magazines and have no issues. Might be a reason or a perk applied, I just don't know what it is.

4. Another idea to prevent people from camping would be to have their position ping on the minimap after killing 3 or more people from a location without moving outside of a 10m range. People could still move and come back to the spot but it would be enough to expose them.

That's all I have for now. Appreciate the good work Sammy! 

18 hours ago, Unchileno said:

50 Cal is most accurate rifle, used to run and gun with it..ask Pete. Bolt rifle (hunter looking thing) is hardest brother.

All other Snipers are like a spraying gun..How the HELL can you miss?

I normally will not use the .50 cal because of how loud it is. Sometimes I'll pick it up if I kill someone with it, but boom! One shot and everyone knows where you are. 

After reading your post yesterday I logged in and sniped for a map. Did pretty decent. But then it happened. 4 shots in to a player that wasn't moving, no hit marker. It was like the bullet disappeared. I'll try and record it next time and post it.