Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 MW2 Mod What you like and don't like about it, or would like to see in it

Ruggerxi

• Member ID:  367
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1177
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  10097
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/20/1964
  • Device:  Windows

4 hours ago, Sixgun said:

Fix the sniper rifles!!! They are the worst weapons to have. I have shot someone 10 times in a row and not even a hit marker yes someone from the same distance uses the Sar and kills me 1 shot 

I Wanna like it 1000 times, if I could.

• Member ID:  3139
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  2052
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16789
  • Days Won:  18
  • Birthday:  04/20/1984

SAMMY..

09igfh.jpg.f608ff42883f89950bd6fa7bb5f4579c.jpg

P.S. im pretty sure(100%) that nuke defroster was my idea ..soooo anyway u can name it 420 bitchessssssss? lol..or even spam 420 bitchessssssss when bein used?  lol that be sweet fucker :)

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Sammy said:

Its my birthday and *slightly* inebriated. So sorry if I come across more opinionated or harshly than I normally would.

Correction. You shot "at" someone 10 times in a row. You are correct in that sniper rifles take significantly longer to zero in. However they have the scope for longer range and do a lot more damage. Balance. And like I posted earlier the saritch is bugged and over powered in a few areas.

Setting to 333 is an easy solution for you but many people cant handle that. People should set it to a workable value for them.... up to an allowable maximum. PB when active set maximums. There is a reason for that. Its demise doesnt mean that reason went away.  Most servers have a set maximum jump height etc. Including here. On the other hand, does that mean someone should be allowed to go higher than that because they can?

In the end, if someone cant enjoy the game without exploiting then perhaps there is something else wrong that is more significant. You cant jump as high as you want. There is more foliage than you want. You cant lag all over the place. You cant scroll-wheel shoot. Any number of things. Therefore, the game is bad. Explain that one to me again.

Regarding for streak protection, as it is some are saying they would like to see the default version where you are visible and without protection. So find a safe location first.

"many people can't handle that". Can't handle what exactly? Their card can't handle 333? Have you done a study on this? Even if they can't get 333 are they still able to take advantage of the minute increase in jump height (which is apparently massive)? If the difference is so massive why do F4H have theirs at 300? Maybe there is some kind of massive increase from 300 to 333? 

As far as people that can't enjoy the game without exploiting. I have no interest in gaining advantage over others with console or config adjustments. I couldn't careless about the slight differences in jumping height from an increased fps. What I don't want is to play a choppy laggy game which playing at 85 fps provides. I also don't want to be playing at a disadvantage to others, similar to everyone else. I am all for a standard set of console values, just not defaults as they are awful. That is my opinion. 

As far as the streak thing apparently I am not allowed to voice my opinion on that either which is what this thread is for. I can see a poll has been taken clan wide on this issue though by you and that I should find a safe location first as the masses have spoken. 

Happy birthday.

• Member ID:  20371
  • Followers:  159
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2726
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/11/1966

The game already favors those with high pings, i.e 110-160 ping =  almost invincible to anyone with a decent ping  and if the console settings get locked so everyone has terrible hit registration like the Freezetag 1 server where I can put multiple clips into a player and only every 10th bullet registers a hit,  does no damage AND you're changing the way stealth works with mines..you give up a lot to use stealth its a good balance the way it is nerfing it ruins it. It seems the mod is being tailored to help high ping campers while also being turned into a console port.  Let's disable tubes and sniper rifles. The smaw is cool tho keep that.  How about a preset console variable set of everyone 100 maxpackets and 250fps forced......my cell phone has the horsepower to play this game at 250 fps any PC less than 10 yrs old should be able to as well. If someone's hardware isn't up to snuff to handle a 12 year old game why should eveyone suffer.  Turn off the Tubes.  My two cents yeah yeah it's late but I've been busy essen mich

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

A console port? Seriously? Thems fighting words.  Hehe.

Stealth is not nerfed. It handles runners a little differently so that there is a bit of vulnerability to mix things up and make things interesting. If there are things that show campers are benefiting unfairly from something, a judgement call of course, then no reason not to bring it up.

• Member ID:  2582
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  778
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  6919
  • Birthday:  07/22/1991

First, I would like to thank Sammy and any other modders for giving us a fun place to relax and play.

I have some comments as well as my own ideas.

I know hopping is controversial, but I don't have a problem killing people who hop. Yes, it takes quick reaction time and twitch aim, but I love how smooth the player movement is in the MW2 mod. Strafe jumping to glide around is a lot of fun.

I am sorry to hear that Stealth will change. I am a fan of not tripping clays or betties because I have to get so close to use my shotgun, and with some of the bigger maps, tripping them would be a total buzz kill. It is one of the main reasons I play here versus Server 1. The entire enemy side of the map is riddled with clays on that server. One suggestion would be to only allow the player to use one of your two betties or clays at a time to leave a flank route open. Most buildings have more than one entry point. Regardless, at the very least, make it possible to use Hacker and Dead Silence at the same time if you are going to change it. Currently, they are the both a Perk 2.

One thing I have not liked about the current mod from the start was how Hunter Killer and Stealth are the same perk slot. In the previous mod, I would use a Silenced Intervention sniper rifle (miss that gun) with  Scavenger/Bandolier, Stealth, and Hunter Killer/Iron Lungs. Right now, without a Steady Cam, it takes almost your entire breath to steady the crosshair. I just miss being a stealthy sniper. If I use Hunter Killer now, I die on the first predator missile most of the time if I try to hide out in the open.

Steady Cams. Currently we have Steadier Cams. The previous mod had no crosshair sway. An observation I have made with either cams is that using one is a trade off. Hitting targets that aren't moving is fine, but hitting targets moving laterally is nearly impossible. Just an observation.

I miss the M1911.45 pistol.

The Saritch. When loaded, it is a laser beam with no recoil. I don't mind this gun because it takes longer to reload. That balances it for me, and is the reason I don't use it. My suggestion is to either reduce the crosshair sway of the other assault rifles, or give them all sway or minor bullet spread. The other fully automatic assault rifles are far less accurate, and that is why people don't use them. The M16 and M14 are fine though, but people like to use full autos to spray and pray.

I have a suggestion on attachments. In the previous mod, if you used a Grip on a shotgun or LMG, you would lose Perk 1. Our current mod is and was game breaking in allowing you to use all three perks on top of using Grip, at the cost of losing an inventory item. Since a lot of people complain about tubes, clays, SMAWs, etc, how about make it so that if you use any attachment on a gun, you lose your inventory item. In other words, you get an inventory item only when you have no attachments on your weapon. Just a suggestion.

Red Dot Sights and ACOG Sights. I feel the current Red Dot Sight "plus sign" is too big and bad for long range (can't see past it), for lack of a better explanation. For both Red Dot Sights and ACOG Sights, I would like to see just a red dot in the center of the scope with no sway. The current ACOG sways too much. This gets back to crosshair sway from earlier.

I don't have a problem with the current RC-XDs. I have a problem with Hardwired. Hardwired is overpowered. It gives Eavesdrop, temporary immunity to RC-XDs, immunity to EMP grenades, and denies Counter UAV. Most other perks have much less benefits. I would love to see the Tac Mask have the immunity to EMP grenades instead.

Spawn protection after killstreaks. Yes, advancing while invisible is annoying to play against, but I don't think it should be completely removed. Without spawn protection, you'd spawn instantly and die immediately if someone saw you entering your killstreak. My suggestion is that you get sent back to spawn and use your spawn protection from there.

At the end of the day, there will always be give and take. I am fine with the current mod, but I am open to see what changes are to come.

To the whiners, no one forces you to play here. Mute people if you have to. Video games are becoming so toxic. Be a good sport and say nice shot once in a while instead of FU or BS. People are fiends for their killstreaks and explode at people if they die one kill short of a killstreak. It doesn't bother me if I die. I wasn't meant to have that killstreak at that moment. That is how I think.

Edited by RANDALL

• Member ID:  2582
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  778
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  6919
  • Birthday:  07/22/1991

On 4/26/2019 at 8:30 PM, Sharpe said:

Easy solution for fps is just set it to 333. Not sure if it is just the mw2 server that does it but setting fps to 0 (unlimited) or above 333 destroys jumping mechanics. F4H have theirs at 300. I usually just leave mine at that seeing as I go in there from time to time.

A radical solution for foilage could be to set lodscale to 4, I honestly doubt most people would notice. Setting maxpackets to 100 is a no brainer and should have been the default setting when the game came out. Some sort of bot like b3 or something similar would be preferable for the foilage issue though.

One small thing I would like is to be able to switch into killstreaks instantaneously or at least have protection from being frozen while switching. 

I used to play competitive cod4 for PC. Here are the benefits to higher fps that I have noticed:

less than 60 fps = disadvantage firing fully automatic weapons. Fires slower. I played with 40 fps for four years and I could not compete with people using the same assault rifle or SMG as me when we start firing at the same time.

60 to 125 fps is optimal.

250 fps allows you to strafe jump further forward.

333 fps allows you to jump higher and access areas no one else can with lower fps.

40 minutes ago, Sammy said:

A console port? Seriously? Thems fighting words.  Hehe.

Stealth is not nerfed. It handles runners a little differently so that there is a bit of vulnerability to mix things up and make things interesting. If there are things that show campers are benefiting unfairly from something, a judgement call of course, then no reason not to bring it up.

Ok I'll rescind the console port part. BUT <~it's a big one.. You have to deal with teammates that don't use stealth, how is that not interesting enough? and yes it is favoring campers, god forbid they have to stop staring at that tiny sliver of doorway or window to have to look around once in a while. Lets make a secure zone drop some claymores that are OP over the "balancing" perk.

All interesting points. To clarify how Stealth would work. If you walk, then it doesnt see you and that is that. However if you run (and therefore are less stealthy) then mines can see you but at 1/2 of their normal detection range. Meaning you have to be close to set it off. Also, since you are already running most of the time you will already be outside of its explosion radius when it does. Especially if you have lightweight. But of course an exploding mine does alert other players. As for having only one mine at a time, to maintain fairness you would also for example have to prevent anyone from throwing a second grenade (the 3X item) until after the first one explodes.

Camping a doorway is pretty cheap. But it is not against the rules. Unless you want to enable the anti-camp system but then again that still raises the question, would that be penalizing a acceptable (albeit lame) style of play.

The Steadycam balances took their cue from the ballistic cpu in terms of what it was supposed to do. Reduce sway, especially on the bigger guns, but not totally eliminate it. A note about attachments. In 147 you will always have an attachment of one kind or another. The 'iron sights' option is replaced with the extra mags attachment. Every primary weapon has it. The ACOG attachment sway matches that of the weapon it replaces. However since some weapons the attachment doesnt fill up your entire view it may seem larger than it actually is.  I hate the cod4 acog for that reason and never use it. I guess it was supposed to look like some cross between an RDS and a sniper scope, but it didnt succeed.

I understand the point about the sniper setup not allowing stealth+hk. But in the situation you describe, it sounds like your concern is protection from predators or other airbased streaks. I assume you mean the red triangles. Maybe add a protection scheme to the counter measures mine. If you keep within range of it, no red triangle. It would be a pretty limited addition but certainly doable. Dont want to nerf predators but they are pretty easy kills. Like the car. Even though they can be shot down by SAMs.

My personal opinion on streaks, when you use one you should be visible and shootable. Which is why I made that the standard setting, whereas the server is using the optional 'invisible' version.

• Member ID:  79
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3395
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Achievement Points:  29761
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977
  • Device:  iPhone

@Sammy just a thought! What if you would adjust the perks, so that they are all 3 having the same options to pick one. So people can decide themselves which perks they would perfere?

I know that there are a few that would like changes in that, and this way you would have to hear anybody ask/complain about that issue ever again. 

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Content Count:  3332
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33541
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

17 hours ago, ~Marley said:

The game already favors those with high pings, i.e 110-160 ping =  almost invincible to anyone with a decent ping  and if the console settings get locked so everyone has terrible hit registration like the Freezetag 1 server where I can put multiple clips into a player and only every 10th bullet registers a hit,  does no damage AND you're changing the way stealth works with mines..you give up a lot to use stealth its a good balance the way it is nerfing it ruins it. It seems the mod is being tailored to help high ping campers while also being turned into a console port.  Let's disable tubes and sniper rifles. The smaw is cool tho keep that.  How about a preset console variable set of everyone 100 maxpackets and 250fps forced......my cell phone has the horsepower to play this game at 250 fps any PC less than 10 yrs old should be able to as well. If someone's hardware isn't up to snuff to handle a 12 year old game why should eveyone suffer.  Turn off the Tubes.  My two cents yeah yeah it's late but I've been busy essen mich

Marley I do not know what game you are playing.. But because of my Location my Ping is constantly 100+ and it gives me no advantage what so ever check out my stats I die more than I kill. I have been playing Cod since cod 2 and know every map inside out in all those years never has anyone complained about not being able to kill me because of my ping. AND you complain about hit registration again I have no problem whatsoever with hit registration, But I am one of those rare players that still play the game the way the makers intended "stock settings" no changes what so ever I do not see the need to play around with settings in order to be better than anyone else I am at peace with the fact SOME PEOPLE ARE BETTER THAN ME.

For example my all time favourite game is CRYSIS it was so ahead of its time and most games still do not come close to the quality of the graphics. I enjoy what the developers intended and leave it as was intended not play around with the settings. 

I love freeze tag not for the game but the people who play it. 

For me the game is broken anyway a few years ago you could sneak from one side of the map to the other to defrost people AS LONG AS YOU DID NOT FIRE YOUR WEAPON.but now because of the people exploiting the settings it ruins the game you can not hide in bushes or long grass because they remove it ......Thats not skill THATS CHEATING....

Well rant over have a nice day  

• Member ID:  2567
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  17117
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986

Having car which defroze OR kill, not both : Agreed! Just annoying to have teammates who kill instead of defroze when you're two foot from them.

Do something bout teammates who block exit, that happen all the time (I will love friendly fire). Or runnning through when you're insivible.

If your turn off invisibilty after killstreaks, you will have more people camping around the spawn. 
At now, many people just camp the spawn with clays/betties, waiting a killstreak. And get more kill with betties/clays and killstreaks than with guns, that's weird...
It's good to have people all over the map everytime, so let it that way.

Agree with pink about rifles. I dunno if that is our high ping (more than 100-120), but many time you hold your breath, the enemy is not moving, you're on him and no hit, this is just boring...
And it's not my skill (fu chile), this is the game, same as pink in fact ?

Mininuke got a real big problem, it kills less people than a heli or a car most of the time. I had a lot of mininuke in the past but it's killing no one, so it's useless. Using a sentry now, 5 kills and better ?

Same congif to all people : Agreed. Cause people flying around and avoiding bullets half of the time is not fair, my opinion. And some times, full magazine in the back do nothing... ?

The balance of the 3 perks is pretty good for me, every perk is a sacrifice to another. When you get combatmedic (only when respawn) you don't have another stuff all the time you're alive. 
When you get stealth you don't have combat medic. when you have dead silence you don't have hardline. When you get the flyjacket (2 tubes in the face and nothin LOL) you do'nt have combat medic.

Defroze is more points than killing : Love it

Bounty about people who camp will be fine. Not the position, but just an alert bout the person and a little more points.
Announce the highest kill streak on-going :)

>95% of people using the same gun (I'm in the >95), we have to do something bout that.
The saric do better than a snip, totally unfair.
More ammo with the shotgun please, it's really fun to play with it but not enough munition. Guess it's why people doesn't use its.

Please don't say high pings got advantage, this is not. Just put a server in europe that we can have ping 25 and you 140, we'll see LOL

The mod is fine anyway for me, and even if people complaning sometimes it's always with fun, no hard feelings. I never see people fighting, just teasing and having fun. 
I guess all of us love this mod so much, it's why we're playing on it again and again. 
Thanks a lot for the hard work.

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5924
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50677
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Walter Sobchak

The Big Lebowki  =D

Stock settings are there for a reason. Not just as a matter of 'fairness' which often comes down to opinion. But also to make the game as stable as possible while also making its mechanics work as smooth as they can get it. Sure technology changes. Pick a setting. Jump height of course. Run speed. Reload speed. All those things. They didnt just toss numbers in a hat and pick one for kicks.

Each and every mod certainly affects that, some in minor ways, some in huge ways.  That often puts things back to square one. Maybe a certain setting, while possible, simply makes it too difficult for the game engine to handle it. Things are balanced for the 20FPS server frame rate (not yours). And you cant change that. Playability suffers. Yea hardware is better. But the game engine is more than 10 years old with various patches. Pick the settings you want and then ask how they affect the game good and bad for everybody, not just you.  Same goes for every little thing that goes into a mod. Is it good for the game? After a period of time it sometimes turns out the answer is no. Then corrective measures must be taken in the form of 'fixes' or 'patches', and perhaps 'updates' is not always the proper word to use. IMO the double-speed car (it is balanced for the default not double) for example makes it much more difficult to defend against for a 3-kill streak. So yea. The slower speed explosive and higher speed defroster. In the meantime, instead of complaining about the cars everywhere, slow them down to where they should be. Done.

I hate to say it but often mods have to be considered open betas (b9) since most of the time there is no large group of dedicated players, in a closed one, whose sole job it is to investigate every possible aspect there is. They arent there to have fun and highly experienced in-house beta testers can make some pretty decent money. Hard to test something if nobody ever uses it because they have their own setups and dont want to deviate from them hurting their scores.

As for weapons, sometimes occurred to me to add a 'gungame' aspect. You dont get to choose your spawn weapon. Either that or make weapon drops random types. Instead of a dropped Saritch, which is everywhere, drop a near fully loaded mp5.  Add unpredictability. Not realistic, but as many say this isnt reality. I will say it again, the Saritch is bugged and unfair. And so 90% of the players use it and dont care that its bugged. My fault but what do we do about it right now? Nothing? Take some other temporary measures? Consider something for the good of the server, even if it makes it harder for you and your scores may suffer.

• Member ID:  79
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3395
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Achievement Points:  29761
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977
  • Device:  iPhone

2 hours ago, Sammy said:

As for weapons, sometimes occurred to me to add a 'gungame' aspect. You dont get to choose your spawn weapon. Either that or make weapon drops random types. Instead of a dropped Saritch, which is everywhere, drop a near fully loaded mp5.  Add unpredictability. Not realistic, but as many say this isnt reality. I will say it again, the Saritch is bugged and unfair. And so 90% of the players use it and dont care that its bugged. My fault but what do we do about it right now? Nothing? Take some other temporary measures? Consider something for the good of the server, even if it makes it harder for you and your scores may suffer.

Easy answer here, give us back the ACR! ?

I will give you an A for effort. But nice try.

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5924
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50677
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

Sammy, I believe you said earlier that an emp has the same effective range as a frag grenade.  I find this extremely difficult to believe is the case in the game.  There are instances every map I play where an emp is not very far from a player, yet doesn't defrost... close enough that I have tested and a frag would kill within the same radius.... we are talking 5 or 6 feet away at the most, & the emp is doing nothing... please seriously consider increasing the emp's effective radius.

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

Can't we get some polls on the go for the most popular requests? The insurgency admins did this recently. Something like this for example (just a test may or may not work) : 

Edit : Didn't seem to embed but here is a link.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5cc60cb4e4b01977b196a845

Edited by Sharpe

Ok my mistake. The EMP has the same range. The defrost portion does not. However the defrost amount is not distance based, unlike grenades. You are in range, or you are not. If you are then its a full defrost. However if I make it bigger then the balance is that the defrost amount will be distance based. The airbuster defroster will work that way.

As to the point that the sentrygun often gets more kills than the B2, that is true. However the offset is that the sentry is easily disabled or destroyed. The B2 is not.... yet. The big caveat to that is whether or not the enemy team bothers to destroy it.

13 hours ago, baldie said:

Marley I do not know what game you are playing.. But because of my Location my Ping is constantly 100+ and it gives me no advantage what so ever check out my stats I die more than I kill. I have been playing Cod since cod 2 and know every map inside out in all those years never has anyone complained about not being able to kill me because of my ping. AND you complain about hit registration again I have no problem whatsoever with hit registration, But I am one of those rare players that still play the game the way the makers intended "stock settings" no changes what so ever I do not see the need to play around with settings in order to be better than anyone else I am at peace with the fact SOME PEOPLE ARE BETTER THAN ME.

For example my all time favourite game is CRYSIS it was so ahead of its time and most games still do not come close to the quality of the graphics. I enjoy what the developers intended and leave it as was intended not play around with the settings. 

I love freeze tag not for the game but the people who play it. 

For me the game is broken anyway a few years ago you could sneak from one side of the map to the other to defrost people AS LONG AS YOU DID NOT FIRE YOUR WEAPON.but now because of the people exploiting the settings it ruins the game you can not hide in bushes or long grass because they remove it ......Thats not skill THATS CHEATING....

Well rant over have a nice day  

Baldie from my perspective 49 ping I can't hit you unless I dump a full clip and hope the last bullet hits, I can literally watch bullets impacting objects behind a player that passed through them without hitting them if their ping is over 100. I'm sure people that share your latency have no problem hitting you or others in the above 100 ping zone.  It isn't fun shooting blanks in a first person shooter idgaf who I'm playing with it's pointless. So is nerfing the game to a hold still while I shoot at you mod(Server 1). Run n Gun has always been part of the game. I used to play CoD 4 in TWL and CAL-I competition leagues. I may get a little more competitive than some but this is a TEAM oriented game, Freeze Tag makes it even more TEAM oriented. It's not so much about who's the best other than which Team  it's about working together to bring home the win . Totally agree about the vegetation it's lame and cheating. I play every game with settings as high as they go i like all the eye candy turned on(not that there really is any in this game lol)

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26176
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

@Sammy - I feel that the predator needs to be fixed.  The only real reason to even use that kill streak is to get the 6 seconds of spawn pro.  It just flat out doesn't kill people in situations where it sure seems like it should.  Half the time I use it to try and thaw someone if I can.

Edited by Bogleg

Thaw? Unless you mean after the streak is over. The majority of the time I see it hit somebody. As for whether or not it *should* that is a matter of perspective and whether or not you error on the side of semi-realistic or what is basically an arcade FPS computer game, as opposed to an expensive simulator. Its not perfect and never will be. Unless I suppose I do a 'cheat' and use simple distance regardless of obstructions. But then I would have to do the same for airstrikes that use the same method. Also artillery. Streaks that I often see go away without a single kill either. In all three cases many people, myself included, run for any cover I can find.

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3380
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30022
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Macintosh

The blast radius on the predator is weird. sometime you can drop in thru a window or door and it doesn't get any kills, other times you will drop it outside a building and boom people inside die too. 

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45176
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  Macintosh

How about a redeemer?  Aka, shoulder fired nuke.

and where did my rocket pistol go?

Hehe, its still there. Too good IMO right now but that requires testing because it depends on how matches progress. And right now I havent been able to test it against speedy bunny hoppers all over the place shooting back at you. In terms of how lethal, it should be the same as a DE or other pistol. Just different.

I did have a redeemer a very long time ago. It was cool I but wasnt sure it really had a place in the game considering the other explosive rockets already there. You may or may not notice but the mininuke 'implosion' sound comes from it reused.  At best a streak weapon but the number of streaks is already overkill, no pun intended.

The only thing that *might* come to mind is adding a one-shot to Duke in addition to the death machine. Since he is already going to be slowed down considerably (a tank) without any real sprint it would be an interesting addition. Duke is a big dude but a minigun, lots of ammo, a big rocket launcher, and armor is pretty heavy stuff.