Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Rollin', rollin', rollin'...

Sammy

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Lets say the same price for comparable condos in reasonable areas, Walnut Creek or Maui. No wonder so many people think California is just plain stupid.

Edit:

Two places. First in Walnut Creek. Checked it out and didnt like it much especially for the price. View was nice and convenient location but the complex and place itself was so-so. 315k

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Walnut-Creek/430-N-Civic-Dr-94596/unit-409/home/1855870

Another in Maui, same sq footage and same price. HOA $150 less. Wish I had my own private jet so I could take a quick trip to see what you get for the same money.

https://www.redfin.com/HI/Kihei/2140-Awihi-Pl-96753/unit-6/home/71748334

So advisement.... if you dont need to move to CA. Choose somewhere else.

Edited by Sammy

Well lets see. The place I made on offer on, which they accepted (but sold as-is) after inspection has a bunch of things wrong with it. Estimated repairs would have been pretty expensive. So bailing on that one, since it was contingent on a favorable inspection. It was a rental. Which is common. But it seems the owners, as landlords, didnt put any money into it.

However another one just got put on the market close to the same price that is in much better condition. And no repairs needed. Everything works. So we shall see how that one goes. Trials and tribulations of home buyers.

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

7 hours ago, Sammy said:

Well lets see. The place I made on offer on, which they accepted (but sold as-is) after inspection has a bunch of things wrong with it. Estimated repairs would have been pretty expensive. So bailing on that one, since it was contingent on a favorable inspection. It was a rental. Which is common. But it seems the owners, as landlords, didnt put any money into it.

However another one just got put on the market close to the same price that is in much better condition. And no repairs needed. Everything works. So we shall see how that one goes. Trials and tribulations of home buyers.

Good luck with the new one @Sammy !!

• Member ID:  4147
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  747
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6243
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

@Sammy

Well, since you did mention you may want to live near Disney World some day, you could come get a place down here in my neck of the woods. We had a second home down here, and just sold our place in WA and moved here to Central FL permanently.

If you want to stick with a small 1BR condo and be about 10 minutes from the Magic Kingdom, here's one you can check out.

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Celebration/580-Water-St-34747/unit-580/home/145496141

Wow thats a nice price. I dont see myself living in the bay area forever. Many things can happen.