Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Is there an end to the universe or does it go on for infinity?

Ruggerxi

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972
  • Device:  Windows

It's never ending. Just like my Ex GFs hole. I barely escaped alive. 

Here's a pic of the offending hole. Oh Ya it has tentacles to pull you in and long sharp teeth to chew you up over the rest of your life.

1697309632_exshole.jpg.8b57ea7c91e8ef76f72fe80baf5dbfa8.jpg

Edited by J3st3r

• Member ID:  3773
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

4 minutes ago, J3st3r said:

It's never ending. Just like my Ex GFs hole. I barely escaped alive. 

Here's a pic of the offending hole. Oh Ya it has tentacles to pull you in and long sharp teeth to chew you up over the rest of your life.

1697309632_exshole.jpg.8b57ea7c91e8ef76f72fe80baf5dbfa8.jpg

Damn, buddy, you gotta find yo'-self annudder girlfriend--just say, Eric, sir . . . Ayaq

• Member ID:  1729
  • Followers:  105
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7521
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Achievement Points:  49200
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/26/1969

Einstein said: I do not know if the universe is infinite, but I know that human stupidity is infinite lol

• Member ID:  21080
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2367
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1979

On 8/8/2019 at 4:10 PM, Ruggerxi said:

Another question I would like to hear peoples thoughts on, does the universe go on for infinity? There can't be an end right? If there was what would the end be? A wall? if so whats on the other side of the wall? 

Rolls extra fatty spliff....

lights up said spliff....

takes a good 3 long drags...

rolls up my sleeves...

... Right!

There are 2 possibilities either it does or it doesn’t. I’m not being funny and I also know you can say “what about both at once cos anything’s possible” and I agree in principle but anything being possible doesn’t automatically mean everything is realistically possible just cos it is what we call possible. Possible only means we can’t rule it out or verify in any way. 

But context and definitions really matter on topics like this. Words like infinite and finite have meanings. They contradict each other “having an end or an edge” is a description that cant co-exist with “NOT having an end or edge” not because I say so, but because all of humanity says so by having language and words and meaning and agreeing what we mean by each of them. 

2 is not 4.. we know what the numbers value is. They can’t both be each other. You can’t have 2 apples and say it’s also true you have 4. Some things can’t co-exist in any real sense unless we say we are existing in a completely upside down dream reality where the most fundamental basic self evident truths like *if 2=2 and if we agree what the + symbol means ...(lol it’s important to set the rules or definitions, to make it self evident and not open to funky maths that change the value of 2 or the function + has)... then it’s 100% absolutely true that 2+2=4*when that’s not true and it means 5 different answers at the same time it’s game over. Not everything possible is actually realistically possible. 

It doesnt equal 4 and 648 at the same time just cos, you know...*shrug* anythings possible ... so infinite universe and finite universe being true at the same time is just too nuts to describe. So I have to leave it out really. 

So the 2... finite and infinite. 

If the universe is finite...

(I’ll get on to what I and or we mean by the “universe” in a bit, cos universe and ‘ALL of existence/creation in whatever form and type and realm it may be’ are not always the same thing to everyone and it’s kinda relevant on this topic for us to agree at least basically on what we mean by universe or all of existence etc)

... if it’s finite and there is in some way a totality to it all, some way that there is just everything there is, and that's all there is! The end. it changes it moves. It’s in different places and realms and dimensions or whatever it is. But there is only what there is and no more. If that’s true ... which is a finite universe... then, at what we will call the edge .. there is...?? What? That’s the question... well ok.

if that edge exists, then on the other side of it is ... nothing. 

No ioke, I’m not using a play on words... if there is an edge then there is nothing on the other side. Absolute nothingness, no space, no things, no heaven or hell or consciousness or dream or energy or anything... nothing!!! That’s what’s there. It has to be or it wouldn’t be the edge. If anything is on the other side then it’s not the edge, the other thing is the edge and so on. 

Ok.. what happens if you go there? Does it stop you from going past the edge? How can you go there if there is nothing there and how can it stop you if there is nothing to stop you? It’s s paradox right? Well I don’t think so, I think it’s simple. 

You can’t go there, past the edge, if there isn’t a there to go to. And that’s the end of that. Simple. But..”it” doesn’t stop you either. You can be at the edge... looking at it so to say. Right there and you push your hand through and...

it just stops. 

Not cos somethings stopping you.. but cos there just isn’t anywhere for your hand to go. Isn’t not being stopped. It just can’t go where there isn’t. 

So I think that’s a fairly easy one to get the head around. An edge is possible but it’s also describable and the long thought paradoxes of it are not really that crazy at all. Yeah, the concept of nothingness is a crazy one and I love it also, but the principle of the idea, nothing, no thing, no anything... if that’s on the other side of the edge then it’s at least understandable. 

The infinite universe.... woah!! Fucking woah!! 

If the universe and all of everything is infinite then we’re fucked basically. 

Infinity is nutt-job looney bin,Fucking propeller hat wearing insanity of such magnitude that I think it’s my favourite idea or thing in all of life and all of imagination. 

It has actually sent 6+ very famous mathematical genius throughout history insane! had to be locked up cos they literally lost he plot completely. No lie google it lol. 

If the universe is infinite then we need to understand what infinity means before we can decide how likely it is to be the truthful description for the “size” of existence. Of if finite is more likely or even the only one really possible? Lol spoiler. 

Infinite means big lol ? 

haha it actually doesn’t really. Big doesn’t apply at all. Infinite can’t be described, or imagined in its totality, it is never ending and so to conceive it is the impossible cos you can’t evrr finish conceptualising it. We can talk about it. 1/2 something over and over for ever and it never ends it has infinite divisions and that’s true. Infinitely small is just as mental as infinitely big. 

It’s not just the size it’s the rules, never end.. is it static? Is it growing? If it’s not getting bigger is it stopped? If it’s getting bigger then how fast is is? 

Infinite speed? Lol fuck off with infinite speed! But then infinite speed PLUS!!

Infinite acceleration??? Just imagine that for a sec.. infinite!!!! Acceleration!!! Omfg. 

And on and on! Infinite acceleration but with infinite acceleration you go from 0 to infinite speed in a infinitesimal small amount of time, then in the next infinite small time you accelerate infinity again to go what?? Infinity to the power of infinity an infinite amount of times powers of powers of powers of infinity over infinity.

ITS FUCKING MENTAL!! It’s beyond fucking anything!! It will eat you up and spit you out before it’s even started moving!!! 

It cant be an infinite universe!! There has to be some crazy crazy limit or totality of all things! How ever endless it might feel or however immensely Insane the levels of reality might go to, that there is in fact some “everything” and whatever it may be or change into or come from or go to, it is just the totality of everything, whatever that may be. 

And that’s all there is. 

So i think the answer is that the universe has some kind of edge to its physical realms and some kind of limit or totality to its none physical realms whatever they may be. and I described what happens at the so called edge.

Cos infinite is just too mental.  LOL infinite acceleration! :D god i love picturing it.. imagine if you could shrink or magnify with infinite acceleration! when youre infinitly smaller than teh plank length after just 1 infinity small time and you just keep accelerating smaller and smaller... for ever... not just infinite up... we are the electron on an atom in a larger universe...

but that our universes electrons or quarks or whatever crazy small piece is also a universe and it go down again and again for infinity jst as well at up... bothdicrections larger scales and smaller scales at it doesnt just never end... its growing infinitely fast in both directions with infinite acceleration!! nnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEOOOoooooouuuuuuuunnnnngggggggg!!!

P.S. I hope it’s infinite cos it’s just more fun! 

Another question: 

why is there something at all? Why something and not nothing? Has there always been a “something” in some form some how some where whatever? Or did existence in all its energy god matter what Fucking ever, pop into existence at some stage? 

Always been something? 

Or it started somehow? 

TLDR: fuck you hahahahaha read it. ?

I love you for this this thread  @Ruggerxi

14885834_709798679194440_389772144_n.jpg

Edited by nosleep

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

Great thoughts and some effort there, yea it does lead to existence and did it begin somewhere or has everything always existed? Fascinating subject and without trying to be controversial was why our forefathers developed religions, to explain it.

As we don't understand much about our universe, or even our planet, at the moment, we can only guess, my instincts still lean towards space/time, but I have been wrong before lol.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:51 AM, J3st3r said:

Just like my Ex GFs hole. 

Wow, you've had a girlfriend ??, careful now, judging by the photo camels don't count naughty boy, one hump or two ?????

15 hours ago, RobMc said:

Wow, you've had a girlfriend ??, careful now, judging by the photo camels don't count naughty boy, one hump or two ?????

Only song that cones to mind, buddy, is "Foolish Hearts."

Can't remember band's name . . .

Ayaq

On 8/8/2019 at 8:10 AM, Ruggerxi said:

Another question I would like to hear peoples thoughts on, does the universe go on for infinity? There can't be an end right? If there was what would the end be? A wall? if so whats on the other side of the wall? 

My humble opinion, sir:

There is "Heaven," and there is "Hell."

The people who spend their lives doing good and helping people, regardless of religion, in my humble opinion, go to "Heaven."

Again, my opinion, and mine only:  the really "bad" ones go straight to Hell . . .

The ones that are too good to go straight to Hell, but are too "bad" to go Heaven are destined to walk aimlessly-across this planet, our Beautiful Planet Earth!!, until Judgement Day . . .

Ayaq

P.S. - @RobMc . . .

Edited by AyaqGuyaq
Forgot my buddy . .

• Member ID:  24549
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  57

If you apply Quantum Mechanics to this theory there is no end as your energy and focus creates matter around you. Therefore, there can be no end to the universe because you will always perceive something. A true end would mean all perception would stop.

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422

It is very simple, really.  We humans just don't have the mental capacity yet to understand the details we are learning about the Universe.  Only if we survive as a species beyond this petty war, greed, hate crap that humans do will we have a chance to evolve with better brains to understand stuff we cannot yet begin to comprehend.   (My current analysis is that the "known" Universe is just a tiny bit of what we can try to comprehend, the great explosion that started the creation of our planets, suns, galaxys is just one of many such interesting things that go on.  We are just to basic intellectually to come to grips with all that is  "out there".)  

We all just have 5 usable senses.  Touch, smell, vision, hearing and taste.  Think about all those other things going around in the universe that we do not have senses to be aware of?  

Ergo, humans are screwed, the doomsday clock is almost at midnight.  (Vote wisely folks - war and greed and hate SUCKS!)  

So, how do I deal with all this bad news?  I watch this --->  

• Member ID:  27911
  • Group:  ++ Insurgency Admin
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  335

So i had a class in college about general relativity and based on that the actual size of the universe is finite however with the life span of a human it's infinite in size. The nearest star being 4 light years implies that it would take at least 4 yrs or more to get there when traveling the speed of light. Take into account the time to speed up and slow down such that it doesn't just kill you means many more years. You'll be dead when you even get to the closest star.

Other topic mentioned was infinity. I've had many classes on this topic... So there are many versions of infinity, so lets start with the beginning.

First there are finite which implies that there exists a fixed number to count the elements in the set.

Next is countably infinite which means that if you had enough time then you could order said items and count them up. This is true for sets as large as the rationals.

Next is uncountably infinite. This is a complicated concept because there are literally an uncountably infinite number of values that fall into this category. The number set that frequently is looked at for this is the reals.

So to make life easier they've invented a naming system that's easier to write, called the aleph number. So aleph0 is the countably infinite set. Aleph1 is the size of the reals. And aleph2 is the next and so on. Aleph0 +1 is the same size as aleph0 and aleph0 + aleph1 is the same size as aleph1. To go from n to n+1 in the aleph system the set must be infinitely larger than the previous one. The simplest operation is the exponentially operation, so 2^alephn=alephn+1.

Ok that's maybe too much... I'll stop here...

Awards

1 hour ago, Majbasil said:

(Vote wisely folks - war and greed and hate SUCKS!)  

True, and it would be a lovely world if not for these, but will it go away - no it won't, every civilisation before us probably thought they would rule forever but they grew fat, greedy and corrupt and someone is ALWAYS ready to take over, like it or not. Therefore the counter argument in voting wisely is not to become weak and allow our particular civilisation to end by voting for the nastiest bastards in your particular country, you may not like them, but they will keep you and your children safe, sad but true.

1 hour ago, RobMc said:

True, and it would be a lovely world if not for these, but will it go away - no it won't, every civilisation before us probably thought they would rule forever but they grew fat, greedy and corrupt and someone is ALWAYS ready to take over, like it or not. Therefore the counter argument in voting wisely is not to become weak and allow our particular civilisation to end by voting for the nastiest bastards in your particular country, you may not like them, but they will keep you and your children safe, sad but true.

I live in the US, and i don't care for Trump, he's really not a good man, i don't like Hilary either so lets skip that, but i do like how Trump reduced my taxes last year but 5%...

Awards

I didn't mean Trump at all?, I meant the people you need are the strongest people, that is how nature, and mankind works, the successful people are the strongest and nastiest, Genghis Khan, The Romans before forsaking their legions, the Vikings etc etc they were not nice but their own people prospered, never forget what history teaches you. So forget your niceties, cheap petrol, cheap goods etc vote for the person who keeps your armed forces strong and your borders secure, whoever that is, or you will eventually regret it, and remember placating bullies never ever works in the long term.

I was saying Trump because he is going against the Paris talks to help keep Earth from become too hot with global warming stuff. If it keeps going we'll all end up dying and it wont matter who is in charge.

Awards

• Member ID:  3682
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1834
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  14780
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/12/1960
  • Device:  Android

The earth will be just fine, no matter what.  But the pathetic human infestation of this planet's days are numbered

6 minutes ago, algebrat said:

I was saying Trump because he is going against the Paris talks to help keep Earth from become too hot with global warming stuff. If it keeps going we'll all end up dying and it wont matter who is in charge.

Yeah, talk will fix everything

• Member ID:  3682
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1834
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  14780
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/12/1960
  • Device:  Android

This planet will be just fine, no matter what we do to it.  We just wont be alive to see it heal up!   We are today's dinosaurs

3 hours ago, spinpuppy said:

This planet will be just fine, no matter what we do to it.  We just wont be alive to see it heal up!   We are today's dinosaurs

This is the truth. the planet will be fine but we will not be. i'm hoping that "we" are able to survive, i'd like to hope my kids are able to grow up in a world that's not beyond their hope of saving. They're ages 3.5 and 1.5 currently.

Awards

• Member ID:  2208
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  301
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3601
  • Achievement Points:  37500
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963

We will never know...we will be dead by the time if and when that's ever figured out.....

When we die (there's no "if" in the equation), the "good" souls getta explore the universe, travelling at faster than light-speed; the "bad" souls, well, they don't get to do that . . . Ayaq

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:26 PM, algebrat said:

This is the truth. the planet will be fine but we will not be. i'm hoping that "we" are able to survive, i'd like to hope my kids are able to grow up in a world that's not beyond their hope of saving. They're ages 3.5 and 1.5 currently.

Is that "Dog Years?"

Johnny No. 5--Need input, more input!!!

Ayaq

3 minutes ago, AyaqGuyaq said:

Is that "Dog Years?"

Johnny No. 5--Need input, more input!!!

Ayaq

nope they're human years

Awards

• Member ID:  24295
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

On 8/14/2019 at 4:31 AM, nosleep said:

Rolls extra fatty spliff....

lights up said spliff....

takes a good 3 long drags...

rolls up my sleeves...

... Right!

uh huh LOL

My purple kush Rick Simpson oil.

Ate a small dab and was out of it for 10 hours LOL

oil.png

• Member ID:  21776
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2262
  • Birthday:  10/09/1959

what the hell have you guys and girl been smoking?

7 hours ago, GHO5T said:

what the hell have you guys and girl been smoking?

Nothing... What are you offering?

Awards