Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

HELP!

ShaunZAR

• Member ID:  27254
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  3265
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1985
  • Device:  Windows

Wanting to connect to WAW FT, But i'm getting this error? 

Other servers are running fine.. Been working fine forever?!!?

IMG_20190814_185751.jpg

• Member ID:  133
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  77
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6882
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  44077
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  12/12/1971

Go to that folder and delete that file. And see what happens when you log back in. I think it should re-download it for you. 

• Member ID:  22619
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  132
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3595
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  35023
  • Days Won:  22

@skuzapo could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that it's the same map that was loading when both our game crashed last night and we had an error message in game and I noticed this error message on my desktop. Skuz restarted the server as it wasn't on just one's player side but probably for everyone else and everything seemed fine after. This map never caused problems in the past, though... so I'm not sure what's happening. 

If what @X-RayXI said works Shaun; let me know so that I'll try it the next time it comes up, if it happens, but somehow it looks like it's an issue with something else, related to the map itself with the rotation vs the server. 

• Member ID:  23642
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  429
  • Birthday:  02/22/1977

ugh might wanna go to the doctor about that??

lol

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

You've got conflicting or corrupted .iwd files. It happens every now and then if two servers are running the same custom map because the server does not know what to read. Delete the file and try again. Any time you get an invalid .iwd file follow the path and delete it. 

• Member ID:  27254
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  3265
  • Birthday:  10/03/1985

Hey guys, I did that first thing. COD 101. Thank you though. But they restarted the server and is running beautifully now.

Thank you all much appreciated. 

11 minutes ago, AthenA said:

it looks like it's an issue with something else, related to the map itself with the rotation vs the server. 

It's always good practice to test rotations making sure maps don't crash but this error is a file conflict so, the file the server is trying to read as its own is already being used by another. Say I had the same map on TDM and DM, I would have to keep deleting the map if I wanted to play on the other server because the server will read it, go "wtf this isn't mine" and lose its shit :lol: 

if there was an issue such as a typo in the rotation the server will crash and need rebooting. If the map is on the server and not in rotation then it goes right over it.

For example over in CoD2 we have a map called Tobruk. in the rotation it's mp_tobruk. If I typed that wrong in the rotation like mp_tbruk it would crash. If I didn't include the map in the rotation at all it would skip the map as it does now. 

8 minutes ago, PainKiller said:

It's always good practice to test rotations making sure maps don't crash but this error is a file conflict so, the file the server is trying to read as its own is already being used by another. Say I had the same map on TDM and DM, I would have to keep deleting the map if I wanted to play on the other server because the server will read it, go "wtf this isn't mine" and lose its shit :lol: 

if there was an issue such as a typo in the rotation the server will crash and need rebooting. If the map is on the server and not in rotation then it goes right over it.

For example over in CoD2 we have a map called Tobruk. in the rotation it's mp_tobruk. If I typed that wrong in the rotation like mp_tbruk it would crash. If I didn't include the map in the rotation at all it would skip the map as it does now. 

Can it be a solution, that the smaller file needed to get it to work, to combine the servers together? I have worked on the servers to that stuff and that one smaller file need to be in and that reads the maps. Gosh, what is that filed called again. It had his other extention, I bet a "ff" file or something?

Merge that file with the other servers or even put that and all maps on all servers. The level rotation asks the rotation file command and what maps to be used and what Game Modes, And should be no problem to share all files and maps together? Maybe I am thinking too simple now ;)

/Edit: @Ruggerxiwould this be an idea, or do we pay for the storage too? If it works though. 

Edited by X-RayXI

2 minutes ago, X-RayXI said:

Can it be a solution, that the smaller file needed to get it to work, to combine the servers together? I have worked on the servers to that stuff and that one smaller file need to be in and that reads the maps. Gosh, what is that filed called again. It had his other extention, I bet a "ff" file or something?

Merge that file with the other servers or even put that and all maps on all servers. The level rotation asks the rotation file command and what maps to be used and what Game Modes, And should be no problem to share all files and maps together? Maybe I am thinking too simple now ;)

/Edit: @Ruggerxiwould this be an idea, or do we pay for the storage too? If it works though. 

oh okay that's an interesting point. I'll look at seeing what I can do when throwing together the new TDM rotation for Cod2. Which I have more time to do now I've broken my arm :lol: 

1 minute ago, PainKiller said:

oh okay that's an interesting point. I'll look at seeing what I can do when throwing together the new TDM rotation for Cod2. Which I have more time to do now I've broken my arm :lol: 

You, have a wonderful nick-name and pretty sure you can fix this pain ;)
Yeap, I have worked on COD2 servers for us too. I started that when I joined >XI< for the EU part of >XI< in 2007. Was and is a puzzle to do and one slip up, edits needed. It is the FF file right?

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1065
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8394
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74551
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

1 hour ago, ShaunZAR said:

Wanting to connect to WAW FT, But i'm getting this error? 

Other servers are running fine.. Been working fine forever?!!?

IMG_20190814_185751.jpg

Hey Shaun.  Will check the server and redirect when I get home.  The map has been there before but perhaps when I uploaded the map to the server, something happened and is now different than what is on the redirect.

2 minutes ago, Merlin007 said:

Hey Shaun.  Will check the server and redirect when I get home.  The map has been there before but perhaps when I uploaded the map to the server, something happened and is now different than what is on the redirect.

Hmm, thinking about it, him impure client? I have to write that down.... 
(just kidding Shaun)

@Merlin007How about that merging stuff I mention. If we run one map on two servers by the level rotation and share the IWD's . The check is not there as the rotation cfg is not in the package. 

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

Merlin got it right sometimes when you download then upload the new map rotation to the redirect it drops a few bytes :( Merlin just has to send a fresh copy of that map to the redirect. So noboby should delete the map till the second time around. @ShaunZAR the reason the server started and ran like a top was it resets the map rotation to the first map. Next time the bad map comes into play you would get the same error. Something the admins should watch for when new rotations come into effect. Make Merlins life easy get the name of the map either the one it crashed on or the one you were playing. 

How about that merging stuff I mention. If we run one map on two servers by the level rotation and share the IWD's . The check is not there as the rotation cfg is not in the package. 

The game does not quite work that way. What happens is the server tells the client what map to play and the client plays the map. The only thing the server does with the actual map file is tell the client where to get it if the client does not have it. And if the server is pure as ours are is compare the files for security reason. This time the server found the clients map file was not the same as the one it has. So impure client. What the server does not know is it has the wrong file not the client. 

This is also one of the reasons the game crashes when you do not have the map. It tells the client where and then sends that client off to go get it. There is a problem with the server and the client handshaking on that task. AND BOOM ya crash most of the time.

1 hour ago, Labob said:

How about that merging stuff I mention. If we run one map on two servers by the level rotation and share the IWD's . The check is not there as the rotation cfg is not in the package. 

The game does not quite work that way. What happens is the server tells the client what map to play and the client plays the map. The only thing the server does with the actual map file is tell the client where to get it if the client does not have it. And if the server is pure as ours are is compare the files for security reason. This time the server found the clients map file was not the same as the one it has. So impure client. What the server does not know is it has the wrong file not the client. 

This is also one of the reasons the game crashes when you do not have the map. It tells the client where and then sends that client off to go get it. There is a problem with the server and the client handshaking on that task. AND BOOM ya crash most of the time.

On one server with all the maps *=(and or shared with other server).  
I can not remember that I had to remove/delete one map/level. You grab all there is of the root, and you make that the IWDs with the FF file. All maps combined you make it, from what I did. From there, to the redirect.

*=all IWDs into that ZIP file (so called IWD) and drag the FF file over. Two servers, all the maps and control that by the rotation cfg.  

It is nothing more as in:

1a.iwd
1b.iwd
1c.iwd
z.ff

something like that and keep the files like 30Mb. 

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

That happens to me on COD4 when a map version doesn't match what's on the server.  Some times it won't download the version that the server is running because it shows that you all-ready have it.  Even though the version might be different the file names and file size are probably the same.   

Easiest way to fix it is to go into your mods/user map folder and Delete the (in your case) mp_supply_depot map folder. And let it download the whole map again.

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1065
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8394
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74551
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

DM2 had a rotation file error, my fault.  I thought I swapped the a map out and didn't and didn't have the corresponding map on the server.  Once DM2 is rebooted, problem solved.

FT had a map issue in which the upload to the game server didn't happen correctly and was missing the iwd.  Map re-loaded so all should be good now in FT land.

@X-RayXI As @Labob said, not aware of a way to combine map files.  The rotation config looks for a map file of the correct exact name so if not there or mis-spelled, the server will halt and not rotate.  Is a neat concept though.  Thanks for the suggestion.

14 hours ago, X-RayXI said:

You, have a wonderful nick-name and pretty sure you can fix this pain ;)
Yeap, I have worked on COD2 servers for us too. I started that when I joined >XI< for the EU part of >XI< in 2007. Was and is a puzzle to do and one slip up, edits needed. It is the FF file right?

I think it is but the maps are broken into FF files and .arena files, it's still something I am learning with Loader and I've made my fair share of slip ups and editing has been needed. Even though the system may seem rudimentary it still works. Which reminds me, Loader has been having trouble getting into the redirect so we can't sort out maps and rotations - have you had any issues?

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Just had 1 last night. Was playing on ESC server for a bit and then went back to XI server and the same map was playing oddly enough lol.

The map loaded up fine but at the end of the round I got DCed with a Invalid .IWD file error.   Joined back and seen that no one else but me DCed. Played a bit more then got DCed again. Same error.   So I went and deleted that map folder and re-downloaded it. Works fine now. But I'll have to do delete and re-download every time it's on ESCs server. :( 

The Strange thing is that they are different mods. I don't get why it would cause an error.  @Sammy Do you have any idea why it would do that? 

Mods are mods and map files are map files. The two never touch so to speak. It could be they have changed there ver of the map added something to the iwd like a custom image. The odds of you playing the same map on two different servers are big. I'd keep the one that works on our server and see if it ever happens again.  You can also delete the mod folder and get a fresh one when you join the server again. It doesn't haRM ANYTHING. And you get a fresh copy of the mod . 

• Member ID:  22461
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1186
  • Birthday:  09/08/1955