Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

I love being the defending team.

Alphanoob

• Member ID:  27909
  • Group:  ++ Insurgency Admin
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  495
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Is it just me or do I love being the defender on every push map I am in? 

I did not like to be the attacker, maybe because I am not skilled enough. I only learn recenty after playing almost 500+ hours on how to pre-aim and pre-fire my weapons. Also, I happen to fumble a lot with smokes, with them not landing where I want them too or feeling that "I wanna go fast" before even the smoke sets in and more often results in me getting a headshot.
I also noticed that I am often the only one bringing the smokes. The rest just wants to frag a lot or brings a highy upgraded weapon as an attacker. 

Do you think that maps feel a bit unbalanced? I am happy Sinjar isn't in the xtremeidiots#2 server. I never like that map, too boring for the defender when no one managed to capture A and too unfair for the attacker because they have to run long and uphill  with snipers on the right side and frag throwers on the other side.  That is also one of the only reasons why I want to be on that server. 

Awards

• Member ID:  26415
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  2021
  • Birthday:  05/28/1996

Some maps are terrible for attacking, some are terrible for defending.

I love attacking on Market for example but I hate defending on it. Same with District.

If I have to dislike the map I am defending than I think it would be District aswell.  There are too many moments in where the enemy just can spawnkill you easy. 

One of the most nasty situation I had to witness was when a whole team got wiped out by a combination of a IED and a few AK-74 gunners when A was being taken. 

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  24836
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  202
  • Device:  Android

alphanoob can you show me the ways of defending? after 1300 hours i still haven't mastered it. or maybe i'm just to impatient to just camp a corner for 5 mins

Awards

• Member ID:  24836
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  202
  • Device:  Android

all the cool kids play on attacking

Awards

• Member ID:  27916
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  389
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  2486
  • Device:  Windows

I believe one of the compelling features of the game that keeps one playing Insurgency is the various team specialities and the attack versus defend roles. If you stick with the same squad role e.g Sniper on defense you fall into a comfort zone that gets you points but loses you the randomness that makes the game interesting. For example on Tell defense I always grab an AK, 3 grenades and toss them toward the attackers and usually score loads of nade kills. I never play demo or rocket man or several of the other roles ( if i have a choice). However when i first join and have to be a sniper I hate it but I learn new stuff....and that what keeps me coming back.  I do agree that some of the maps are frustrating when you are on the wrong side of the equation, and I do have preference on which side I want to be on certain maps, But hey its all part of the challenge.    

9 hours ago, swiss_guard said:

alphanoob can you show me the ways of defending? after 1300 hours i still haven't mastered it. or maybe i'm just to impatient to just camp a corner for 5 mins

With defening. You need to know how you wanna defend. If you are a impatient fellow, you may wanna adopt this "attack is best defence" mentallity and go light weight with a smg and frag or molotov. With the right setup you can go zoom zoom around the map and kill your enemy team when they least expect you. I did that a couple of times and it is rather fun shooting the attackers in their back or even knife them. ?

Edited by Alphanoob

Awards

2 hours ago, Snap said:

I believe one of the compelling features of the game that keeps one playing Insurgency is the various team specialities and the attack versus defend roles. If you stick with the same squad role e.g Sniper on defense you fall into a comfort zone that gets you points but loses you the randomness that makes the game interesting. For example on Tell defense I always grab an AK, 3 grenades and toss them toward the attackers and usually score loads of nade kills. I never play demo or rocket man or several of the other roles ( if i have a choice). However when i first join and have to be a sniper I hate it but I learn new stuff....and that what keeps me coming back.  I do agree that some of the maps are frustrating when you are on the wrong side of the equation, and I do have preference on which side I want to be on certain maps, But hey its all part of the challenge.    

Well, ever since I am playing on the XI servers I am slowly realizing the very thing you are saying. I guess I was in the past all about "I play to win." But my girlfriend is telling me to let that go and enjoy the game for once. Steaming is a good way to enjoy my games more and being way less in this "I wanna win or else I cry." mentallity.  I start to finally opening myself up to te randomness of the game you described. ?

Edited by Alphanoob

Awards