Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Other Game Ban Appeal

• Member ID:  27929
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  36
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

This appeal and its replies are in a public forum and can be seen by all.

1. What game did you get banned from?: Insurgency
  2. What server were you banned from?: >XI< Xrtremediots.com #2
  3. When did you get banned?: 8/30/2019 5:45PM
  4. What was your in-game name?: SirHumanoid
  5. What is your game GUID (if known):
  6. Why do you think you were banned?:

Hello,

_Derxos claimed I was glitching.  The map was 'Tell'.

I have been playing on your servers for a few years now and am a daily visitor. Play with a lot of your other admins as well. It happened to be the first time I was playing with _Derxos.

I was using a tactic I have been using as a sniper for years. It was the first time I got called by anyone for doing it. I wasn't sure what he was talking about so I told him I will do the suspected action again to see if he thinks that I am glitching. I couldn't believe that what I have been doing for years is suddenly glitching. So I took up my position again and asked _Derxos over the mic if he thinks what I am doing is glitching. Lo and behold, he banned me.

I was seeing him move to spectator time and time again which I guess he wanted to see if he could find anyone doing anything wrong. Upon not finding anyone for a while, I guess he decided to ban me for an action which on no account would anywhere be considered glitching. If you ask me, he was just getting a bit trigger happy with the ban button.

I like playing on XI servers. Kindly remove my ban. All your other admins are all Chill and accommodating. They are very good at their game and respond promptly. _Derxos is the exception. Next time I'll make sure to not play on a server he happens to be on.

Thanks,
    SirHumanoid

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14303
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996
  • Device:  Windows

Thanks for the ban appeal

We will discuss it with the admins and get back to you asap

-Barron

• Member ID:  26869
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  215
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  1674
  • Birthday:  02/17/1998

ok but what were you doing, mind showing us ? ?

• Member ID:  26697
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  1285
  • Days Won:  1

I imagined you would appeal your ban. So one other player told me what you were doing and I spectated you. You were glitching, as in hiding behind the wall in a way that other players could not see you, but you could shoot them. I warned you and you brushed it off. I warned you again, and that time you didn't respond. Then I banned you for a week and provided a concrete reason why. I understand that sometimes I can be unpleasant and that is my problem to work on, but what you were doing was against the rules of the server and had nothing to do with my disposition. I would be more than happy to lift your ban if you say here and now that you will not repeat your actions and recognize that what you were doing was dickish

Edited by _derXos_

• Member ID:  26415
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  2021
  • Birthday:  05/28/1996

After reviewing what went down we decided to reduce your ban to 3 days since it's your first offense and it appears you can't shoot through the wall Derxos spotted you glitching.

However, your ban was not entirely lifted because with that glitch you could spot and track enemies through a wall with them not being able to see you and that's not allowed. 

Any future offenses of this kind will result in a permanent ban.

If you have any questions feel free to join us on Discord and we can talk about it.

Edited by Daemon

Reply to all:

Barron: Thanks

Chips: Don't know how man. lol

_derXos: Yes. I would definitely appeal a wrongful ban. And please don't misconstrue facts. You told me once not to glitch at which point I was confused what you mean by me glitching. After you told me, I said I will repeat my action and ask you if that's what you mean by glitching. I repeated my action, asked over the mic if that is what you mean by glitching so instead of letting me know yes or no, you proceeded to ban me. That is not the right way to go about it, my friend. SlickTuna got me in that exact spot 3 times before someone from my team got him with an AT4 at the end of the street and I took up my position. That means, I was very visible to anyone looking at me from the end of the street. In no way was I behind any wall whatsoever. This is no glitch. To claim I was being 'dickish' is to admit fault and utilizing a glitch which I was at no point doing. I will not apologize or feel sorry for completely honest gameplay even if it means a lifetime ban. Why should I be sorry for something I didn't do? That's inane...

Daemon: You know me from quite a while. I am a very average player, neither too good nor too bad. (However I have got you a few times :P) I play for fun not to win. I was neither glitching peeping through walls for enemy movements neither was I shooting from a position where I was shooting through walls, which as you yourself claim cannot be done. I was hanging off a ledge with my head open. If I was glitching SlickTuna would not have gotten me 3 times. In fact, I asked DragonBorn to AT4 the end of the street to get rid of SlickTuna so I could take up my position.

In short, no. I was not glitching at all. I will admit that I have glitched once in 'Contact' and that too, only for a couple of kills, but that was it. I don't care about the ban, however I want to make it clear that I am a fair player. This ban is unfair for something which is part the gameplay and I stick to the fact that I was not glitching in any way and in no way was my behavior 'dickish'. 

Thanks,
SirHumanoid

• Member ID:  26697
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  1285
  • Days Won:  1

image.thumb.png.1b8117c38956b3a211257df6fcdd41ff.png

As you can see here I told you 2 times over text chat and 2 times over voice chat. I do not remember you asking me that question, I'm sorry, there is a lot of noise in the game and you could have asked that question in text form. I banned you because after telling you a couple of times not to to that, you went to the same spot (maybe to check if that is the spot in question, maybe not). Also, Daemon and myself recreated the scenario today and you are completely invisible in that spot, so if anyone is misconstruing facts, it's you.  Also. may I ask this question: If you can see through a wall in a certain position, do you not ask yourself "am I doing something wrong here?" The fact that you were caught doing that is the reason you are upset. I have no personal vendetta against you and would never ban someone for something they did not do. Also, your behavior was witnessed by another, experienced player who alerted me to it and he also described it as glitching.  

Also, when you say "I was glitching on another map, but only for a couple of kills", do you think that makes it okay? The fact that you, by your own admission, know what glitching is and did it before and did it again here, at least for me, makes the 3 day ban legitimate. 

I forgot to mention that while spectating you, I could see that you were looking through the wall. 

"I will admit that I have glitched once in 'Contact' and that too, only for a couple of kills, but that was it. I don't care about the ban, however I want to make it clear that I am a fair player. " Does that sound like being fair? 

Edited by _derXos_

_derXos_: It is impossible for anyone to read text messages while they are scoped and looking for heads to pop up from behind corners. And my admission of glitching in Contact is not an admission of a guilt  knowing it is wrong rather it is an admission of a wrongdoing which one has committed in ignorance. And the spot in Contact that I am referring to is where the rear entrance to Bravo faces the shop and I was prone behind the Aluminum lower part of the glass doors. And you can shoot through Aluminum in real life. So I don't know if that constitutes as glitching. Whether it's glitching or not is debatable, but I haven't done it since that one time. 

And if you wish to recreate that scenario, then do it with me whereby it will become clear how SlickTuna was able to get me in that spot 3 times in a row. I am very visible that's why he was able to get me.

But now, we are just delving into arguments of he said she said. If it's a 3 day ban, so be it. I still consider it unfair the circumstances under which I was banned.

Edited by SirHumanoid

• Member ID:  133
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  77
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6882
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  44077
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  12/12/1971
  • Device:  Windows

I think that;

1. _derXos_ did not notice or would have responded.
2. You have been warned and did you get a response from _derXos_  before taking a "Glitch" test?
I for one, would not try something if there was yet no agreement.

Anyways, the ban is indeed a temp ban. Indeed a game can catch you up on focus.
Plus, from ingame to Spectate and back, can cause a delay. Or a quick brake. 

Pretty sure this be handled that right way and welcome to our forums SirHumanoid.