Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Getting into COD4

Alphanoob

• Member ID:  27909
  • Group:  ++ Insurgency Admin
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  495
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

HI guys. 

I have been playing Insurgency (both versions)  a lot but I think it is time for me to start expaning my horizons.

I have a few (somewhat common) questions, does COD4 have the same learning curve as Insurgency? And Is COD4 fast paced as Insurgency? 
And were lies the focus on COD4? I noticed that next of capping objectives COD4 requires a good, decent and clean  communication, more than in Insurgency. 

Anyway, do you think that for a insurgnecy player that COD4 is a good option?

Awards

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45176
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  Macintosh

Many folks who play insurgency have played COD4.  It's definitely more run and gun, less overall strategy.  As far as fast paced it depends on the server, map and who's in but  can be very much so.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972
  • Device:  Windows

No Don't do it. 

JK lol. COD4 can be fast paced if you want it to be. Or you can camp like a little beech on every map.

2 of our COD4 servers are running Freezetag mod. It's Team Death Match but you get frozen when you die and you can be unfrozen by other players on your team. There are ALOT more maps and mods for COD4 than there are for Insurgency.  We have COD4 Ace Mod server if that's to slow for you. It's a Very Very fast paced team death match mod. We also have a Zombie mod server and a cool new Hide and Seek mod server.    

• Member ID:  2208
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  301
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3601
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37500
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963

depends on which mod you play

• Member ID:  24295
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

The COD4 servers are run and gun, spray and pray, blow shit up and knives. cars that climb walls, ladders, drive through houses and buildings, ya know very realistic LOL

Do not kill a lot because you will read on these forums, how'd he know I was there? You will get called out as a cheater because you are not a member...LOL hahahhahahhahah

You will then read all the whining about how some older than dirt members saying they are not having fun because they die a lot LOL hahhahahha

• Member ID:  26764
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  8104

On 9/3/2019 at 2:26 AM, Alphanoob said:

HI guys. 

I have been playing Insurgency (both versions)  a lot but I think it is time for me to start expaning my horizons.

I have a few (somewhat common) questions, does COD4 have the same learning curve as Insurgency? And Is COD4 fast paced as Insurgency? 
And were lies the focus on COD4? I noticed that next of capping objectives COD4 requires a good, decent and clean  communication, more than in Insurgency. 

@Alphanoob I have played on both games and I know for a fact you would enjoy cod4. We are always on Teamspeak and we can help you get setup in game if you have any issues. The game is more than just running around spraying and praying. hit me up on teamspeak. 

• Member ID:  26764
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  8104

16 hours ago, Angelz said:

The COD4 servers are run and gun, spray and pray, blow shit up and knives. cars that climb walls, ladders, drive through houses and buildings, ya know very realistic LOL

Do not kill a lot because you will read on these forums, how'd he know I was there? You will get called out as a cheater because you are not a member...LOL hahahhahahhahah

You will then read all the whining about how some older than dirt members saying they are not having fun because they die a lot LOL hahhahahha

Why do you find a constant need to bash our clan and our servers? You are not a member here you are a guest. Here is a person trying to play on another format and instead of encouraging him to try it you bash it, the server and its players. PLease keep these type of negative comments to yourself. 

Oh and its a game. Yes its not realistic. When you get shot in real life it hurts and you don't get to respawn. 

• Member ID:  24842
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1411
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  14715
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  09/12/1989

On 9/3/2019 at 9:26 AM, Alphanoob said:

HI guys. 

The focus lies on ignoring the excessive whining and crying of @TheHammer and @wildthing. After playing cod4 for about 10+ years and about 2+ on XI servers i still find it a learning curve as well, since I never seem to get used to it :cheers:

Welcome anyway! :cheers:

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

1 hour ago, Sixgun said:

Why do you find a constant need to bash our clan and our servers? You are not a member here you are a guest. Here is a person trying to play on another format and instead of encouraging him to try it you bash it, the server and its players. PLease keep these type of negative comments to yourself. 

Oh and its a game. Yes its not realistic. When you get shot in real life it hurts and you don't get to respawn. 

I can't read her drivel because shes on my banned list (only one) but I can imagine what she said, well said Sixgun, more should ban her negativity about our clan

• Member ID:  2995
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  690
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  4428
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Achievement Points:  48513
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  02/13/1966
  • Device:  Linux

@Alphanoob, COD4 is a game that came out a long time ago, yet it is one of, if not our most populated server just about 24/7.  You should definitely give it a try, and like @Sixgunsaid, there are plenty of us around on teamspeak to help you out with settings, game play, questions, etc.  We always have a great time playing, there are several mods to choose from, and would welcome you as an addition to our COD4 servers :) 

1 hour ago, Sixgun said:

Why would I bash a community I have a lot of respect for?

I was joking..hense all the LOL hahahhahhahahhahahahha

Unfortunately type talking doesn't show the emotion behind the words.

I have a sarcastic dry sense of humor.

Sorry if peeps take it the wrong way.

23 minutes ago, RobMc said:

I can't read her drivel because shes on my banned list (only one) but I can imagine what she said, well said Sixgun, more should ban her negativity about our clan

With all the shit you have dealt to me for over a year I have not said one word to you on these forums. You do it to me all the time and I just laughed it off. I pm'd you once to tell you I did not like what you said about me in a comment. I felt like you made me seem like a whore. Your reply to me is bashing me and banning me. I have done nothing to you but I can deal with peeps like you. I just shrug it off.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

2 hours ago, Sourtap said:

The focus lies on ignoring the excessive whining and crying of @TheHammer and @wildthing. After playing cod4 for about 10+ years and about 2+ on XI servers i still find it a learning curve as well, since I never seem to get used to it :cheers:

Welcome anyway! :cheers:

WTF @Sourtap  Wildthing never cries.  He's the Great Idiot motivator.  Suck it up Buttercup.  Move your ass soldier. 

• Member ID:  27909
  • Group:  ++ Insurgency Admin
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  495
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/4/2019 at 3:28 PM, Sixgun said:

@Alphanoob I have played on both games and I know for a fact you would enjoy cod4. We are always on Teamspeak and we can help you get setup in game if you have any issues. The game is more than just running around spraying and praying. hit me up on teamspeak. 

Cool!! thanks a lot for your reply. I am sorry I had replied a bit late. If I have COD4 installed I will let you know ?

As for the other positive and constructive commenters. thanks a lot for all your replies. ?

Awards