Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Tackling up for October trip

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  6082
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  50713
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Windows

Greetings.

We thought it would be a good idea to go away for a short break to celebrate my resurrection, a year ago on 1 October (for any scratching their heads and saying "WTF?", this was when I suffered two cardiac arrests and died.  The clever medics at the district hospital zapped me and brought me back to life and then I had major surgery in London).  She knew fishing would have to feature so agreed to the hire of a little cottage on a farm in the West Country that has four fishing lakes in the grounds.

I am a bit of a fan of Shimano tackle (yes, the pricy brand) so saw an opportunity to buy another rod.  This time, I have bought a 2.70m (9 feet) Winkle Picker with three tips from 0.5oz to 1.5oz.  I have some little cage swimfeeders to use with this and will respool the Shimano baitrunner reels with suitably strong line.  The farmer has carp in excess of 20lbs stocked in at least one of the lakes so I may manage a new PB!  I'm taking a selection of groundbaits and additives down.  The Cats Meat Gravy stinks and the fish love it!  I hope to be posting some fishy pictures in due course (middle of next month).

• Member ID:  54
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  492
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4486
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  31891
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/17/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

Enjoy m8

Awards

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

I'm a Shimano man Keg,bait casters and open face reels.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

Great to hear Deejaykeg, hope you catch plenty but whatever you will enjoy, never give up, following my accident two years ago I too have had a long road to recovery, I have resigned myself to the fact that I can't walk without a stick, and can't walk far. I have been a lifelong fisherman, all over the world, and as an outdoors man have returned to this as one of the few things I can do (tried to go back to Clay pigeon but can't stand long enough). Lucky me lives a mile as the crow flies from one of the best carp and pike lakes locally, a change from my normal trout and salmon which I will never do again sadly, but how to get safely round the lake??, then I found this, the worlds most powerful mobility scooter and hey ho I'm out again this afternoon, but I still have to be careful I don't fall. Normal scooters have dc motors around 300-400 w, this has a 3500w ac motor, independent suspension, off road tyres, uprated batteries and is waterproof, new with this spec it's £8100 (10,000 usd) but I got a demonstrator with 7 miles on the clock for £6500, and rigged it up for fishing.

So far I've had a 10lb carp and a 14 lb pike but there are fish a lot bigger there, so eat your hearts out @Yaccster, @Angu5 and @Hotrod66 this is the way to go boys and it is quick lol.

ps that horrible looking car is one of my wifes cars, girlie beyond belief

SD531925.JPG

Photo0011.jpg

Edited by RobMc

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

ps @AyaqGuyaq my buddy looking for sponsorship to install charging points every 30 miles along route to visit you my friend, can't see any problems???

• Member ID:  3773
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:27 AM, RobMc said:

Great to hear Deejaykeg, hope you catch plenty but whatever you will enjoy, never give up, following my accident two years ago I too have had a long road to recovery, I have resigned myself to the fact that I can't walk without a stick, and can't walk far. I have been a lifelong fisherman, all over the world, and as an outdoors man have returned to this as one of the few things I can do (tried to go back to Clay pigeon but can't stand long enough). Lucky me lives a mile as the crow flies from one of the best carp and pike lakes locally, a change from my normal trout and salmon which I will never do again sadly, but how to get safely round the lake??, then I found this, the worlds most powerful mobility scooter and hey ho I'm out again this afternoon, but I still have to be careful I don't fall. Normal scooters have dc motors around 300-400 w, this has a 3500w ac motor, independent suspension, off road tyres, uprated batteries and is waterproof, new with this spec it's £8100 (10,000 usd) but I got a demonstrator with 7 miles on the clock for £6500, and rigged it up for fishing.

So far I've had a 10lb carp and a 14 lb pike but there are fish a lot bigger there, so eat your hearts out @Yaccster, @Angu5 and @Hotrod66 this is the way to go boys and it is quick lol.

ps that horrible looking car is one of my wifes cars, girlie beyond belief

SD531925.JPG

Photo0011.jpg

Sweet ride, buddy!!!

All you have to do it put paddle-tires on your rig, mount it on your Union-Jack sail-equipped catamaran (with flexible solar panels on the opposite side of your flag to power your battery), and you'll be littering the Panama Canal with empty beer cans in about 1.5 weeks (U.S., 1.2 weeks British-pounds . . .).

Lol.  Ayaq