Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Why I Refunded the New MW as of now

Souleater

• Member ID:  26965
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  345
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

Here I am just going to list some points of why I canceled/refunded my preorder of MW 2019, then I'm going to go into detail into my contentions.

1. PS4 Exclus. for survival

2. No clear stance on mtx/lootboxes

3. Most of the things the COD community is hyped for is mostly through leaks

1. Ps4 Exclus. for survival

As you might heard, the well loved survival mode for the new MW is being restricted for ps4 for a whole year. A lot of you might not care, but with the new crossplay, I was seriously hyped to play with friends who don't own a good pc and rather play on console. The last time I played something remotely in the survival genre was Titanfall 2 last played 2017. While having ps4 exclusivity for a few days might not have been such a huge letdown, having it exclusive for a whole entire year is what makes it so mind-blowing. Honestly, by the time survival mode comes to PC and XBOX, the new COD would've started or finished its beta and on the verge of being released. Since I am a huge fan of survival co-op, this had a huge impact on my refund.

2. No clear stance on mtx/lootboxes

For those who don't know about BO4. It started out very well, marketing was done well, everyone was hyped, and then the paywalls were made. Activision, in my opinion, does not come to support the player but rather milk them. I have a similar saying back in Korea, which has most of its games being gacha/cash grabs, that companies only fall down their knees if one has more money. My thought process on this is that while the new MW will initially not have game breaking guns in lootboxes, it will happen in the following months after reviews are published because Acitivision has made their money from launch sales and preorders. We do know its going to happen sooner or later as long as mtx and lootboxes are legal in video games. Overall, this had the most impact on my refund because I don't want to spend extra money on a game I bought for $60.

3. Most of the things the COD community is hyped for is mostly through leaks

Honestly, if a leaker puts out consistently correct data, then we tend to trust them. But in the end, leaks are leaks. They might be true, they might be false because they haven't been verified by the developers. If it is, then its no longer a leak, its news from a developer announcement. I've grown up in a society where you shouldn't believe everything that there is. In my home country, people are still being stalked through hidden cameras, shady buisness dealings are still occuring, the school system is corrupt and bribed to no end, and people are dying from the simplest lies. So no, I do not trust that the new MW will bring back reinforce, gun game, and etc as a always available playlist like BF 4 but rather as a temp playlist like BO4 in order to "save server space". Honestly, I was hyped, I was hyped for the campaign, the Spec Ops, the new game modes, and the survival. But with Activision behind the scenes, I don't know if I can trust the new COD to live up to its standards.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk. (english isn't my native language so help me out with any grammar/spelling issues)

Awards

• Member ID:  26443
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50670
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

Eh, we'll see.  Can't be any worse than the titles since COD4.

• Member ID:  22372
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

I was going to get it but I gota hold off until they figure out wtf there doing. Activision have not confirmed or denied anything as of yet.