Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® A message from the Call of Duty team.

Dessy

• Member ID:  22372
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976
  • Device:  Windows

large.901159448_Aantekening2019-10-19092

Source: by Call of Duty Staff on October 17, 2019

A message from the Call of Duty team.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is almost here. From the moment this project began three years ago, the energy has been extraordinary. 

We’ve set our sights on not only creating the best game possible this year, but also on breaking down walls and bringing the community together. Starting with Modern Warfare, we will be:

·      Introducing crossplay to unite the community across platforms for the first time.

·      Removing Season Pass and a la carte DLC multiplayer map packs to ensure everyone can play together.

·      Delivering free post-launch multiplayer maps and modes for all players.

·      Releasing post-launch multiplayer maps and modes simultaneously on all platforms.

We are excited about what these changes will bring to Call of Duty players. That said, we also recognize there is one more topic that many fans are interested to learn more about.

Today, let’s address the basics for the in-game economy coming in Modern Warfare.

·      We are introducing a new Battle Pass system, not a loot box system.

·      All functional content that has an impact on game balance, such as base weapons and attachments, can be unlocked simply by playing the game.

·      The new Battle Pass system will allow players to see the content that they are earning or buying.  Battle Passes will launch timed to new, post-launch live seasons, so you can unlock cool new Modern Warfare-themed content that matches each season.

·      With the new Battle Pass system, players will be able to earn COD Points by playing the game. 

·      There will be both a Free Stream and a Premium Stream of content in the Battle Pass System in Modern Warfare. New base weapons will be earned through gameplay, simply by playing Modern Warfare. Functional attachments for base weapons can be unlocked through gameplay as well just like in the game’s Beta.

·      The Battle Pass and the In-Game Store will feature a variety of cosmetic content that does not impact game balance.

The Battle Pass System for Modern Warfare will not launch when the game releases on October 25th. Here’s why: First and foremost, we are all focused on making the Day One experience awesome. Second, it’s important to us that everyone who is playing Modern Warfare has the chance to work their way through the new game and unlock all the rewards that are waiting for you. We expect to launch this system for Modern Warfare later this year.

Understandably there are still questions around how the economy will evolve throughout the post-launch, live seasons. We recognize this will take time to fully demonstrate. Please know we are committed to delivering a fair system guided by the principles we’ve outlined here, and will continue to monitor feedback and player engagement to help us achieve that goal.

Please look for more information on the live seasons and post-release content plans for Modern Warfare throughout the year and beyond. 

We are looking forward to playing in just a few days.

Thank you.

Edited by Dessy

• Member ID:  375
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  92
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4062
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  37131
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  06/01/1970

• Member ID:  85
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3113
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1973
  • Device:  Macintosh

I like how they refer to getting more money as "In game economy".  I do like that they have realized that buying weapons and enhancements destroys the game for those of us who work, in game, to earn those items.  It seems there is a shift back to what has actually worked in the past. 

I have not purchased a COD game since Black Ops, due to the lies from Activision regarding customization.  I know there will be no custom maps for the new release, but at least it is know up front.  Activision can eat a dick.

I played the demo and had a blast.  I am looking forward to KILLING YOU ALL starting October 25!

• Member ID:  375
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  92
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4062
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  37131
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  06/01/1970

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422

Hoping nothing important comes up that I have to do, cause I've blocked off opening weekend all or this game!!!  Whoop whoop.  See you in the maps!  :scooter::2guns:

• Member ID:  221
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1864
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Achievement Points:  12302
  • Birthday:  06/10/1967

Of course I have to work a lot this weekend . But  will be on as much as possible 

• Member ID:  1144
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  252
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1932
  • Birthday:  08/30/1993

this weekend that is all I will be doing I look forward to killing you all

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

On 10/20/2019 at 5:42 PM, Majbasil said:

Hoping nothing important comes up that I have to do, cause I've blocked off opening weekend all or this game!!!  Whoop whoop.  See you in the maps!  :scooter::2guns:

join us on ts basil when you can  drop down to the modernwarfare 2019  channel