Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Calling all musicians new and old !!

Streetcleaner

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1744
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15647
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Device:  Windows

9 hours ago, Labob said:

Not quite its fun true but I do it to help stave off arthritis in my hands. It also really helps with fighting  alzheimer . The fun side is playing a song ya really love. My rule is twenty campfire songs with a little flare though.

P.S. I'm trying to find some time to record a bit I will add it when I do :0 

I didn't know that about Alzheimers ....isn't that what Glen Cambell had? I remember someone saying that because of his guitar playing, it helped him stave the worst parts of it off for a while longer than normal people...or something like that....also, looking forward to hearing you jam....keep on strummin'  :guitar:

14 hours ago, WSMFreak said:

Great job all of you this all sounds good to me , ive just got myself a SG copy to play after not playing for a long time and im loving it again very rusty and need some good thrashing out to get my fingers working again but hay its all about the enjoyment of playing right ? .

Nice to see all this music loving keep it up everyone.

The main point is that you picked it back up !! I stopped playing for at least 10 years because of children,family,work,...and kinda feeling....I don't know...disconnected from the music scene and what was popular on the radio....then in mid 2015 I met someone who motivated me to pick it back up....when I did though, it was on an acoustic ...a fender jr. made for beginning kids but a guitar none the less ...my amp was still in mothballs and needed major overhaul and my electrics were in their cases still and needed some love, so until I had the money...it was that acoustic which I played the hell out of.....Now I have all my stuff back and more....the point of this story is you started again....baby steps my friend and just pick it up every day and noodle around....:guitar:

On 10/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, WldPenguin said:

@Streetcleaner, any suggestions or advice is welcome......I'm just getting into recording, so I don't know all that much yet :) 

Okay WP Here is a video of the vocal pedal.... also check out Toontracks EZKeys

Edited by Streetcleaner

• Member ID:  25026
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  530
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  7122
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, Streetcleaner said:

Salutations to all !!

A post I did earlier on what got you started playing your particular instrument a band,a song a person etc.....and asked for some stories and received some good ones from Stormcrow and Wyld Penguin and others ...it was cool to hear the stories and I would like to hear more.

then Stormcrow posted him jammin' to MONSTER TRUCK !!  it was cool to watch ...so I had an idea to have people either post a video or a recording of some kind,Hell I post videos that I filmed with my phone !! so that works too or an MP3 like I am going to do, so I hope it works because anyone who knows me, knows I am lost when it comes to PC's .I'm learning though. Oh, btw, all the guitars ,bass,and drums were all done on my PC by me (so if I can do this).... I played everything but was recorded through my PC with programs for the drums (EZDRUMMER2) and (Positive Grid Amp Bias 2 for my guitar tones and Bass tones ).I use my real amp as well but not on this one, it's a ...What I cal,l a finished 1st run demo, all the parts are what they will be except for the solos.That is what this track is for,for solo ideas. I just hit record and play......listen....take the parts out I like or where it works in the song......the real solo will only be less than 30 seconds I believe.....lol...but I didn't want to bore you with just a dry run track with no vocals and very little solos...oh yeah dry run, means, no nothing, on anything...no compression on drums or bass no EQ no effects except some reverb on lead and rhythm guitar tracks, cymbals are not how I want them blah blah blah ......What I want, is any musician beginner or veteran or weekend player to porch jammer I don;t care how good or bad you are,this isn't a pissing contest,sorry woman for the language....  So let's see or hear you .jammin' to a favorite song or an original,anything !!

I'll start it off by hanging my ..Uh hum.....out there for all to hear...I normally don't like or do this..........so here it is...the eventual name of the song will be "when is it my turn?" :guitar:

My Turn.mp3 3.51 MB · 23 downloads

I was a musician for years before becoming a cop. Drums, keys (acoustic piano, synth), clarinet, guitar ... 

It's all been lost to time and music stores for resale EXCEPT for my Korg DW8000 synthesizer, my Fender Strat and I think I still have one clarinet laying around somewhere.

Over time, I was inspired by virtually all styles of music from classical to ethnic to rock to industrial.

Some of my favs were/are: AC/DC, Jan Hammer, NIN, The Smiths, The Cult, Tom Petty and a ton of 60's and 70's rock and roll oldies. 

I got to meet Ron Wood once at a family wedding in Miami. Good times. Now I'm just retired and lazy. :)

On 11/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, EastCoast50 said:

I was a musician for years before becoming a cop. Drums, keys (acoustic piano, synth), clarinet, guitar ... 

It's all been lost to time and music stores for resale EXCEPT for my Korg DW8000 synthesizer, my Fender Strat and I think I still have one clarinet laying around somewhere.

Over time, I was inspired by virtually all styles of music from classical to ethnic to rock to industrial.

Some of my favs were/are: AC/DC, Jan Hammer, NIN, The Smiths, The Cult, Tom Petty and a ton of 60's and 70's rock and roll oldies. 

I got to meet Ron Wood once at a family wedding in Miami. Good times. Now I'm just retired and lazy. :)

It's time East Coast.....it's time........

to fire that thing up !!  (your Strat)  :guitar:, you're retired now and have time no excuses.....so,go out and buy a Mesa Boogie combo amp and rock out you, retired old geezer

....Like Geezer Butler that is ... :evil:

• Member ID:  59
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Streetcleaner said:

It's time East Coast.....it's time........

to fire that thing up !!  (your Strat)  :guitar:, you're retired now and have time no excuses.....so,go out and buy a Mesa Boogie combo amp and rock out you, retired old geezer

....Like Geezer Butler that is ... :evil:

Like many others I quit playing for may many years.  Wasnt until 2007 (around there),  I started playing again and learning how to record multi-track.   But , I still dont play as much as I should or want too.   Sucks  :( 

56 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Like many others I quit playing for may many years.  Wasnt until 2007 (around there),  I started playing again and learning how to record multi-track.   But , I still dont play as much as I should or want too.   Sucks  :( 

If I didn't have to work a job, I would be playing and recording 11 hrs a day(you have to do some other things).... if not more....stupid work and life.....sigh....instead as soon as I get home...cup of coffee and in front of my PC with my guitar or bass and lose track of time.....it's already 9:30 and I haven't even gamed yet !!......maybe I should start my own crowd source fund so I can just be a musician...if you have any loose change laying around just send it my way in care of StrEEtcLe@neR ...TY and your donations will be much appreciated. :guitar:

• 2 months later...

Okay Bit .......uh....hmmmm  people !! I'm back with more cra.....err  stuff .....

I would like to welcome ALL fellow musicians and music lovers who are not musicians.

Welcome one and all !!

this is basically a follow up to my very first post, where I let you listen to an mp3 I made of a solo Idea over a song idea ....through my PC and recording software that I have.I just wanted to give anyone out there an idea of what you will need or getting into and the process behind it all.

we are lucky to have other people out there that have done it on a larger scale like @MikeB and @six_gun 's son sent in a whole song as well and there are others out there as well WP and Spartacus and even more that I know of that we haven't heard from yet like @Demonio and other XI's ...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE !!  ...lol

I hope Mike and other people will show us more of their stuff and Mike can give you some ideas on what he does with his equipment and studio...

I digress .......So what I am using? .....My audio interface(which you will need if running through a PC ) is a Scarlett Focusrite 2I4 2nd Generation My DAW(Digital audio workstation) is Reaper

going through my old PC.I have a drum program and a guitar and bass amp simulator program,or I can record through my real amp mic'd up with a Shure sm57

The first song (My left turn) is the one I released earlier as just me soloing over,(for ideas) now the composition is finished the solo is in it's place. The only thing I have really worked on, has been the drums ,everything else is raw,meaning that they haven't been EQd or anything just levels and no vocals yet....once everything else has been recorded and tweaked then.....it's time for the final mixdown....just trying to show you some steps in the process.....

The second is just another song but the first I will release when the time comes....

I play everything on both of these.

Note: In no way are these finished or final recordings, just something to have on tape to give me peace of mind and I have it captured on file as a rough so I can move on to the next song...

hope you enjoy.      :guitar:

My left turn-003.mp3

Back from the Underneath.mp3

Edited by Streetcleaner

Great stuff.  Love the lead work.  You need to dropbox or fileshare me the midi drum files and the DI (unprocessed bass and guitar files) for the My Left Turn tune.  Let me work on it in my spare time.  Do you have lyrics for it ?  If so send those via pm and I will add some vocals and another rhythm guitar track.   If no lyrics, then I can put some together.  Whats the inspiration behind the tune ?  Or if no inspiration I will let my creative juices flow and figure it out.   In reaper you can render the tracks individually, then compress them, and then send them.  Be sure to render them with any plugins turned off !!  I want raw tracks.  Of course if you dont want me to work on it, then thats fine too :)

Edited by MikeB

My head almost exploded ! ...lol so many questions. These 2 songs are already pretty much finished as far as parts and vocals I have lyrics for both and most of the melody lines just need to record them ....but....I have a lot of others that I'm working on that we could do together....as far as rendering, I can also split them up their separate tracks...if you have reaper and send a wave file and you can open it up in reaper and do what ever to each track.

If I don't have my plug ins on, you won't hear any distortion or bass amps because every guitar and bass sound I did for this was through Amp Bias 2(my own custom amp sounds I have been working on),no live amp was used.....I would have to record those tracks through my Boogie mic'd up......

Also I would like to hear your ideas @MikeB I am trying to save up and get Studio one but until then....Reaper is it.

Oh and the inspiration behind My left turn  is every time that I came to a fork in the road in LIFE. I would go left...or so it would seem but just because you think you made a bad turn, it doesn't mean it wasn't right .... Karma,Fate  ......

Edited by Streetcleaner

56 minutes ago, Streetcleaner said:

My head almost exploded ! ...lol so many questions. These 2 songs are already pretty much finished as far as parts and vocals I have lyrics for both and most of the melody lines just need to record them ....but....I have a lot of others that I'm working on that we could do together....as far as rendering, I can also split them up their separate tracks...if you have reaper and send a wave file and you can open it up in reaper and do what ever to each track.

If I don't have my plug ins on, you won't hear any distortion or bass amps because every guitar and bass sound I did for this was through Amp Bias 2(my own custom amp sounds I have been working on),no live amp was used.....I would have to record those tracks through my Boogie mic'd up......

Also I would like to hear your ideas @MikeB I am trying to save up and get Studio one but until then....Reaper is it.

Oh and the inspiration behind My left turn  is every time that I came to a fork in the road in LIFE. I would go left...or so it would seem but just because you think you made a bad turn, it doesn't mean it wasn't right .... Karma,Fate  ......

I have Reaper, Studio One, and Waveform (use to be called Tracktion).  Any DAW will open rendered wave files and or mp3's, aac, etc.  I want clean files, no amp sims what so ever.  Trust me on this.  I can either re-amp through one of many amps or use Guitar Rig, Waves Amp, Amplitude, Overloud.  But if you want to keep that exact tone then render with it on.   I have the same Drum plugin you use, plus Slate SSD which is fantastic.  If your ass can sing great !!!  Saves me from trying.  :)  But do send me lyrics.  

Edited by MikeB

Or better yet.  Put them on a USB drive and get in your car and drive up !!!  Your only 30 minutes away !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Street,   here is an original I started 11 years ago !!  And still have not finished !!!  Need to add some background tracks and adjust some levels.  Im glad I came across this,  Im going to head out this Saturday and try and finish it up.

As I sit here on my mower
Im all alone with my thoughts
Never know which one to hold to
So many it drives me nuts 

I shake my head to clear them all out
But I know I just cant win
I try to focus on my mowing
But those thoughts have crawled back in 

Solitude of mowing the yard
Just me and the grass
Its like looking in to my soul
Thank God, just one more pass 

On 1/11/2020 at 10:55 PM, MikeB said:

Or better yet.  Put them on a USB drive and get in your car and drive up !!!  Your only 30 minutes away !!!!

I'm an hour and 30 minutes Bro

40 minutes ago, Streetcleaner said:

I'm an hour and 30 minutes Bro

Dayton only 30 minutes away !!!  You must be between Cincy and Dayton.  I can make it to Traders World in 50 minutes

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

956BC9F3-7B44-4A20-B162-DD200F3EB325.thumb.jpeg.3430cf1611d4d95b7b35f387c88c6ee6.jpegThis is an awesome post and looks like fun. I have been a musician for years and typically play acoustic or electric. I do play bass though I have to admit, I chose a tough bass to master (Hofner). I also can play some piano as well. 

44A8CFD1-C339-4F6F-9814-5E5F974AFC4A.jpeg

Pete !!!!  Long time no see !!!  Oohhh  Hofner  yummy brother !!!!  Are those signed concert tickets ??!!!

I frequent Heritage Auctions and they had some Beatles auctions awhile back.  I bid on a few items, but wasnt home to keep track on auction day.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:58 PM, MikeB said:

Ok Street,   here is an original I started 11 years ago !!  And still have not finished !!!  Need to add some background tracks and adjust some levels.  Im glad I came across this,  Im going to head out this Saturday and try and finish it up.

Solitude of mowing the yard
Just me and the grass
Its like looking in to my soul
Thank God, just one more pass 

Hey @MikeB This could be the last verse

Mowing....who would've thought..as subject matter ....hhmmmm  were you a landscaper at one time?

last verse

At times it becomes so overwhelming

I just wanna jump the curb and keep on mowing

woman, dogs and children in my path

I don't care I just laugh ...HA HA !!

Ripping bone and mowing flesh

For clearing the mind, it's the best !!

As the blood sprays from my left to my right

I just smile because there's plenty of things to mow....

no end in sight .....

:guitar:

At the time I did this I was going to do a video with my kids.  I was going to put on an evil face or mask and mow over stuffed animals filled with fake blood bags.  But never did. So those lyrics would work.  Execpt the curb part.  Im in the country.  Deer, coyote's, ground hogs.   No was never a landscaper.  Takes me about 1 1/2 hours to mow (rider) and during that time, it gives on time to reflect on life memories both good and bad.  Bad therapy ?  Maybe.  Good therapy ?  Maybe.  So I kept it from getting too morbid.  Just reflections.  :)

Edited by MikeB

On 1/24/2020 at 11:21 AM, MikeB said:

At the time I did this I was going to do a video with my kids.  I was going to put on an evil face or mask and mow over stuffed animals filled with fake blood bags.  But never did. So those lyrics would work.  Execpt the curb part.  Im in the country.  Deer, coyote's, ground hogs.   No was never a landscaper.  Takes me about 1 1/2 hours to mow (rider) and during that time, it gives on time to reflect on life memories both good and bad.  Bad therapy ?  Maybe.  Good therapy ?  Maybe.  So I kept it from getting too morbid.  Just reflections.  :)

Mike...Mike ...Mike.......it doesn't have to be totally auto biographical .....you might have to change things to fit...like,in the country, there are no curbs,I know this because I live in the country and besides not a lot of people gathered together in one spot....they would see you coming for literally a mile.....lol... but in a nice suburban community....well,there are curbs to jump and many things to mow......:evil:

Squirrels are my favorite.  Then little bunnies.  Was hoping to work on the tune and others this weekend.  But my sons van took a dump and we spent the weekend chasing gremlins.  Shit happens. 

Fender is bringing back the STRAT !!!  Made at the famous Fujigen factory in Japan.  They have made many hi end guitars for other manufacturers plus their own FNG line.  Crazy quality !!   May have to preorder a yellow one.   They are also re doing the Fender Lead II and Lead III, the original Leads came out in 79-82 if I remember right.  The original Leads where made in USA.  The new models in Mexico.  I own 5 of the original US models.  The pickups on the vintage US models where Seth Lover pickups.  He designed the original Gibson PAF Humbuckers (1st ever humbuckers).  PAF stands for patent applied for.   The Fender Leads pickups are extremely hot and many modern actives do not come close to the output of these vintage.  

Edited by MikeB