Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Teamviewer14 "Disabled"

loaderXI

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6416
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Achievement Points:  54322
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965
  • Device:  Windows

Well thought to share my recent happenings with Teamviewer14

TBB had a COD2 issue and we setup a time to allow me to connect via teamviewer to his Pc well at the very first attempt

teamviewer disabled/banned my attempted session and killed the program itself...So we had to work around it (which cost alot of time)

I did manage to reach out to them with the question and proof with a log file that my use is personal and not business...Today I recieved a email from them saying they restored my use as personal :) I have been using this for many years to help out my fellow idiots and a few family/frends...Just thought to toss this out there incase someone else gets hit..

The info they will need in all cases are -your id #-then logfile (latest with current date ) found C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer -TeamViewer14_Logfile.log which you will need to upload to them

Very fast response from them even after being warned it could take 30 days

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmails.teamviewer.  

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

Why was my access to TeamViewer limited?

You were asked to purchase a TeamViewer license because your usage pattern suggested that you were using TeamViewer in a commercial environment. To be able to keep a free version of TeamViewer, we must make sure that commercial users purchase a license. Unfortunately, it can happen that we detect commercial use where this is not the case.

We would like to address the most important questions of the TeamViewer community regarding commercial / personal use.

1. “Is TeamViewer cancelling the free usage of its software?”

No. TeamViewer is free for personal use, and we are committed to this remaining so. Personal use means that you are not using TeamViewer for purposes that are either directly or indirectly paid. Commercial use includes providing support to colleagues and clients, working remotely via TeamViewer, monitoring company hardware, etc. Read more about commercial use.

2. “I believe blocking personal users from using TeamViewer for free is unethical.”

We believe that providing and receiving help should not be a privilege for those who pay. Therefore we offer a free version of TeamViewer with many features. Implementing a mechanism to detect commercial use is part of our commitment to this idea. We do not target personal users but unfortunately, in some cases, personal users can be affected. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and promise to continue to refine this mechanism.

3. “What is the motive behind blocking free users?”

We have taken this step because commercial users should not be able to use our free version. This way, we ensure our ability to offer a free version of TeamViewer with great features, performance, and possibilities.

We would like to thank our users who use TeamViewer as intended and help us to provide a free version for our personal users. Our vision is to empower people to help people, and we will always act accordingly.

Kind regards,
Your TeamViewer Team
Edited by loaderXI

• Member ID:  1445
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  721
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5571
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/23/1963

I had the same issue with Teamviewer.  Deleted it and now use AnyDesk.

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14301
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

10 minutes ago, Bosun said:

I had the same issue with Teamviewer.  Deleted it and now use AnyDesk.

I was literally going to say the same thing. I had the issue with teamviewer saying that my licence expired even when you uninstall it and reinstall it

AnyDesk program was made by ex teamviewer developers , it does the same thing at the end of the day.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

The last couple of Windows 10 updates messed with alot of stuff. I had to give COD4 permission just to use my damn Microphone.

Windows defender locked down 1 of my HDDs and would not let me install on it. Some how Windows Defender Application Guard got installed and turned on without me telling it to do so. I hate OS Integrated Bull Shit like that.   

Edited by J3st3r