Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

A Violent World We Live In...

Angelz

• Member ID:  24295
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  17

I can't begin to express the anger I feel towards how violent the people of this planet are becoming.

My first experience with a violent teen was when I was 58. I was walking up my street with a few bags of groceries and this girl and 2 of her friends were walking towards me. I moved to the side to let them by and one of them sped up towards me and shoulder checked me. I put my bags down walked up behind her, spun her around, cupped my hand under her chin and lifted her up in mid air. I walked her over to a lawn put her flat on the grass and held her there. I looked down at her and said, I am a 58 year old woman and no one has ever laid a hand on me my entire life till you did that. Now lil missy you are going to apologize to me or I will carry you to your school to talk to the principal. She said, I'm sorry. I told her never to do that to anyone ever again. I think I scared the shit out of her. I let her go , helped her up, told her to be on her way, grabbed my bags and walked 10 feet to my front door. Thank God for some martial arts training I received in my younger years.

I stopped looking at the news on a daily basis because it seems like daily there are mass murders around the world. I am truly scared when I go outside in case something violent happens. I am so in tune with my surroundings, alwayskeeping my eyes going in all directions watching every thing and every person.

• Member ID:  27872
  • Group:  +++ ARK Head Admin
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  3998
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1993

In my personal perspective there have always been violent people in the world the biggest problem we have now days is there's more people in the world where I live it used to be a quite small town in 20 years it's tripled in size you get fights stabbings robberies and raids on the regular and some of the parents round these parts ain't as strict as mine or my moms for example again just my perspective / opinion

• Member ID:  21776
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2262
  • Birthday:  10/09/1959

try living in bmore md

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972
  • Device:  Windows

10 minutes ago, GHO5T said:

try living in bmore md

Fuck that. PPL are just straight up NUTZ in certain areas of Baltimore. I used to run around down there back in the late 80s early 90s.

I haven't been down that way since that string of carjackings back in 93. I forget how many there was but I think it was something like 32 jackings in 3 months time. I still go to the Malls occasionally in Cumberland and Hagerstown but that's about as far south as I've been in a long time.      

• Member ID:  800
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  6905
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  57895
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

They get the idea  from the media.....   think back b4 internet.... 

sorry forgot about young players..... i am BC  (before color TV)   ?

Edited by BUDMAN

• Member ID:  28071
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  521
  • Birthday:  01/31/1961

16 hours ago, Angelz said:

I can't begin to express the anger I feel towards how violent the people of this planet are becoming.

My first experience with a violent teen was when I was 58. I was walking up my street with a few bags of groceries and this girl and 2 of her friends were walking towards me. I moved to the side to let them by and one of them sped up towards me and shoulder checked me. I put my bags down walked up behind her, spun her around, cupped my hand under her chin and lifted her up in mid air. I walked her over to a lawn put her flat on the grass and held her there. I looked down at her and said, I am a 58 year old woman and no one has ever laid a hand on me my entire life till you did that. Now lil missy you are going to apologize to me or I will carry you to your school to talk to the principal. She said, I'm sorry. I told her never to do that to anyone ever again. I think I scared the shit out of her. I let her go , helped her up, told her to be on her way, grabbed my bags and walked 10 feet to my front door. Thank God for some martial arts training I received in my younger years.

I stopped looking at the news on a daily basis because it seems like daily there are mass murders around the world. I am truly scared when I go outside in case something violent happens. I am so in tune with my surroundings, alwayskeeping my eyes going in all directions watching every thing and every person.

You are so right, people, especially the younger generation, have become so uncivilized. The crime and murder rate in the City near where I live, Baltimore Maryland, has gotten out of control. It has gotten so bad that I don't even like coming out of my house unless I have to. This is no way to live, so sad. ?

• Member ID:  26764
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  8104
  • Days Won:  17

And this is the reason why I carry a gun. I have had many a many run in with people. 

• Member ID:  25026
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  530
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  7122
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, J3st3r said:

Fuck that. PPL are just straight up NUTZ in certain areas of Baltimore. I used to run around down there back in the late 80s early 90s.

I haven't been down that way since that string of carjackings back in 93. I forget how many there was but I think it was something like 32 jackings in 3 months time. I still go to the Malls occasionally in Cumberland and Hagerstown but that's about as far south as I've been in a long time.      

F Baltimore! I've only been there for work over the last 14 years. I will NEVER go there for anything ... sports, restaurants, shopping ... nothing! I can tell you one thing: going to the medical examiner's office in Baltimore is a horrific experience. It is always packed with fresh bodies, and you can guess the type of carnage done by humans.

You and I are pretty similar ... I go to Hagerstown and sometimes Frederick, but I mainly stick to the PA areas off the mountain. 

After working in the professional law enforcement field for nearly three decades, I've suffered the psychological, physical and physiological damages for the long term. I've been shot (12 ga shotgun), shot at (.357 magnum), had guns and knives pulled on me, a knife thrown at me, and even have permanent physical damage and wounds from a human bite. 

Nightmares, high blood pressure, excessive alcohol consumption, scars ... been to too many funerals for friends and coworkers over the years.

Over my career, I've worked in a small town at the beach surrounded by country, then later moved on to one of the country's largest and busiest agencies adjacent to Washington, D.C.. Thankfully, I recently retired. Alive.

Without sounding like a hypocrite, I'll say that I'm very pro 2A. I've had the benefit of being able to carry a concealed firearm nationwide, even now after retirement. However, a gun is not always the correct solution to a violent encounter. Training and experience is a key factor, and it will definitely become a topic in the court process after the violent encounter and any use of deadly force.

Some people are ...  what's the right word? ... some people are animals. It's not based upon race, sex, age or religion. It's based upon the fact of violent animalistic traits developed, learned and/or inherent in some people. In many cases, such as serial killers, it will never change. You better believe there are serial killers walking free among us right now.  Unfortunately, common violent street criminals have some similarities with serial killers. In some cases, that's where serial killers started out ... being street criminals. 

Always be on guard, but never paranoid. Be aware of your surroundings, your location, your abilities and your limits. If you have the opportunity to avoid a violent encounter, then avoid it. If you're FORCED (key word) to engage in a violent encounter, then do so using your training and experience, and always within the confines of the Constitution and law. Respect life, but always defend yours and others when necessary.

Just my two cents. 

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

Without wanting to get political what is wrong ?, I'm interested as this was the very first place I visited in the USA in 1971 and I found it rough but never felt threatened at all. Why has it gone downhill ( if you can answer ),  drugs, lack of work, or what ? to hear someone won't visit it or leave their house is not a great thing to hear from any country in the western world.

If you don't mind me saying so I've always found your worship of criminals, bonnie and clyde etc. and violent films strange for an educated country?

Edited by RobMc

2 minutes ago, RobMc said:

Without wanting to get political what is wrong ?, I'm interested as this was the very first place I visited in the USA in 1971 and I found it rough but never felt threatened at all. Why has it gone downhill ( if you can answer ),  drugs, lack of work, or what ? to hear someone won't visit it or leave their house is not a great thing to hear from any country in the western world.

Rob, are you talking about Baltimore? 

2 minutes ago, EastCoast50 said:

Rob, are you talking about Baltimore? 

Yes

1 minute ago, RobMc said:

Yes

There is a huge problem with drugs AND violent crime in Baltimore, Maryland. It's definitely not what it used to be in the 70's and 80's ... I used to go there in my younger years to baseball games, the aquarium, train museum, the waterfront restaurants, etc.

These days, Baltimore has been headline news throughout the states for several years. High murder rate, cops and politicians arrested, cops leaving the force by the dozens, the Maryland governor becoming involved in their city ... too much to type. I can suggest checking in with their local news media online (not sure if I can post links here, but I'll try below).

In my professional experience, many criminals arrested for everything from homicide, rape, robbery, burglary on down to theft have a Baltimore address ... and I worked several counties away from Baltimore. Their criminal element has negatively affected the entire state of Maryland, even the rural, mountainous western counties.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/

https://www.wbaltv.com/

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/

https://www.fox5dc.com/

Wow read these, so the wild west is back ? this is not a good sign for the future is it ? 

18 minutes ago, RobMc said:

Wow read these, so the wild west is back ? this is not a good sign for the future is it ? 

Baltimore is screwed, and its criminals have been expanding their horizons. And travels.

So if not stopped these criminals will have enough money to buy into businesses and politicians and we're all screwed  -  again.

1 minute ago, RobMc said:

So if not stopped these criminals will have enough money to buy into businesses and politicians and we're all screwed  -  again.

They've already bought the Baltimore politicians. Even the former mayor is up on charges.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

14 hours ago, EastCoast50 said:

Baltimore is screwed, and its criminals have been expanding their horizons. And travels.

Shit is definitely WAY out of control in Baltimore. This shit is darn rite out scary. Over 400 carjackings within this past year. And over 700 arrests were made.  https://www.wbaltv.com/article/police-commissioner-michael-harrison-addresses-rise-in-carjackings-throughout-baltimore/29432660

Then they drive around and shoot up neighborhoods. This is from yesterday. 3 dead 4 injured in random drive by shootings. https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-cr-baltimore-city-police-shootings-tuesday-afternoon-20191218-elz3o5umurgr3icmfzsr64ohci-story.html 

Anyone got a Mini Nuke? lol

Edited by J3st3r

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422

We are doomed as a species.  :offtopic:I never could understand how most of Germany could become "NAZIS" and mass murderers during the 1930's.   Well, lately, I am seeing it (budding fascism) here.  Propaganda, human nature, hate and fear (and lack of proper education to our young) runing amok causes chaos.  Chaos causes pain and suffering.  I see it clearly.  We humans seem to not learn from past mistakes of our ancestors, we humans are a very warlike species.  2 cents and lord help us.  ? Doomed, doomed I say... so, off to play more war games on my computer...  :2guns:  Definition of fascism  : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Remember in nature the strongest survive, never has been any different and likely never will be different, so fuck peace and love and hello to (as the old t shirt goes) 'yea thou I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil, because I'm the meanest fckr in the valley'. Ask me, the thing that comes loud and clear through history is drop your guard and you're gone, there are countless civilisations who prove it, think we're no different?, then stick your head back in the sand and dream on.