Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

TDM Changes AND Event Server

PainKiller

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994
  • Device:  Windows

<<< If you want to skip this, I'll add a TL;DR at the bottom for those who don't wanna read blocks of text >>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>XI< TDM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off, we are aware of the annoyance that is bunny hopping. We're all finding it a pain in the ass to deal with, my self included. I have been scratching my head on how to deal with this and so far, Loader and I have not been able to alleviate this issue. There is an option in the mod that we can toy around with that puts your weapon away when you jump, which is amazing on pen and paper but when put into action it would also put your weapon away if you fall off a roof or down a ledge, which is really not what we were aiming for considering the pace of the server. It takes a lot of fine tuning and I am hoping over the course of the next few weeks if Loader and I get time to, to try and sort this out. Although, we have already made some changes that you will notice when you come in.

This is the weapons. The ability to choose every weapon has been disabled. This is because of the sniper maps. To make it easier for other people when it comes to sniper maps to actually KNOW it's a sniper. People such as Dirk :lol: You can select snipers ONLY! To make this happen I had to disable the ability to choose every weapon. Thankfully there's a work around. Your primary weapon will be for your team, your secondary weapon if your enemy. So regardless, you'll always have access to an M1 Garand or Kar 98k as American or British vs German and access to a PPSH when Russian vs German. I can try to see if I can make the PPSH available to everyone but once more, that will be on the back burner. I can do it on RCON to give a PPSH but that will only last for that map so it's not the sort of fix I am after but can do for the time being.

So here I would like to propose a question: with the ability to edit the weapons on the maps, would you like me to have some maps where we do things such as shotguns only and perhaps bolts only?
This is already active on the >XI< Fallen Member Memorial server! Which is of course, the next block of text!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Xi< Fallen Member Memorial Server

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 days left maggots! 4 days until this years Open House begins and you can all go nuts and beat the shit out of each other. This has been a love child between Loader and I for some time and we've got it all up and running and this beast is now LIVE for everyone to get in and have a go on even before the event. It features mixed modes DM, TDM, CTF, LIB and MIXED WEAPONS!

What this means is that we're not only stuck to the one mode now, either DM or TDM. We have a good mix of modes and weapons now to cater to different things. You could be slugging it out with shotties in Moscow to Pistol whipping each others asses in an arena all the way to running around a chateau to free your buddies from jail and not get your ass handed to you at the same time! We've bought back the family favorite CTF so I am sure many of you will be more than happy with that one.

We know these are always a blast and always a resounding success so it's the same maps as last year (plus a couple of extra ones). What Loader and I would love to do is give you guys the opportunity to get a family photo so at around 4 or 5pm EST we'll get everyone in and get a photo done so you can all get back to beating the shit out of each other.

The IP for the server is: 63.251.20.230:28960
The best way to connect is to open the console with ` (above Tab and left of 1) and type in: /connect 63.251.20.230:28960 OR just copy and past that! You can also find it in the server browser under: >Xi< Fallen Member Memorial

As I final note we are, as always, aware of the downloading to get in to the server. Some of you will get failures whilst downloading but that is out of our control, you just time out connecting to the server or downloading. Yes we have large map packs but that is down to how CoD2 handles maps and mods. On CoD4 and 5 it is much more streamlined which is why you have thousands of separate maps. Sadly we don't have that luxury so we're stuck to doing it a different. Luckily I only update the rotations every couple of months so you'll be fine once you get them! I won't be updating TDM until early next year, perhaps March time.

TL;DR! Weapon changes on TDM, sniper maps have snipers only, event server is live and ready to go!

We look forward to having you on the killing fields! If you enjoy this weekend you are always more than welcome to join us on TDM every weekend from about 9-10AM EST onwards. PainKiller out :2guns:

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53557
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

I thought the setting was if you jump once or  twice or dolphin dive your weapon became mute. I wish you luck I've tried as much as I could to solve this and it always ended up pissing some poor sole off. We did how ever settel of the jump twice option your weapon would be lowered. 

• Member ID:  27439
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  596
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/06/1999

33 minutes ago, Labob said:

I thought the setting was if you jump once or  twice or dolphin dive your weapon became mute. I wish you luck I've tried as much as I could to solve this and it always ended up pissing some poor sole off. We did how ever settel of the jump twice option your weapon would be lowered. 

This seems a good idea, i was thinking about it and i find alot of players also like to jump shot if they're hiding behind boxes and are too low to shoot over the top so this ^ would still allow that t happen and would also solve your falling problem would it not?

1 hour ago, Labob said:

It all depends on how sensitive you make it, which is the really fine tuning bit. Too sensitive and every small bump you make that takes you off the floor will put your gun away until you land again which is a real pain in the ass. Have it too low and its basically nothing happens. I have looked through the other scripts on the mod that we use and the playercontrol.cfg script is the only one to manage it. It looks to me that it comes into play every time you jump and Loader and I have tested this briefly to see what we're going to be messing with. I'll take a deeper look at it with him when we get a chance.

Edited by PainKiller

• Member ID:  2208
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  301
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3601
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37500
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963

yes you can use the jump and loose the weapon and then they cant shoot you as they jump. But they can still jump around to avoid being shoot. The only way is to make it a rule.

9 hours ago, BlackRose said:

yes you can use the jump and loose the weapon and then they cant shoot you as they jump. But they can still jump around to avoid being shoot. The only way is to make it a rule.

Only issue with that though is for some its a massive habit, to bunny hop when shooting and being shot. Yes we can make it a rule but if people stick to it, that's another thing. I'll break it in five seconds! :lol: