Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Coronavirus in the USA for My Fellow Idiots

Tron

• Member ID:  4147
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  747
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6242
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Also this from the American Hospital Association:

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954
  • Device:  Windows

Well that's cheered me up ?

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Tron said:

I would encourage everyone to read through this Twitter feed. She basically summarizes every concern that I have in a thoughtful and concise manner based on actual data. 

Was reading this last night. The good old exponential function, reminds of me the old Al Bartlett lecture on bacteria in a bottle, everything is fine until it is not. Pretty easy to brush off for a lot of people not at high risk which is understandable, but if this takes off like the numbers suggest it might, wouldn't want to be one of the people needing respiratory support. What does the CFR rise to without it?

• Member ID:  26764
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  8104
  • Days Won:  17

12 hours ago, Tron said:

Since you seem to think this is all just a big hoax, maybe you should book a cruise to Asia right now. I hear there are some awesome deals available.

I never said it was a big hoax. Show me where I said that. I was getting at that it is being blown out of proportion by the left wing media. 

• Member ID:  25212
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1449
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  14728
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

10 minutes ago, FUNky said:

So only three of you want Chinese?

I'll have an Italian

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  261
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  17976
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Achievement Points:  131717
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

3 minutes ago, RobMc said:

I'll have an Italian

That's funny - you don't look Italian!!

1 minute ago, TBB said:

That's funny - you don't look Italian!!

Highest death rate in Europe, ciao !

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50963
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

Guy's this is always something scary to some people and I totally get it. Honestly the best thing you can do is just wash your hands and try not to touch your face all the time. 

Sorry @RobMc no more picking your nose. This will all blow over soon. Also get on some good Vitamin C. I have an elderly man who has taken Vitamin C alot throughout his life and hes honestly only had the flu like once or twice. 

• Member ID:  25212
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1449
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  14728
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

2 hours ago, RobMc said:

I'll have an Italian

OMG! My wife is Italian!  I just had dinner with her Grandmother who was born in Italy and I sneezed this afternoon. Add to that there is a man in Franklin (12 miles away) that has COVID-19. Of course he is 44 and says he has had worse colds and no one in his family has it but nevertheless I guess I am fucked.

?

• Member ID:  27872
  • Group:  +++ ARK Head Admin
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  3998
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1993

2 hours ago, FUNky said:

So only three of you want Chinese?

beef curry with rice cheers bud put it on robs tab

• Member ID:  28144
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1146
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  28306
  • Days Won:  6

33 minutes ago, SgT.Chris said:

beef curry with rice cheers bud put it on robs tab

Oh shit yeah mine can go on Rob's tab too since he's so interested in my pussy ???

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

I live less than 1 mile from the Life Care Center in Kirkland Wa. aka ground zero for it in the USA and let me tell you it is very real. Stores are out of lots of cleaning items, TP is gone, canned goods like soups and veggies and fruit are sold out and bottled water. Friday 3/6 Seattle and surrounding areas were like a ghost town, I drive and make deliveries for my company so I know what lite traffic is all about. The Hospital that patients are being taken to is the one I went to after my Heart Attack a few years ago. This situation is still in the early stages but already systems are starting to show signs of stress. Over 25 of my cities Fire Fighters have been quarantined because of calls to the Center before anyone communicated there was a outbreak centered there. This problem was made worse by people not believing what they were told in part because for the past few years all we have heard from some was complete bullshit however this could get much worse before it gets better. I am including a link to a PBS Seattle article that may give some of you a better idea of what is coming. My wife and I are both right at that age where we need to be more concerned/higher risk so I pay attention to facts not the ramblings of some orange faced guy. Oh and for you none believers just spend 10 minutes reading about the "Spanish Flu" which hit every Continent except Antarctica back before we traveled all over the world. Again I remind you all I am sitting at GROUND ZERO right now and it is getting crazy. No tests yet in Washington for those who have been ordered to quarantine at home because of a cold/flu like symptoms, I have 3 friends who in the past 5 days have been ordered by their Dr to stay 100% at home with zero visitors. Don't panic yet but also don't bury your head in the Sand.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/the-days-leading-up-to-the-outbreak-at-life-care-center-in-kirkland?fbclid=IwAR3FmELc9qbT-7Izl-j3aSPgJugHOqVhcHZtibOfSVyc9OrvLILiG3rs6Zo

4 hours ago, Icequeen said:

Guy's this is always something scary to some people and I totally get it. Honestly the best thing you can do is just wash your hands and try not to touch your face all the time. 

Sorry @RobMc no more picking your nose. This will all blow over soon. Also get on some good Vitamin C. I have an elderly man who has taken Vitamin C alot throughout his life and hes honestly only had the flu like once or twice. 

@Icequeen Vitamin C is not going to prevent you from getting infected....avoidance of contact with infected people is. Containment is no longer possible. Our only hope to minimize the death toll from Covid-19 in this country is to promote behavior that minimizes contagion and flattens out the infection curve to help spread out the number of people that need hospitalization over a greater time span. If this doesn’t happen, the spike in cases requiring hospitalization will overwhelm our system and create a cascade effect that increases the case fatality rate. Any other interpretation of the available data is simply being in denial, or due to a lack of understanding. I don’t generally hope I am wrong about anything...but this is an exception. I pray that I am wrong about how this will ultimately play out.

3 hours ago, ShinyAbsol94 said:

Oh shit yeah mine can go on Rob's tab too since he's so interested in my pussy ???

You want a couple of sides dear ?? recommend a kebab and two onion bhajis, they are hot !

On a more serious note it's started here, I get my food delivered and have just done my weekly, normal, order. No toilet paper, no tinned items available nor dried foods such as rice, tell them not to panic and what do they do - panic, so predictable eh?

The press are wholly to blame for this, it is the martians invading New York all over again, although wtf they are doing with all the toilet paper makes my imagination run wild. There was an article on the BBC website today typical of the snowflake society we live in, it was called 'Alternatives to toilet paper'. FFS, my grandparents, who had an outside toilet and used newspaper must be rolling around in heaven laughing. Most of the f....g world doesn't use paper, and we need to teach people alternatives ? we are truly sad.

So now @Icequeen dear I'll have to blow my nose on the dog, if I can catch him, if not my shirt will do ?

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50963
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

2 hours ago, Tron said:

@Icequeen Vitamin C is not going to prevent you from getting infected....avoidance of contact with infected people is. Containment is no longer possible. Our only hope to minimize the death toll from Covid-19 in this country is to promote behavior that minimizes contagion and flattens out the infection curve to help spread out the number of people that need hospitalization over a greater time span. If this doesn’t happen, the spike in cases requiring hospitalization will overwhelm our system and create a cascade effect that increases the case fatality rate. Any other interpretation of the available data is simply being in denial, or due to a lack of understanding. I don’t generally hope I am wrong about anything...but this is an exception. I pray that I am wrong about how this will ultimately play out.

Oh my! Well I think this is going no where. ?‍♀️

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3380
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30022
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

15 hours ago, Sixgun said:

I never said it was a big hoax. Show me where I said that. I was getting at that it is being blown out of proportion by the left wing media. 

Good grief, Your an admin! I respect that you don’t want this political as you mentioned to Ghost but leave it at that. You loose any credibility when you pick one side (as you have shown prior to) than the other. 

As someone in healthcare for 30 years, this is serious. The numbers Harry mentioned are real and as the potential of this to spread is high. Everyone just needs to be diligent about the small things right now. 

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

6 hours ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

I live less than 1 mile from the Life Care Center in Kirkland Wa. aka ground zero for it in the USA and let me tell you it is very real. Stores are out of lots of cleaning items, TP is gone, canned goods like soups and veggies and fruit are sold out and bottled water. Friday 3/6 Seattle and surrounding areas were like a ghost town, I drive and make deliveries for my company so I know what lite traffic is all about. The Hospital that patients are being taken to is the one I went to after my Heart Attack a few years ago. This situation is still in the early stages but already systems are starting to show signs of stress. Over 25 of my cities Fire Fighters have been quarantined because of calls to the Center before anyone communicated there was a outbreak centered there. This problem was made worse by people not believing what they were told in part because for the past few years all we have heard from some was complete bullshit however this could get much worse before it gets better. I am including a link to a PBS Seattle article that may give some of you a better idea of what is coming. My wife and I are both right at that age where we need to be more concerned/higher risk so I pay attention to facts not the ramblings of some orange faced guy. Oh and for you none believers just spend 10 minutes reading about the "Spanish Flu" which hit every Continent except Antarctica back before we traveled all over the world. Again I remind you all I am sitting at GROUND ZERO right now and it is getting crazy. No tests yet in Washington for those who have been ordered to quarantine at home because of a cold/flu like symptoms, I have 3 friends who in the past 5 days have been ordered by their Dr to stay 100% at home with zero visitors. Don't panic yet but also don't bury your head in the Sand.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/the-days-leading-up-to-the-outbreak-at-life-care-center-in-kirkland?fbclid=IwAR3FmELc9qbT-7Izl-j3aSPgJugHOqVhcHZtibOfSVyc9OrvLILiG3rs6Zo

Hey Ron, 

if you and your wife are in good health you should be fine. I realize your living in a hot spot, my wife’s family are reasonably close as well.  I do feel for you buddy.

There is only one confirmed case in my province and I found out that person worked at a bank 100 steps from my medical centre. She worked at the bank for a week prior to being quarantined. Now that wouldn’t seem to bad but I work in healthcare and see numerous patients in that area, plus my wife who has leukemia is incredibly nervous of that situation and my proximity.  Best to stay calm and make sure you do what we each can to reduce the spread of this. 

5 hours ago, RobMc said:

You want a couple of sides dear ?? recommend a kebab and two onion bhajis, they are hot !

Yeah no I'd better pass on the bhajis, my stomach can't handle spice and with the impending toilet paper shortage I'd be better off steering clear ?

6 hours ago, Tron said:

@Icequeen Vitamin C is not going to prevent you from getting infected....avoidance of contact with infected people is. 

Vitamin C may not stop you getting infected BUT it will make it easier for you body to fight the virus as it boosts your immune system. That frees up hospital beds (of which here in the UK there is already a shortage in a lot of hospitals not due to COVID-19) for those who will really need them, so the elderly and immuno-compromised.

12 minutes ago, ShinyAbsol94 said:

Yeah no I'd better pass on the bhajis, my stomach can't handle spice and with the impending toilet paper shortage I'd be better off steering clear ?

My curiosity got the better of me about the toilet paper so I spent some time studying it this morning, google I'm afraid, after using up what little I had drying my eyes at your rejection of my kebab. Anyway there are lots of theories, but it seems to be due to the herding instinct and a perception to keep clean. Apparently we perceive toilet paper as prevention against disease, a load of shite if you ask me ? This may date back to typhoid in the human psyche, and other transferable diseases through the ages. Using this logic I have invested all my savings in bathroom manufacturers, next will be a run on baths and toilets, you mark my words, I will soon be the richest idiot. I'm also working on an alternative to toilet paper, a couple of idiots have offered to lend a hand, hope they are warm.

6 minutes ago, RobMc said:

My curiosity got the better of me about the toilet paper so I spent some time studying it this morning, google I'm afraid, after using up what little I had drying my eyes at your rejection of my kebab. Anyway there are lots of theories, but it seems to be due to the herding instinct and a perception to keep clean. Apparently we perceive toilet paper as prevention against disease, a load of shite if you ask me ? This may date back to typhoid in the human psyche, and other transferable diseases through the ages. Using this logic I have invested all my savings in bathroom manufacturers, next will be a run on baths and toilets, you mark my words, I will soon be the richest idiot. I'm also working on an alternative to toilet paper, a couple of idiots have offered to lend a hand, hope they are warm.

You looked into this more that I have, I just heard that it gave some people the runs else ?