Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Coronavirus in the USA for My Fellow Idiots

Tron

• Member ID:  23520
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Windows

9 minutes ago, Sammy said:

This is a first. Got my 'permission slip' so to speak to be outside in case I am pulled over by the cops. Something I never had to even consider before. Confucius say may you live in interesting times. We certainly are. Still, what are the cops going to do pull everybody over? All you would have to do is say you are grocery shopping. 

I think there will be checkpoints very soon, I believe they have this in Spain/France/Italy now. Can only travel solo. They will be looking for shopping receipts as proof, and if you aren't near work/the shop well there's a big whopping fine and then who knows what after that.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

7 hours ago, Sharpe said:

I think there will be checkpoints very soon, I believe they have this in Spain/France/Italy now. Can only travel solo. They will be looking for shopping receipts as proof, and if you aren't near work/the shop well there's a big whopping fine and then who knows what after that.

Only speaking for the UK here but we don't have enough police for ordinary duties, let alone extraordinary ?, if this happens then the troops are on the streets. Regardless of any measures taken the problem is people, they always find a way around any problem. I laugh at people like Politicians, Judges, Medical staff etc, their problem is they deal with rational, level headed people all day, the realities are given in some of the following real things that are happening :

My wife tells me that in some parts of the country holiday bookings have actually increased as people from cities try to dodge any inconveniences.

Some of them don't pay the fines they already have, think they worry about more?, they know they can get away with it

The supermarkets introduced vulnerable people shopping hours, what happens? ordinary people join the queue, say I'm shopping for my granny, then come back later for more stock. Have you checked with elderly neighbours, I have, the only other one I've seen is Sixgun bless him.

These are just some examples and you all know its true, people cheated rationing in the war, people drank during prohibition, the people who will win yet again this time are the criminals, sad.

On the bright side I've had a great day gaming, even the sniper server was buzzing, and tomorrow I look forward to hearing Budman cry for mercy, times are good.

Edited by RobMc

• Member ID:  28144
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1146
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  28306
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, RobMc said:

On the bright side I've had a great day gaming, even the sniper server was buzzing, and tomorrow I look forward to hearing Budman cry for mercy, times are good.

Which one is the Sniper server? Might have a poke, I'm crap though ??

Might also venture out into the MW2 freezetag, I'm scared I'll get annihilated though.

• Member ID:  25355
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

3 minutes ago, ShinyAbsol said:

Which one is the Sniper server? Might have a poke, I'm crap though ??

Might also venture out into the MW2 freezetag, I'm scared I'll get annihilated though.

The first is on waw cod5 when you first start at any new game everyones crap, if I'm on I'll help you provided I can talk to you on my team, tell you what I'll pm you.

Yes at first you will be annihilated in mw2, by me

Thank you for trying more than one of our servers, few venture outside of their comfort zone

• Member ID:  192
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  29
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  911
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/22/1974

That video is kinda old.  I'm not advocating panic, but take responsibility not to spread it.   You personally may not be as be a high risk person but there are many others that could be, just saying.  

Awards

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26176
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

@Giggles - hope you are feeling better and this is something your human body knows how to defend itself against.  Be well.

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36061
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Android

just played The Division and seems plot is pretty much what is happening outside now bio warfare.

since when SARS was here took 2-3 weeks to find a cure, were past that now since December 2019 this virus was active.

The Eyes of Darkness ? really 39 years ago was written that a virus was deleloped and released in 2020.

my question who is playing GOD with this man made virus … bats really.

Fact is stranger than fiction, Greed of 1% is balancing their books to keep control,

who wants to go to war when some bug will flatten the compition.

just like the titanic sank

Edited by KaptCrunch

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

On 3/21/2020 at 10:00 AM, Giggles said:

Well I can tell I have been sick .I went to work felt like crap but no temp just a bunch of coughing so my boss sent me home and made me go get tested . I went  called my Dr they sent me to urgent  care in my  town but told me to call a head of time . I called  got sent to another person that person never picked up the phone and no voice mail . I went online and made an appointment . My Dr office called them ahead of time and told them to test me. I got there I was put in a room on the other side of the building. I told them everything and  was NEVER tested but got sent home and told I have a virus they have no clue what it is . I was sent home with a note that says I could go back to work when I no longer have a temper 24 hours without anything to help control the temp.  I get nothing while out of work and because the company I work for is a bigger company with more than 500 employees  they do not have to pay me . Job says they don't care about the temp I have to be out 10 days

What The Fuck?  No tests and they told you that you have an unspecified Virus and that you were to go home? Go find another doctor asap and file malpractice suit on there asses. Fucking lazy SOBs.  

I found something fucked up that's going on. Ok a couple days ago I checked our local newspaper and local Free-Press web sites and they both listed 1 Confirmed COVID 19 patient being treated at our local hospital. Checked 3 days later and it is gone off of both sites. The way these doctors and there management are handling things is darn rite out scary if they are doing what I think they are doing.

Let alone that most of the early cases in the US were spread from Doctors to Patients that were in hospice. The doctors at our local hospitals rotate from hospital to hospital all the time. They can quickly spread something like COVID 19 to patients in multiple locations all over the state just like what happened over in Washington state.                  

• Member ID:  3036
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

For that video, I suspect shenanigans and inside help. No legit clerk/checker would even consider doing that without getting store management involved. And no reputable store manager would have agreed to it. One box, *maybe*. But whatever these two could possibly say they would have to be considered a reseller and they require licenses and such. You buy something for 1 dollar, and then sell it for 10, the tax man wants his cut.

That store manager is going to receive a very quick visit from district and possibly phone calls from corporate. The basic question they are going to ask is "why didnt you say no?"

2 hours ago, J3st3r said:

What The Fuck?  No tests and they told you that you have an unspecified Virus and that you were to go home? Go find another doctor asap and file malpractice suit on there asses. Fucking lazy SOBs.  

I found something fucked up that's going on. Ok a couple days ago I checked our local newspaper and local Free-Press web sites and they both listed 1 Confirmed COVID 19 patient being treated at our local hospital. Checked 3 days later and it is gone off of both sites. The way these doctors and there management are handling things is darn rite out scary if they are doing what I think they are doing.

Let alone that most of the early cases in the US were spread from Doctors to Patients that were in hospice. The doctors at our local hospitals rotate from hospital to hospital all the time. They can quickly spread something like COVID 19 to patients in multiple locations all over the state just like what happened over in Washington state.                  

Hey, please dont go ripping on the doctors and the front line workers. They (WE) are the ones putting themselves at risk every day to save lives. 

1 hour ago, PimpedOutPete said:

Hey, please dont go ripping on the doctors and the front line workers. They (WE) are the ones putting themselves at risk every day to save lives. 

Not rippin doctors that do there job the way they should. All it takes is 1 careless or infected person in the medical profession to carry something like the COVID 19 and infect many people around them. Coming in sick or not properly disposing gloves,masks or gear or simply not properly removing gloves and touching stuff like door handles,beds,elevator buttons ect ect can spread this shit since it has a life expectancy of up to three days on hard surfaces like steel and hard plastics.     

It was confirmed that 2 of the health care people are responsible for bringing that crap in to Life Care Center nursing home in Washington state. In total, 142 confirmed cases, including 35 deaths, have been directly linked to Life Care Center of Kirkland. The worst thing is that they waited for 3 weeks after the 1st person got critically ill to start testing people. By that time 142 of there 180 residents had got sick.  CDC said limited testing, access to protective gear and staff working while sick contributed to COVID-19's spread.

Have a read. :cry:  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/us/coronavirus-nursing-home-kirkland-life-care.html

and this https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/times-watchdog/coronavirus-spread-in-a-kirkland-nursing-home-for-weeks-while-response-stalled/

Someone dropped the ball big fucking time and it wasn't the people that were housed there.         

• Member ID:  1217
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978

This is why I have made  the chose to stay home at this point because I do not want to risk this being more than what it is and giving it to others. I feel like shit . I sleep a lot but my body hurts so much I can't really sleep but then the temps get to high and I pass out  sleep a few hours and back up trying to get stuff done at home because just because I am sick don't mean my family stop living . Mom life some time you gotta love it but I would not change that for the world.

8 hours ago, J3st3r said:

Not rippin doctors that do there job the way they should. All it takes is 1 careless or infected person in the medical profession to carry something like the COVID 19 and infect many people around them. Coming in sick or not properly disposing gloves,masks or gear or simply not properly removing gloves and touching stuff like door handles,beds,elevator buttons ect ect can spread this shit since it has a life expectancy of up to three days on hard surfaces like steel and hard plastics.     

It was confirmed that 2 of the health care people are responsible for bringing that crap in to Life Care Center nursing home in Washington state. In total, 142 confirmed cases, including 35 deaths, have been directly linked to Life Care Center of Kirkland. The worst thing is that they waited for 3 weeks after the 1st person got critically ill to start testing people. By that time 142 of there 180 residents had got sick.  CDC said limited testing, access to protective gear and staff working while sick contributed to COVID-19's spread.

Have a read. :cry:  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/us/coronavirus-nursing-home-kirkland-life-care.html

and this https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/times-watchdog/coronavirus-spread-in-a-kirkland-nursing-home-for-weeks-while-response-stalled/

Someone dropped the ball big fucking time and it wasn't the people that were housed there.         

I have read the article and I agree there was several things that could have and should have been done. In the early stages of these virus, most of us in healthcare were trying to come to terms with how to deal and treat this. Its been chaotic and stressful at times believe me.  The article you quotes mentions that this was a worse case scenario, sadly that doesnt help those who got sick and died. 

As a healthcare provider, I can say without a doubt that we do our best and our priority is the care of patients. Sometimes we fall short but we are willing  to put ourselves in harms way if needed to save others. I can not say that with anymore sincerity.

Now that I have that way. As for your statement.

Your level of "Monday morning quarterbacking" is not useful and yes unproductive. Like any profession, we in healthcare are open to constructive criticism which you havent given at all. I have heard you bitch and moan about healthcare providers twice in two different states and you profess to not rippin on doctors?  This is huge crisis! We are managing something that we have never seen in our lifetime.  If you do not have constructive things to say with your complaining, then I suggest you take it outside or better yet,  join me in the hospital, dawn on PPE that covers you from head to toe and make a difference. God knows we can do with the help! If not, grow a set of balls and shut the hell up.

Now isnt the time to bitch and do nothing, Im all open to that later but now we assistance. 

Sorry for the rants guys, just stressed out.

Pete (Ter)

• Member ID:  1217
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978

Pete I don't think anybody is really upset with the Dr 's cuzz we all know yall are our front lines of this. I think EVERY person on this planet is stressed out about it and right now all  anybody is doing is pointing the finger at anything that  comes out as messed up .... I thank all of you for being our line of defense on this. I really wish I knew for sure what was going on with me ....I did my part but I feel like I was brushed aside because of them not having what is needed to protect them selves and they SHOULD think about them selves also . In this state they are already running out of stuff to take care of the sick. 

42 minutes ago, Giggles said:

Pete I don't think anybody is really upset with the Dr 's cuzz we all know yall are our front lines of this. I think EVERY person on this planet is stressed out about it and right now all  anybody is doing is pointing the finger at anything that  comes out as messed up .... I thank all of you for being our line of defense on this. I really wish I knew for sure what was going on with me ....I did my part but I feel like I was brushed aside because of them not having what is needed to protect them selves and they SHOULD think about them selves also . In this state they are already running out of stuff to take care of the sick. 

Hey Giggles

Thanks for the kind words and its very unfortunate that someone made you feel that way. I know we are making tough choices as we speak on how we treat suspected cases. This province has been amazingly well in respect to testing, which is vital. We seem to be doing well with supplies though i think they will become shorter as this progresses.

Im glad that your doing all that you can do to minimize the spread of this and I can agree more, as a mom you deserve a dam medal as it is. I hope you are well and please stay safe. As for my stress, let me PM you to give you more prospective to that.

J3st3r, Sorry buddy, you caught me on a bad day.

Thx

Edited by PimpedOutPete

Stressed out is an understatement, I think alot of people are nearly in full panic mode lol.   I just don't want or need my dad getting this crap. With as many health conditions as he has I doubt that he would have a chance in fighting this crap off.  He doesn't get out much unless he has a doctors appointment.

I'm sure that every Son or Daughter has the same concerns especially if there parent/s have existing health problems.

I've had several bad experiences with our local hospitals and there doctors. 

My 92 year old grandmother fell and broke her hip. She was a very active,kind and funny person and in really good medical and physical condition considering her age. She mowed her own 2 acre yard and planted a big garden every year and she taught sunday school at her church. But while she was in the hospital she got a bad case of Pneumonia which she did not recover from. Who's to blame? I have no idea. Maybe it was just her time to go.  

Dad was given an experimental drug by his Doctor down at UPMC Bedford Memorial to help with his Diabetes and it caused his kidneys to shut down and he had what they called a mild heart attack which caused irregular heart rate. They life-flighted him up to Johnstown Conemaugh Memorial. They installed a pace maker to deal with his irregular heart rate after they got him stable. After 2 months in intensive care and 4 months of going in once a week for dialysis and a year of outpatient treatment his Kidneys are back up to 80% and slowly climbing. He's 71 and back to his grumpy self for the most part but he is a bit frail. He lost around 100 lbs in the 2 months that he was in intensive care. He weighed around 260lbs now he weighs 158lbs.

I am concerned and I have a rite to be especially knowing the way that things like this can easily be mishandled. But this isn't the place for my ramblings and I am sorry @PimpedOutPete I wasn't pointing fingers at the whole healthcare profession and definitely not you. I have nothing but pure respect and admiration to anyone that helps people in need.

Edited by J3st3r

1 hour ago, J3st3r said:

Stressed out is an understatement, I think alot of people are nearly in full panic mode lol.   I just don't want or need my dad getting this crap. With as many health conditions as he has I doubt that he would have a chance in fighting this crap off.  He doesn't get out much unless he has a doctors appointment.

I'm sure that every Son or Daughter has the same concerns especially if there parent/s have existing health problems.

I've had several bad experiences with our local hospitals and there doctors. 

My 92 year old grandmother fell and broke her hip. She was a very active,kind and funny person and in really good medical and physical condition considering her age. She mowed her own 2 acre yard and planted a big garden every year and she taught sunday school at her church. But while she was in the hospital she got a bad case of Pneumonia which she did not recover from. Who's to blame? I have no idea. Maybe it was just her time to go.  

Dad was given an experimental drug by his Doctor down at UPMC Bedford Memorial to help with his Diabetes and it caused his kidneys to shut down and he had what they called a mild heart attack which caused irregular heart rate. They life-flighted him up to Johnstown Conemaugh Memorial. They installed a pace maker to deal with his irregular heart rate after they got him stable. After 2 months in intensive care and 4 months of going in once a week for dialysis and a year of outpatient treatment his Kidneys are back up to 80% and slowly climbing. He's 71 and back to his grumpy self for the most part but he is a bit frail. He lost around 100 lbs in the 2 months that he was in intensive care. He weighed around 260lbs now he weighs 158lbs.

I am concerned and I have a rite to be especially knowing the way that things like this can easily be mishandled. But this isn't the place for my ramblings and I am sorry @PimpedOutPete I wasn't pointing fingers at the whole healthcare profession and definitely not you. I have nothing but pure respect and admiration to anyone that helps people in need.

I understand my friend. As I mentioned to Giggles in a PM, its the unknown that makes this even more upsetting. This situation is changing on an hourly basis, speculation seems to be the norm these days and there are more questions than answers. Your concerns are very valid and I can understand the fears and frustration you must be feeling. 

I apologize for me loosing my goose earlier, it was uncalled for. I too have someone very close to me that this virus could be extremely harmful to. We all have to do what we can to prevent this. 

• Member ID:  244
  • Followers:  120
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1235
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  11005
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/09/1979

new rules in netherlands, all restaurants bars etc close till 1 jun 2020

• Member ID:  3453
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  668
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5126
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

my wife RN and they done even have enuff supplies to protect them selves let alone might bring it home . and if they have flu then they dont check for covid 19 but yet they could be carring both  so they not allowed to use n95 mask for flu patience . and why in use where only one u see all the pic where other countries r where hazmat suit but r DR and nurse cant even get enuff masks it shame.

• Member ID:  2741
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1607
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/06/1978

I think everybody needs to buy this specially @Tron

calm tp.jpg

• Member ID:  26915
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  921
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  14874
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/14/1968

Awards

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50962
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981

I barely call into work.  Usually I'll just take some Tylenol and cold meds, and wear a mask, but today because of what's going on I'm staying home because of my elderly residents. I absolutely hate calling off but even a sore throat is something you can't come in with. I hope everyone takes precautions like this no matter what. Stay safe guy's. ❤

UK just went onto lockdown as of last night. Guess I'm not having that Chinese after all ?

10 hours ago, MenTaL said:

I think everybody needs to buy this specially @Tron