Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Coronavirus in the USA for My Fellow Idiots

Tron

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  6082
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  50713
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Windows

On 3/6/2020 at 3:00 PM, YACCster said:

Seriously, Dr. Oz....

What's your point? :D

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

3 hours ago, ShinyAbsol said:

I wonder if you could smoke this? @kage @FunkyJosh>XI< 

lol That's the 1st thing that I thought of when I seen that.

• Member ID:  922
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  3472
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Achievement Points:  23224
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/01/1975

confinment seems to work, as here in Belgium, we noticed less hospitalized cases than the previous day for 2 or 3 days now, so the curve is getting flat. This is a good news for the hospitals and all the brave medical workers.

confinments rules are stronger everyday, but we have to do this. 

Edited by ChknFngr

• Member ID:  27872
  • Group:  +++ ARK Head Admin
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  3998
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1993

still have people walking in groups around here i still have to go to work after they clarified the term key workers and the like transportation also includes the spannering side too apparently so i see people driving to and from peoples houses still on my way in and my way back home even though your not supposed to do stuff like that now unless it's caring for a vulnerable person but when it's a group of people it isn't allowed

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Heard that some idiots... four of them... all decided to go for a drive in a car. Needless to say, they didn't have a valid reason for it and instant huge fine when pulled over..

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

On 3/5/2020 at 6:57 PM, Tron said:

Greetings friends,

I would like to start this post by stating that my goal is not to instill panic, but to provide an analysis on this situation which I believe I am qualified to do and to perhaps prompt some of you to take this Covid-19 situation more seriously. I have an undergraduate degree in Biochemistry, a Doctor of Medicine degree and completed my residency training at the Mayo Clinic. I practiced medicine for 10 years. I have co-authored several scientific papers and know how to interpret scientific data. I have spent dozens of hours over the last 6 weeks combing through the available data surrounding this virus outbreak. This is not “just another flu”. The main reason for serious concern is the fact that our medical system is not prepared or equipped to deal with the surge in demand we are likely to see as this situation unfolds. While our government did eventually cut off travel arrivals from China, it was too little too late. Hundreds of thousands of people from China arrived in America before this ban went into effect, many of them likely infected and asymptomatic. Additionally, our CDC and FDA were asleep at the wheel, and in typical government bureaucratic fashion fucked the management of this up due to their desire to maintain total control of the testing procedure. This is now a situation of containment. It’s a numbers game. Yes, if you are under 65 and healthy you are not likely to become seriously ill if infected with Covid-19. However, do you have family, friends or neighbors that are older, or have pre-existing health problems? Are you willing to be so cavalier about this outbreak and be the reason one of these people ends up hospitalized? We do not have the capacity here in America to deal with tens of thousands of people that need an ICU bed. We have about 100k ICU beds here in the USA. At this very moment, approximately 75-80k of those beds are occupied with people sick from all sorts of regular ailments (yes, including some with “regular flu”) Below are some recently updated  numbers from Italy and Korea to hopefully wake you “it’s just the flu” bros the fuck up. 

Italy

-Total cases +25% 3089—->3858
-Death Toll +38% 107—->148
-ICU +19% 295—>351
-Hospitalized +33% 1346—->1790

Horrific data points out of Lombardy, Italy

9-10% cases in ICU

10% of doctors and nurses can’t work because they tested positive

South Korea

-Total cases 5766—>6284
-Death toll 35—>42

Almost all of the data coming out of China has been complete bullshit. Including all of the latest data showing that they have almost no new cases and most people have recovered.  At one point in China, 700 million people were locked down and forced to home quarantine. Do you honestly believe they would do that for “just another flu”? Here in America we have been behind the curve and have not been doing the appropriate amount of testing and social distancing needed to slow the spread enough to prevent eventually overwhelming our healthcare system. South Korea has done a much better job with this, and they still are dealing with a rapid increase in cases. If this doesn’t change soon, we are in big trouble here in America. We cannot build a hospital in 10 days like they did in China. We do not have excess ventilators and nursing staff. If you do not take this situation seriously, you are actually becoming part of the problem. I wish all of you the best. I consider all of you my friends, and I hope that none of you ultimately become sick, or have a family member who becomes sick. I’d recommend obvious common sense stuff such as frequent hand washing and using hand sanitizer, but I’d also suggest avoiding crowded situations if they are not necessary. It’s possible that if enough people change their behavior, and all of the large conferences and gatherings are canceled or postponed we can minimize the impact of this on our society. If not, we are going to have a similar situation to China and Italy very soon. It’s entirely possible it’s too late to stop that from occurring. Be prepared for school closures and travel disruptions. Ideally, be prepared to spend a minimum of two weeks (three-four better) without leaving your home. Have enough food, medicine, (alcohol) etc that you could hunker down and avoid contact with others and public places. Chances of needing to do this are not astronomical, but they are also not zero. 

Peace out and good luck.

I went to med school for 2 years before realizing that my true passion was pol science and economics.  I dont know much, but have the privilege to have some great doctors in the family. I've sent them your post and they all agree with you 100%. Some are Canadians, other Italians and even Brazilians.  This is a pandemic, not a political movement trying to conquer the world, so we should stick strictly to science, rather than trying to "solve" health issues by decrees.

• Member ID:  2741
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1607
  • Birthday:  04/06/1978

• Member ID:  922
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  3472
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Achievement Points:  23224
  • Birthday:  10/01/1975

18 hours ago, ChknFngr said:

confinment seems to work, as here in Belgium, we noticed less hospitalized cases than the previous day for 2 or 3 days now, so the curve is getting flat. This is a good news for the hospitals and all the brave medical workers.

confinments rules are stronger everyday, but we have to do this. 

spoke too soon,

yesterday we had a new record of dead people and hospital admissions.

• Member ID:  26915
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  921
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  14874
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/14/1968
  • Device:  Macintosh

6 hours ago, MenTaL said:

Why you got to repost my shit?

Awards

• Member ID:  2741
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1607
  • Birthday:  04/06/1978

1 hour ago, piglo said:

Why you got to repost my shit?

Like I told you before I do not look for post from fictional and fake profiles!

If you want me to look for it just post as yacster. I see piglo I just scroll by it.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Checked out a couple of the 'toilet paper fight' videos on youtube. They are truly sad. Even though often the ones instigating the fights were in the right. Nobody needs six 24-pack cases of TP. The saddest ones though? The vids showing people stealing TP from public restrooms.

• 8 months later...

• Member ID:  26764
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  8104
  • Days Won:  17

On 3/11/2020 at 3:15 PM, Tron said:

This recommendation to buy stocks two days ago isn't going to age very well. I'm up almost $24k this week shorting S&P Futures...I'm also up another $16k in the account I trade options in. All put options. Best week ever. I'm also well prepared for the shit storm our country is about to experience with this pandemic, which he has also tried to minimize as fake news. I'd have to say in summary...do not listen to Sixgun.

ES03112020.thumb.JPG.f9e10de9ec7266e6e0e762d0d8bfec39.JPG

0?ui=2&ik=dbc03beb94&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1685118262140318141&th=1762be219b65b1bd&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_A4_LPhLHelbAQIJyzJYc5Zk8DblCxR3wO8LlAmgEb9TpXrnxXab8cGMNwdbzTUiLVERwHGa9yg9FtYOFBSsFTfKqXIjGq6f9ifmab_imjmvFuDQlc0CCpQ_k&disp=emb

yeah clearly don't listen to me @Tron I am up 51% since the start of this little virus making a total of $344,000