Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

For the working folks

TheLastColdBeer

• Member ID:  3682
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1834
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  14780
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/12/1960
  • Device:  Android

@EastCoast50  ...D class, huh?  I thought you retired...  @icequeenherb should be C class by now while yall lick stamps and download pictures of vehicles zipping thru abandoned construction sites with no workers so you can have cash for cook outs and more fucking speed trap cameras.  What the fuck happened to the cruiser with a breathing police officer holding a radar gun that was invented to see how fast a pitcher threw a fucking baseball!! And who was the original assclown that had the great idea to use it to give people speeding tickets!  I'm gonna get on google, find his or her name and then cough on them! 

• Member ID:  25026
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  530
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  7122
  • Days Won:  9
  • Device:  Windows

1 minute ago, spinpuppy said:

@EastCoast50  ...D class, huh?  I thought you retired...  @icequeenherb should be C class by now while yall lick stamps and download pictures of vehicles zipping thru abandoned construction sites with no workers so you can have cash for cook outs and more fucking speed trap cameras.  What the fuck happened to the cruiser with a breathing police officer holding a radar gun that was invented to see how fast a pitcher threw a fucking baseball!! And who was the original assclown that had the great idea to use it to give people speeding tickets!  I'm gonna get on google, find his or her name and then cough on them! 

Here's your speed camera ticket, sir. You have 30 seconds to comply ...

LevMCPportraitSKULL.jpg

5 minutes ago, spinpuppy said:

BTW, IceQueenHerb is a Dickless Tracy. She investigates thefts of dildos from unlocked vehicles. I, on the other hand, AM retired. I don't have to deal with you Wuhan fuckers or their kind. I hide in the mountains, collect a check every month and laugh with a cold beer in my hand. Well, I deal with pugs. Which is pretty much the same thing. FML  

History[edit]

The radar speed gun was invented by John L. Barker Sr., and Ben Midlock, who developed radar for the military while working for the Automatic Signal Company (later Automatic Signal Division of LFE Corporation) in Norwalk, CT during World War II. Originally, Automatic Signal was approached by Grumman Aircraft Corporation to solve the specific problem of terrestrial landing gear damage on the now-legendary PBY Catalina amphibious aircraft. Barker and Midlock cobbled a Doppler radar unit from coffee cans soldered shut to make microwave resonators. The unit was installed at the end of the runway (at Grumman's Bethpage, NY facility), and aimed directly upward to measure the sink rate of landing PBYs. After the war, Barker and Midlock tested radar on the Merritt Parkway.[1] In 1947, the system was tested by the Connecticut State Police in Glastonbury, Connecticut, initially for traffic surveys and issuing warnings to drivers for excessive speed. Starting in February 1949, the state police began to issue speeding tickets based on the speed recorded by the radar device.[2] In 1948, radar was also used in Garden City, New York.[3]

And I thought it was for a fucking baseball!   I hate these guys

In the Beginning, There Were SpeedersBack to Top

Police Used Bicycles to Enforce Speed Limitsg1

radar-g1-john-scheussler-1900-0115-tammany-times-p30.jpg Bicycle Roundsman
John Schuessler c1899 radar-g1-nytimes-1899-0521-schuessler.jpg NY Times
5/21/1899 The first traffic arrest was made 5/20/1899 to a taxi driver, Jacob German, in NYC operating an electric vehicle, by 26 year old New York City police officer, Bicycle Roundsman John Schuessler. Mr. German did not have the luxury of a paper ticket, he was jailed. This vehicle was a terror on the streets of New York, blazing along Lexington Avenue at an estimated 12 mph. The posted speed limit was 8 mph.

Roundsman Schuessler had been promoted during then Colonel Theodore Roosevelt's tenure on the Board of Police Commissioners.

Mr. German drove for the Electric Vehicle Company. In 1897, the company began leasing its cabs in New York City, and by 1899, there were 60 of these electric taxis called "Electrobats" in the city. The drivers would return the cars each night to a battery station on Broadway, to swap for newly charged batteries.

radar-g1-nyc-electric-taxi.jpg Electric Taxi NYC
c1899 radar-g1-nyc-electric-taxi2.jpg Electrobat Taxi
c1899 Hemmings had this to say about the early 'Electrobats':
they used 800 pounds of lead-acid batteries, steered with the rear wheels, drove through the front, had a top speed of about 15 MPH and took eight hours to recharge. About 200 were on the streets of Manhattan in 1900, but they seem to have gone extinct by about 1910.

Electrobats in 1901
Thomas Edison film 0:44 mark

12 miles an hour????  Gets arrested for speeding?  Sure this didn't happen in Maryland?

Edited by spinpuppy

• Member ID:  23233
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2375
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  18824
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/11/1963

On 4/18/2020 at 9:34 AM, spinpuppy said:

I had that shit in February.  I know of 2 people at work who were hospitalized for pneumonia like symptoms, but it wasn't pneumonia ( cdc requires hospitals to test for type of pneumonia, test failed in both cases).  One case was just after Thanksgiving and the other was December 29th.  I was in very close contact with these people.  In the middle of February, another associate, Alisa, had the same symtoms 4 days before I showed symptoms.  I had a high fever, absolutely zero energy to even move, I felt I weighed 400 lbs.  Shortness of breath after walking 10 feet, and that fucking cough.  Coughed for weeks.  I slept day and night for 2 days straight.  Fever went away and I went back to work on the third day and coughed, a lot.  No one else in my store got it, as bad as Alisa and I anyway.  

Once again I say " I believe none of what I hear and half of what I see".  I have plasma for yall if you need it!  ?

Myself also was sick quite same as you pneumonia like symptoms . fever , pains in muscles, coughing a lot worst in evenings , and bubbles like sound in lungs.

i was returning from a cruise ship march 2nd. iwas tested negative but i still think that was it .

Thx i did took my retirement in january and did not have to work fucking night shifts anymore.

But all my wishes to those who still work and have to confront the risk of been infected..

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1744
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15647
  • Days Won:  4

On 4/18/2020 at 9:39 AM, spinpuppy said:

Starting 4-20-20  I have to stand at the front door of my Home Depot and not only count customers, but also not allow customers in without a mask on.  And I HAVE to wear a mask as well.  This is now the law in PA.  

your company is doing your customers a favor by making you wear that mask,before they were getting complaints of you scaring the customers away......mostly children...oh yeah....and F.U. !

:evil:

Edited by Streetcleaner

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41007
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

https://www.woodtv.com/health/coronavirus/w-mi-doctor-among-first-to-offer-covid-19-antibody-tests/

This is just one article on the Michigan anti-body tests. Looks like somebody is finally using their noodle & doing block testing for valuable & useful data. Wish them well, they might clear up a lot of fog. Around these parts, our hospitals have an ugly MRSA problem, and that was going on long before Rona arrived. Unless your building is a stainless steel sphere, it's near impossible to clean every nook & cranny. I bet a lot of deaths caused by complications of COVID19 are nasties picked up in the hospital while the immune system was busy. Can't fight everything at once.

If you have to go to the hospital around here, it's an automatic quarantine from work. They don't want you back, because it's automatically assumed you've been exposed. Can't blame them for taking that precaution, it's too logical.

96.5F so I'm on my way in. Remember people, the only person that's responsible for your health & safety is....you.

I mentioned being threatened about remaining working, that brought a round of laughs. " Maybe they need to see our cardiologists, they're experts at reducing blood pressure." "Physiologists too, they'll be real calm after a visit, all their worries will fade to black." "Fever? That goes away the closer to ambient you get."

96.3F, going to the office. Try & maintain a sense of humor over this ordeal, no matter how macabre.

• Member ID:  1387
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19551
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

The contradictory BULLSHIT has me wondering why the fuck I did not leave The Peep's Republic Of Ct Long Ago. I Will Be Voting with my Feet Soon as Possible....

Scumbag, Unelected, Fucktard, Lefty's deciding who works and who does not, peoples entire family run businesses will be lost, while the Governor Sits in his Ivory Towers...

96.3f......I'm going to work. Still no tests available for us, anti-body or otherwise. Chicago has them all. Amused me to see Kentucky reported a "spike" the day after a protest. Wow, you've got tests available immediately after something like that, yet those of us in the workforce can't be tested for anything?

Weathermen & the medical field are the only occupations I know of that can be wrong over 50% of the time & remain in business. Like mom said, they don't call it a practice for nothing.

Wash your little mittens, don't cough on anybody, & it'll all be ok. Or not, I don't make guarantees. Ain't in the guarantee bidness.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

14 hours ago, TheLastColdBeer said:

96.3f......I'm going to work. Still no tests available for us, anti-body or otherwise. Chicago has them all. Amused me to see Kentucky reported a "spike" the day after a protest. Wow, you've got tests available immediately after something like that, yet those of us in the workforce can't be tested for anything?

Weathermen & the medical field are the only occupations I know of that can be wrong over 50% of the time & remain in business. Like mom said, they don't call it a practice for nothing.

Wash your little mittens, don't cough on anybody, & it'll all be ok. Or not, I don't make guarantees. Ain't in the guarantee bidness.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/us/az-nurse-coronavirus-rally-trnd/index.html

From where I stand, these so called medical personnel are putting themselves in harms way to save others loved ones and family.  Tragically some will lose that battle, but at least your weather report will 100 percent true.. “dark, clearing by morning”. 

97F going in to work.

Pete, a newly minted physician straight from India took over for my wife's practitioner, who retired. He was (is) a procedure machine, not at diagnostic man. Lori was a double transplant patient survivor of twenty-five years, and a Doctor of Pharmacy herself. His changing her rejection medication led directly to her death, but hey, it's the new procedure. My uncle was completely mis-diagnosed  by Dixon, & then by Rockford, leading to his death on the operation table in Sterling, Illinois. Sorry was all we ever got from any of them.

To the people who are taking risks in the medical field, hat's off, but it's the game you chose to play. You knew the risks. We volunteered to stay at the helm not knowing the risks, and have been harangued for it. That makes me a little annoyed. 

When I said we were nice people, I meant it, we are. However, we answer to people who are nice to know, even though they don't care about your safety, or your health. They care about security, and that's ALL they care about. I respect them for what they do. I'll give credit where credit is due.

Beers

What happened in your past saddens me and it is profoundly regretful. I can’t speak for my profession but only to say the vast majority of us do our work in the hopes of improving others lives and helping someone. I chose this profession cause I enjoy working with people and genuinely want to make a difference. For 30 years that’s been the case.

Yes, you are correct most of us knew the risks. We acknowledge those risks and we still do our work. We risk ourselves and even worse the people we love by being infected and bringing this home. 

I understand your mistrust and you obvious have a right to that, but please do myself a favor and all healthcare providers and consider tempering that for now. We need people to have faith and trust that we are doing all we can to save lives. We don’t need people mistrusting us and doing something silly like not getting medical assistance when they truly need it.

We are not an exact science and most of us are doing our best specially in these trying times. 

Again, I am sorry for what has happened in the past, in today’s world, we are putting our own lives in harms way to help others and their loved ones. Myself and my girls will continue to that.

Todays weather, sunny. Stay safe. 

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

Not only my Doctor but my friend....I too am sorry for your past experiences but this guy was nothing but concerned, no matter what was going on....

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/42028013/community-remembers-beloved-nutley-doctor-who-died-from-covid19

I went to the beer store the other day and wore a mask. I felt like a robber. It was great. I picked the wrong profession.

Old school police when we had a RADAR unit on the dash of every car. I was 20 years old.

SBPold.jpg

My cruiser when I retired in 2019. Times change. That Dodge Charger scared the fuck outta me ... it was faaaaaaast! Because hemi.

20180513_204707.jpg

96.6F, day off today. EastCoast50, got a retired Los Angeles Sheriff that keeps me in stitches with his daily texts. Dave & I worked at Eagles supermarket as kids (all us old Eagles alumni stay in touch) and his humor hasn't changed a lick. He moved out to LA after college & got married, raised two boys. He's not pleased with the way things have turned out & his sarcasm is heavy, but still funny. He  collects handguns with little horseys on them, and a large cabinet of saps.

Know what you mean about the facial coverings, our beloved Gov'ner has just told us we're required to wear masks in public starting next week. That just COULDN'T coincide with a mask purchase he arranged directly with China, order must've arrived.

Hard to take the guy seriously when Chicago is still shipping out their best & brightest gang-bangers all around the state. Chicago arranges section eight housing & buys up all the leases they can find. Their transplants hang around here for a bit & then magically find their way back to the city, most to the morgue.

Since it's pouring cats & dogs outside, I think I'll join the people on DM1 for a little time killing, cyas there.

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  28261
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  254
  • Days Won:  0

With everyone going back and forth on this ridiculousness I chose not to watch the news or the President anymore. Its almost like watching two kids argue. The media and Trump just go back and forth all the time. 

96.8F, going in to work.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/494034-the-data-are-in-stop-the-panic-and-end-the-total-isolation

Good article & makes a lot of sense. Anyone questioned the amount of suicides & drug overdoses because of these stay-at-home orders? Hopelessness & depression are killers too, count that cost. Never in my life have I witnessed our mayors, governors, and news media portray fear as a solution. Fear? Be afraid?

Walter Cronkite never allowed fear to come across on his broadcasts, Richard Threlkeld reported from a firefight in Vietnam, damn, where are people like that today?  Nope, we have Brian Stelter crying.  I miss Walter, he would have told us to have courage, be wary, and gauge the risks, like adults have throughout history.

Walter Kronkite.jpg

1 hour ago, TheLastColdBeer said:

96.8F, going in to work.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/494034-the-data-are-in-stop-the-panic-and-end-the-total-isolation

Good article & makes a lot of sense. Anyone questioned the amount of suicides & drug overdoses because of these stay-at-home orders? Hopelessness & depression are killers too, count that cost. Never in my life have I witnessed our mayors, governors, and news media portray fear as a solution. Fear? Be afraid?

Walter Cronkite never allowed fear to come across on his broadcasts, Richard Threlkeld reported from a firefight in Vietnam, damn, where are people like that today?  Nope, we have Brian Stelter crying.  I miss Walter, he would have told us to have courage, be wary, and gauge the risks, like adults have throughout history.

Walter Kronkite.jpg

Interesting article, and I agree that its time we begin to open our respective countries to business (which by all accounts is happening). My thoughts are open cautiously for human nature has an awful habit of forgetting the past.

My only concerns:

Fact One- "The overwhelming majority of people are not at risk of Covid-19, and that modelling had it completely wrong". What that statement fails to mention is that all prevention prior to have helped lesion the curve. We all witnessed what was happening in China and Italy and it seemed pretty bleak. We have all take credit, in that we took what was happening and we put data to good use.  

Fact Three: "Vital population immunity by total isolation is prolonging the problem" That is true but up to this point it also has been saving lives. We also are assuming that the bodies response system will react the same as it has to other viruses which we dont know yet. Remember, this is only months old, there has been cases of re-infection and wide spread reports that unreliable antibody test have flooded the market. 

To your point of Beers about fear. Who would have thought that a virus such as this would cause a run on anything like toilet paper (excuse the pun). Hell, they are now mentioning Killer Hornets, my first thought was should i go get more toilet paper?  I think fear of the unknown is what drives people. Sadly politicians have been doing this for sometime and worse these days. Fear your neighbor for they believe in something different than yourself.

Only one more point.  From a public standpoint, one of the worse things that could happen to a model is that it works. If a projected model helps us social distance and putting preventative measures lessen the curve, it then counter acts what we have done successfully. This is called the "paradox of prevention", if it works people assume the things we were trying to fix were not a bad as they thought... BIG MISTAKE!

I noticed a few examples of this, Both Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham have taken offense that the number of ICU beds and ventilators required have not materialize, in effect we all should be outraged. What? shouldnt we pleased that what we have done has lessened the effect and we ha to error on precaution for what was happening in Italy. 

In the end we have a lot to learn from Covid-19. Its hard to people to respond to a threat when they cant see its worst effects, and worst some will insist that the threat never existed. 

96.6F going in to work.

Never said there wasn't/isn't a threat, or this was a phoney disease. It is, and needs to be taken seriously. My take, and the opinions of everyone we have contacts with that remained working, are that they were way too late in identifying what was happening and taking corrective steps. Political correctness interfered.

Wuflu.thumb.jpg.13cbb0dc875f57e1555ea40093d8466b.jpg

Here's the path the virus took when the Chinese realized they had a problem, and bailed out, bringing the virus with them. Chicago, in their brightest moments, continued moving people straight down RT55 & RT80 bisecting the state, exposing us all. I say exposed, because some became deathly ill, while others had very few effects. Are we immune? An immune system is a line of defense, and any defense can be overwhelmed or breached. I do feel for the people constantly exposed, because they are the ones whose immune systems are taxed, and frequently fail. Monitor your health daily, & practice personal hygiene. Life is something to part of, not something to be afraid of what might happen. You don't know. The "experts" don't know, and some of them are complicit in this whole ordeal, for money or otherwise.