Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

New Version of Portal and Demo Manager

Sitting-Duc

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5333
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Achievement Points:  41334
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992
  • Device:  Android

• Member ID:  27254
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  3265
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1985
  • Device:  Windows

On 5/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, Sitting-Duc said:

Yesterday I launched the new version of the XI Portal, this has been my pet project this lock-down to learn new technologies and try and keep sane (it has not worked 100% effectively). 

The XI Portal is usable by registered users, members and admins. It is geared towards monitoring our servers and sharing information so there are lots of hidden features only available to the admin team (such as player manager, banning, etc.).

I have especially enjoyed working on player and map tracking which is now visible on a server details page:

image.thumb.png.fc4b4491d31385b61cd66c0bfd02e16a.png 

It is also possible to download the map files directly here if you have any issues getting them from the server.

There is a new version of the Demo Manager to work with the new portal. The Demo Manager is supported by COD2/4/5 and allow easy setup of keybinds for recording and the ability to share demos with the relevant admin team. The latest version is in the download section on this website. You will need to uninstall the previous version before installing and configure it with the 'auth key' that can be retrieved by logging into the portal.

Hope it is of some use, either way I have learned allot of new tools, technologies and techniques so am happy. 

Now onto the next project...

I have downloaded the new Demo MAnager but get an error, Is it because we as Mods dont have access to the demos?

Error"Failed to download remote repository. AuthError: Auth key supported but invalid. Try re-installing the auth key on your client"

It would be good to have access to these demos, can maybe learn something and know what to look out for. Even if its just for viewing.

@BlackRose

• Member ID:  2208
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  301
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3601
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37500
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963

yes I guess we had a test look before @ShaunZAR,,, we cant see what we did before. I have not dl the new version yet

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5333
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Achievement Points:  41334
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992

8 hours ago, ShaunZAR said:

I have downloaded the new Demo MAnager but get an error, Is it because we as Mods dont have access to the demos?

Error"Failed to download remote repository. AuthError: Auth key supported but invalid. Try re-installing the auth key on your client"

It would be good to have access to these demos, can maybe learn something and know what to look out for. Even if its just for viewing.

@BlackRose

Although the error message isn't the greatest (I will update that). It is trying to tell you that you have entered an incorrect auth key and need to update it. Same as before the auth key is in the portal under 'Demo Manager' -> 'Demo Client'. Simply open the demo manager on your PC, click 'Help' -> 'Auth Key' and enter the correct key.

As for access to all demos - speak to the head admins to see what they would like, if that's fine then I can make the change. Permissions are easily changeable.

6 hours ago, BlackRose said:

yes I guess we had a test look before @ShaunZAR,,, we cant see what we did before. I have not dl the new version yet

Before it was a quick no-authentication/authorisation app that was thrown together, then evolved to have authentication, now finally evolved to have both. 

• Member ID:  3682
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1834
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  14780
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/12/1960

NICE!  Where is the toilet paper link?

• Member ID:  23622
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5649
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  01/01/1954

I just tried logging into the portal and am not able to with error 500.   Not sure if my account or if there is currently a problem with the portal.   @Sitting-Duc

Thank you ...

** update, tried a little later and got in fine.. not sure what happened .. please disregard.

portal_login.jpg

Edited by E-raser