Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

New version of the MW2 1.47 mod needs testing

Ruggerxi

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11854
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106400
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  Windows

Can we get a group of people in this server to test the new version of the mod please

192.223.24.172:28960 >XI< MW2 TDM 1.47

password is goodtimes

Reply here with any findings

Thank you

Edited by Ruggerxi

• Member ID:  2995
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  690
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  4434
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Achievement Points:  48547
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  02/13/1966

Will this mod be TDM?  Or is it going to be freezetag when it's ready?  

Is it going to replace MW2 146b9?

1 minute ago, WldPenguin said:

Will this mod be TDM?  Or is it going to be freezetag when it's ready?  

Is it going to replace MW2 146b9?

Freezetag

The plan is to replace it

• Member ID:  907
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26177
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

Any particular differences to specifically look out for?  Bug fixes to check, etc.?  

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5088
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44663
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

1st thing that I see is that The Font is hard to read. 

Assault class guns Most notably the 308? or what ever it's called now fires much slower than they used to which is ok by me.

Mag size is now 20 rounds which seems to low given the amount of ammo that you have when you spawn also went down to 54. 

IMO the Mag size and amount of ammo that you can carry should not of been messed with since the fire rate was slowed down Significantly. The 308 fires 1/2 as fast as it did and has 1/2 the ammo and the clip size is much smaller that it was.

Scavenger gives you an extra 100 rounds. Having to Choose Scavenger instead of Armor Piercing because the 54 round ammo count on the assault class? That sucks giant goat balls. 

I had problems with several of the Assault guns doing a double reload. I would reload a partial clip then it would reload again if I started to sprint and a full clip of ammo would disappear. Only happens if you don't run Scavenger.

The Automatic Pistol should stay in the SMG class instead of the Pistol class. That thing is basically a small P90.       

The P90 has 300 rounds with very little recoil? And you can equip a fully automatic pistol that has another 150 rounds. If it stays that way the whole server will be running around with P90s just like they do in Server 1.

Keep nerfing the Assault class and everyone is either going to run P90s or find another game to play. People want easy to use guns with loads of ammo.   

Dragunov sniper rifle has WAY WAY to much recoil when firing while scoped in. It has 3 times greater recoil than the 50cal currently has.  

V-SAT feels like a M60 but with twice the recoil. Might want to "tweak" that a little. It's hard to use because it has so much recoil.

Edited by J3st3r

• Member ID:  2995
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  690
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  4434
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Achievement Points:  48547
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  02/13/1966

I did notice that some of the config settings had warnings if your current min or max are not within the set range......for example, it gave me a message that my maxfps needed to be adjusted within a certain range or else my screen was going to remain red.

16 hours ago, Bogleg said:

Any particular differences to specifically look out for?  Bug fixes to check, etc.?  

I didn't get a list from Sammy on everything that was changed so I would just play a couple rounds with some different kill streaks and guns.

13 hours ago, WldPenguin said:

I did notice that some of the config settings had warnings if your current min or max are not within the set range......for example, it gave me a message that my maxfps needed to be adjusted within a certain range or else my screen was going to remain red.

We have added this option to detour people from using things that change their FPS and the ability to turn off foliage and other things in the game. Making it more of a even battlefield for everyone

The max FPS for the game is 250 

15 hours ago, J3st3r said:

Assault class guns Most notably the 308? or what ever it's called now fires much slower than they used to which is ok by me.

Mag size is now 20 rounds which seems to low given the amount of ammo that you have when you spawn also went down to 54. 

IMO the Mag size and amount of ammo that you can carry should not of been messed with since the fire rate was slowed down Significantly. The 308 fires 1/2 as fast as it did and has 1/2 the ammo and the clip size is much smaller that it was.

Scavenger gives you an extra 100 rounds. Having to Choose Scavenger instead of Armor Piercing because the 54 round ammo count on the assault class? That sucks giant goat balls. 

I had problems with several of the Assault guns doing a double reload. I would reload a partial clip then it would reload again if I started to sprint and a full clip of ammo would disappear. Only happens if you don't run Scavenger.

The Automatic Pistol should stay in the SMG class instead of the Pistol class. That thing is basically a small P90.       

The P90 has 300 rounds with very little recoil? And you can equip a fully automatic pistol that has another 150 rounds. If it stays that way the whole server will be running around with P90s just like they do in Server 1.

Keep nerfing the Assault class and everyone is either going to run P90s or find another game to play. People want easy to use guns with loads of ammo.   

Dragunov sniper rifle has WAY WAY to much recoil when firing while scoped in. It has 3 times greater recoil than the 50cal currently has.  

V-SAT feels like a M60 but with twice the recoil. Might want to "tweak" that a little. It's hard to use because it has so much recoil.

Thank you for the review, I'll take this back to Sammy

• Member ID:  20683
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3348
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  45222
  • Device:  Macintosh

I played a bit with a few folks here yesterday and it was fun.  

It does feel like a significant change in many places.  I LOVE the red screen with the advice on changing your settings back, didn't see much difference at 40fps vs 250fps vs my normal 1000.  Agree with @J3st3r the font is a bit harder to read and thus less functional.

Noticed that the cooking of the Semtex nade works in a significantly different manner than before.

Think it would be very useful to arrange a time/date for bunch of players to get in and see how things work.

Moved to clan members discussion to get more people in to test

• Member ID:  23520
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  748
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7185
  • Days Won:  1

Played last night, it was like deja vu, I could have sworn I had played something similar before, oh wait...

The biggest changes are very similar if not the same as the ones many people railed against back in August. Here is one of my replies from that thread 

"I have seem many in this private message thread speak out about the proposed changes to the hopping in particular. I have not seen one person come to the defensive of the proposed changes to the jump settings. You can call it and exploit or a trick or whatever, but the fact remains the majority appear to like it the way it is. I did suggest on the forums a few months ago that there should be a vote on any major changes such as this, but in the absence of that the current evidence suggests the majority are in favor of it staying as it is. That is the best reason there is.

I would say having talked to people that the proposed changes to staying visible while in a killstreak are also unpopular. Fewer people have spoken out about this though, so its more difficult to gauge. I think this will have a large effect on the way the game is currently played though and should be strongly reconsidered. 

Again this is just my point of view. At the end of the day if changes are made that a majority like but I dislike and as such no longer enjoy playing on the server, I will go and play elsewhere."

Played with 7 regulars last night, no one liked the hopping or staying visible while in a killstreak, same as in the message thread 9 months ago.

Making major changes to one of the top ranked servers in a 12 year old game, or indeed in any game, seems nonsensical. I would be open to trying some new guns and killstreaks, but drastically altering gameplay because 5 people don't like hopping (but continue to play the server) is not something I'm interested in.

@Sixgun @P!nk @Dessy @Timmah! @Giggles @Dukoo @FUNky (although F funky he plays rust now ?)

Edited by Sharpe

8 minutes ago, Sharpe said:

Played last night, it was like deja vu, I could have sworn I had played something similar before, oh wait...

The biggest changes are very similar if not the same as the ones many people railed against back in August. Here is one of my replies from that thread 

"I have seem many in this private message thread speak out about the proposed changes to the hopping in particular. I have not seen one person come to the defensive of the proposed changes to the jump settings. You can call it and exploit or a trick or whatever, but the fact remains the majority appear to like it the way it is. I did suggest on the forums a few months ago that there should be a vote on any major changes such as this, but in the absence of that the current evidence suggests the majority are in favor of it staying as it is. That is the best reason there is.

I would say having talked to people that the proposed changes to staying visible while in a killstreak are also unpopular. Fewer people have spoken out about this though, so its more difficult to gauge. I think this will have a large effect on the way the game is currently played though and should be strongly reconsidered. 

Again this is just my point of view. At the end of the day if changes are made that a majority like but I dislike and as such no longer enjoy playing on the server, I will go and play elsewhere."

Played with 7 regulars last night, no one liked the hopping or staying visible while in a killstreak, same as in the message thread 9 months ago.

Making major changes to one of the top ranked servers in a 12 year old game, or indeed in any game, seems nonsensical. I would be open to trying some new guns and killstreaks, but drastically altering gameplay because 5 people don't like hopping (but continue to play the server) is not something I'm interested in.

@Sixgun @P!nk @Dessy @Timmah! @Giggles @Dukoo @FUNky (although F funky he plays rust now ?)

Thanks for the reply

• Member ID:  20683
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3348
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  45222
  • Device:  Macintosh

Just now, Ruggerxi said:

Anyone try out the new trophy system?

trophymodel_b.thumb.jpg.d4d1a326dc3024627e59695a371252a0.jpg

Yes, but not sure how it works!?

Just now, YACCster said:

It protects you from incoming killstreaks and @Sammy does it also protect you from bullets?

• Member ID:  1374
  • Followers:  60
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1354
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  10683
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  12/10/1971

9 minutes ago, YACCster said:

If it's anything like the system in MW 2019 it's used as a guard against grenades, launchers etc, stopping them from bouncing off your noggin & killing you

• Member ID:  3036
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Bullets no. Projectiles (grenade launchers, frags, smaws, rpgs, etc) as well as predators and reapers. Three rounds (as in MW:2019).  Radius is 384 units (apx 10 meters). Its in the tactical loadout so you throw it fast without having to switch weapons like claymores/betties.

The 308 ammo is too low. Should be 30 per magazine. With a max of 180 with scavenger. Will fix that today. Note that player primary weapons are to the match the stats of the weapons they replace. In this case the 308 = the g36c.

Edited by Sammy

Guest FunkyJosh>XI<

I've just been in and had a play around with the weapons etc, this seems a killer and deffo an improvement over 1.46, great work sammy 

For the machine pistol, it might be sharing ammo with smgs. Standard for sidearms and will need to check for that. P90 lovers have traditionally outfitted their class also with the M9 + bandolier for the shared ammo to get a P90 with 390 rounds.

Still working out the numbers for balance and all is subject to change but to give an idea of how it works. It has high RoF and large mag size. However it also has very high recoil, low damage per round, and anything beyond close range is a miss. So significantly different than the smg glock.

One thing about the P90. It has always been generally accepted that it is overpowered at long ranges as too accurate. Promod and some others have at times nerfed it in this regard. I can work with weapon spread if this is something to consider.

The SVU replaces the dragunov. The standard is that it has the highest recoil in the class but also has a higher damage multiplier to the chest compared to the M21 (RSASS in this mod) for example. 1.5 vs 1.1.

The LSAT recoil/spread is the same as the M60 but visually the gun model animation behaves differently. But its only visual and the player view and weapon performance are unchanged.

Forgot the streak 'visibility' thing was on. I do that for testing. Will fix that. Like those games everyone here spends 60+ bucks on... each time... things occasionally need to be tweaked or fixed and I will be doing that. ?

Oh and hop to your hearts content.

1 hour ago, Sharpe said:

The hoping should not of been changed at all, and the killstreak will be invisible after a little update from Sammy

Ah ok I see about the hopping. The usual config setting needs to be changed.

• Member ID:  23520
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  748
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7185
  • Days Won:  1

Ok that sounds good, I will be interested in taking another look once the hopping is fixed.

Do you intend to force shadows (sm_enable 1)? I usually prefer playing without them. 

1st thing that needs changed is the FONT. It's very hard to read the server list if you Launch the mod before joining the server let alone the weapon class names once you figure out which server to join. 

I called in 3 regular UAVs 1 after another last night. All 3 were flying around at the same time. Is it supposed to do that? Thought it was supposed to be only 1 per team and 1 at a time?

Snipers seem to be under-powered as far as chest hits. Tested it a bit last night and it took 4 center mass hits in the chest at 15 yards to kill. 

Body Armor seems to be OP unless the test server is not set on Hard Core? Every gun seems under powered when hitting anything but the head if the person that your trying to kill has Body Armor. Equipping Armor Piercing or Stopping Power does not seem to help.  

Knifing feels strange. Can't quite put my finger on wtf is going on but it feels sluggish an slower?

The AK47 VS HK416 in real life. AK47 600 rounds/min  HK416 (700–900 rounds/min depending on ammo type and the adjustable gas block). In game the AK47 fires alot slower than the HK416.   

The 308 with it's drastically reduced fire rate feels like your firing some sort of Magazine fed M60 with no recoil.

The new weapon Skins are nice but I think I would put all of the Guns back to there Stock values. I'm not sure that everyone likes your attempt to Balance the weapon classes. Some guns are just supposed to be better than others.  That is the way it is in Every shooter game that I have ever played. If people start complaining about a certain gun being OP then you can tweak it a bit.