Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

New version of the MW2 1.47 mod needs testing

Ruggerxi

• Member ID:  2056
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9313
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/17/1960
  • Device:  Windows

Thank you @Sammy for all the efforts and time dedicated to the new version of the game and also for taking time at answering all these posts lol!

On my side, I grumble a lot in game (sry for that but can't help it :lol:) but, in fact, I enjoy everything a lot.

All this fun and free of charge! Come on, it can't be true. And however, it is! ?

Just a comment concerning the RXCD which maybe could be fixed.

When u ride a car and it is killed by an EMP, it takes a long time to get back in game.

The worst situation is when the car is hit by the EMP when jumping. In this case, u have to wait until the car reaches the ground to get back in game.

Yesterday, my car was hit on a balcony and I had to wait for more than 1 mn before it went down to the ground floor (going down through the balcony) before I could get back in game.

Maybe I missed something like some key to be striked to get out of the killed car?

Thanks by advance!

Edited by VHS2

• Member ID:  2582
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  778
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  6919
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/22/1991

Posted this on the wrong thread earlier.

@Sharpe I appreciate the homework you have done to dig through the code, but in my opinion the Saritch in the previous mod was overpowered. It had no recoil, no bullet spread, and no crosshair sway while no other fully automatic assault rifle had that privilige, at the cost of a slow reload time. I like the AK-47, but it was mostly unreliable long range. You have a good eye, and I don't like being outshot at long range when I am hardscoped aiming at you with a sniper rifle because you have a laser beam weapon with infinite range and stopping power with Armor Piercing, even with a silencer. Since everyone used the Saritch, you never had to worry about running out of ammo or using Scavenger because you could always pick some up off the ground. I did not have this luxury with the AK-47 because no one used it for the reasons I mentioned above. I haven't tried the Saritch in the new mod, but after watching some of google's videos, while there might be a slight difference, maybe now it is less overpowered. I understand you want a reliabel weapon, we all do. Yes, maybe you can't spam long range, but maybe try tap firing it like a semi-automatic to see if the accuracy is better. As for me, I can't even shoot you with my .44 mag right now, so if you miss a few rounds, it doesn't make a difference to me. Maybe against some of the overpowered LMGs it will, but one thing I am glad I have learned while playing CoD WW2 is you can't have everything. 

This is my opinion. Please don't explode.

• Member ID:  2567
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  17117
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986

G3 is working really good, at least when I aim the head at middle range, I have an headshot, the best assault weapons I guess, but not automatic. It's a come back to the way I played on FT1, no rush, find sneaky spots and BAM ?

Most of players still have the LSAT, all the rounds you hear that big sound ??

Edited by Exe

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

The 44 mag might have a couple timing issues and will work on it.

For the car and emp,d in the air that is an old problem and not sure how to get around it but there might be a way. If you have ever noticed it also happens at the end of the round if you are in the air floating to the ground.

• Member ID:  319
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  876
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/26/1990

For putting a mod together this fast, I think it works pretty good considering I got 3 nukes in packages in one game. Thanks @Sammy  for all your hard work!!

-Chewy

Three tac nukes in one game? Ummm. That might be a little much.  ?

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

26 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Three tac nukes in one game? Ummm. That might be a little much.  ?

I’ve seen Teams get two per game on the regular. 

Edited by YACCster

4 minutes ago, YACCster said:

I’ve seen Teams get two per game on the regular. 

Meanwhile, I just want a SAM Turret (4 killstreak) because I think they are cool, and now most maps I am lucky if I get one because they all get stolen. The only real time I get to use them is if I survive until the end of the round and carry it over. Next round, though, I either place it immediately and then run and gun because if I die it will just get stolen, or I sit in a corner and wait for something like a helicopter to get called in to use the SAM Turret. I just like watching the animation. It is a well-designed killstreak and I like the concept. Yet people complain about my low ping and all the kills I get but have nothing to show for it. Meanwhile, someone can sit in a corner, do nothing, bait their teammates and just run from bubble to bubble like it's an Easter egg hunt to steal killstreaks.

At this point, it's whatever. The Heist perk probably won't be removed, so it's just part of the game now. It's not cheating, so I can't complain. Not worth getting frustrated over. Long term, I think it is bad for the server as far as attracting younger players to play on our server -- the sole purpose of my Youtube channel. Kids live for obtaining killstreaks so there are two possible outcomes: 

1. People with skill won't want to play here because it will all be for nothing.

2. Others will realize they don't need to try that hard or actually practice and get better at the game because they can just steal killstreaks. 

Again, my opinion.

I think Heist is a bad concept. I have a suggestion. In the previous mod, I understand good players had no problem getting killstreaks while lower skill players had a hard time getting any killstreaks at times. Heist now turns the table and promotes camping and less skill. My suggestion comes from Call of Duty WW2. There is a perk called Requisitions where killstreak progress is not reset upon dying, but cost more (requires more kills/score), and can only be earned once per map. So, for our server, I see a place for it. If you remove Heist and replace it with Requisitions, people are not penalized for moving and searching for the enemy only to get their killstreaks stolen, while at the same time, people who struggle to get killstreaks normally don't lose hope and just keep working toward getting the killstreaks they like. Obviously the exception would be a tactical nuke. @Sammy what do you think?

@Sammy I also think the EMP mines and the trophy system should be inventory items. Having claymores or bouncing betties on top of a mine or trophy is overpowered in my opinion and makes revenge killing very hard. A camper can hold such a tight angle sometimes that a grenade is the only way you can kill them, only to be destroyed while at the same time if you try to jump them, you die to their claymore or bouncing betty.

People used to complain about the range on my shotgun, but I sacrifice an inventory item in order to use a Grip on my shotgun to do so. So, I have a grenade, a pistol, and a shotgun.

Who really has the advantage? 

I liked Stealth in the old mod because I did not have to worry about claymores or bouncing betties which would enfuriate people who used them, but they fail to realize I die to every RC-XD, noob tube, grenade, or explosive.

Been trying out adding an anti-heist to hacker. Seems to work well. That perk might be popular since it also *should* ATM trick an enemy UAV to defrost you. Might want to try it. You do need to have the active perk on death. It wont work by changing your loadout after you spawn or when frozen.

Both the trophy and emp mine are tacticals so they can be thrown quickly instead of having to switch weapons. As I am sure many would say, those extra few seconds can make a difference. Both for deploying it and getting your primary weapon back. The number of rounds for the trophy is a server variable so if the general consensus is that 3 is too much, based on enough gameplay, it can be lowered. 3 is the default MW2019 amount but 2 is the default for the other games.

if I can find room, need to see if there is an available slot, could add something like a stealthy grenade. Silent (no beeping), does not make bouncing noises (frags), and cannot be detected by trophies. The balance is that the explosive power and range is less. For descriptive purposes, say the stealthy aspects and design do not allow for as big of an explosive charge. So in the situation described, if both a trophy and claymore are right next to each other one well placed stealthy nade could take out both. And if the enemy player is standing there... all three.

I dont have CoD WW2 so I dont have first hand knowledge of Requisition. However from what I have read its pretty controversial. It also would have to be thought of in terms of freezetag or any objective game where a team can win by killing everyone on the other team.

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

1 hour ago, RANDALL said:

I think Heist is a bad concept. I have a suggestion. In the previous mod, I understand good players had no problem getting killstreaks while lower skill players had a hard time getting any killstreaks at times. Heist now turns the table and promotes camping and less skill. My suggestion comes from Call of Duty WW2. There is a perk called Requisitions where killstreak progress is not reset upon dying, but cost more (requires more kills/score), and can only be earned once per map. So, for our server, I see a place for it. If you remove Heist and replace it with Requisitions, people are not penalized for moving and searching for the enemy only to get their killstreaks stolen, while at the same time, people who struggle to get killstreaks normally don't lose hope and just keep working toward getting the killstreaks they like. Obviously the exception would be a tactical nuke. @Sammy what do you think?

Yeah we know what you think, Might have crossed the line with a lot folks... Watch your back..

9 hours ago, Sammy said:

Both the trophy and emp mine are tacticals so they can be thrown quickly instead of having to switch weapons. As I am sure many would say, those extra few seconds can make a difference. Both for deploying it and getting your primary weapon back. The number of rounds for the trophy is a server variable so if the general consensus is that 3 is too much, based on enough gameplay, it can be lowered. 3 is the default MW2019 amount but 2 is the default for the other games.

I respectfully disagree. 

My best friend is a retired professional gamer. I sat and talked with him for four hours tonight. I explained how complicated this new mod is and long story short, he recommended not playing anymore. I have my frustrations with Server 1, the only other XI server I play on, with how it seems the W1200 shotgun has been nerfed. After watching the video I posted of the new mod, I can't say I can recommend our servers anymore. It has nothing to do with the players but the game mechanics themselves.

This might seem spontaneous, but I have been thinking about this decision much longer than my four-hour talk this evening. @Ruggerxi @ROCKAPE you can take my tags. I quit. For the people who anxiously wait to call me a hypocrite or rage quitter for whatever reason, go ahead. Your opinion will never matter to me. Last time I left the clan and rejoined, I was told it was my last chance. I understand and I accept these terms.

A few shoutouts:

@pitbullpete I will miss you. You are fun to play with and bring positive energy to a mostly toxic environment.

@THE MEEK  Your mentality as a freezetag player is the right way to play. Selfless, not selfish. Defrost first, then shoot, until overtime.

@T-Rat You are a class act and a prime example of a good admin. I always appreciated your  good sportsmanship and warmly greeting me when I join Server 1.

This month is my 10 year anniversary of playing Call of Duty 4 on PC. It's been a good ride. It's time to focus more on my health and transition mainly to a weekend warrior to play video games, if at all.

V/R,

Jonathan Randall

Edited by RANDALL

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

Poof... He gone., another one bites the dust..... I'm not sorry.. I have no feelings for this.... If your not cater to then you feel like it's not right.... It's a game at the end of the day.. Yes I'm excitable.. But I know why I play here.... Tonight was the example... I sucked. But not as bad @Primetimeand still had great night, even with @Sharpe... It's priority folks... Small minds can't hang.. Room for others... Peace out all..... 

Edited by ANGU5

Meanwhile back at the ranch....

Early demo of one of two possibilities of an anti-heist. Both centered around Hacker. One simply blocks everything as though you are a player with no streaks to take. The other is in the realm of the explosive decoy. The first option is certainly simpler. The second option is more entertaining. However it needs to be fair to allow the stealer to try and get away. Comments? Suggestions?

• Member ID:  22895
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  17205
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/14/1998

51 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Early demo of one of two possibilities of an anti-heist. Both centered around Hacker. One simply blocks everything as though you are a player with no streaks to take. The other is in the realm of the explosive decoy. The first option is certainly simpler. The second option is more entertaining. However it needs to be fair to allow the stealer to try and get away. Comments? Suggestions?

I think you already take a risk when stealing a killstreak (can't move, no gun and the guy usually starts giving intel somebody is stealing his killstreak). I've died plenty of times trying to steal somebody's killstreak. Feel like if you add another risk to Heist -getting blown up- very few people will use it. 

So i think the first option might be the better one ?

Even though it would be fun to blow up some of the biggest thieves... Maybe for the blow up version you still lose your killstreak but you get to blow up the guy stealing it? 

• Member ID:  3139
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  2052
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16789
  • Days Won:  18
  • Birthday:  04/20/1984

• Member ID:  20683
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Device:  iPhone

7 hours ago, Sammy said:

Love option #2!  Could you give the robber a fake kill streak like say a nuke, and the blow them and teammates around them up when they went to use it?  Or maybe even better a decoy care package!!??

Edited by YACCster

10 hours ago, ANGU5 said:

Small minds can't hang..

@ANGU5 is that why you make personal attacks against people like myself and @Sharpebecause you refuse to believe they are not cheating? When, in fact, we are not?

Before my Dad passed away in 2015, you attacked me on a daily basis. You'd join the server looking for a fight. GG was an admin and still played on the server at that time and I refuse to believe she was unaware of the rule against personal attacks, and I refuse to believe she did not notice your behavior at the time. This kind of indifference proves she does not deserve to be an admin. You should have been punished for that. 

If your son played this game and I attacked him the way you attack me, you'd find a way for GG or another admin to ban me. It shouldn't take my Dad passing away for you to have a change of heart to not be an asshole. 

I haven't found another role model since my Dad passed away, but you show me what not to look for. 

My "small mind" is leaving because of the game mechanics, not the people themselves.

• Member ID:  28144
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1146
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  28306
  • Days Won:  6

21 minutes ago, RANDALL said:

Before my Dad passed away in 2015, you attacked me on a daily basis. You'd join the server looking for a fight. GG was an admin and still played on the server at that time and I refuse to believe she was unaware of the rule against personal attacks, and I refuse to believe she did not notice your behavior at the time. This kind of indifference proves she does not deserve to be an admin. You should have been punished for that. 

This is a whole seperate issue that should have been brought up with head/seniour admins.

12 hours ago, RANDALL said:

This might seem spontaneous, but I have been thinking about this decision much longer than my four-hour talk this evening. @Ruggerxi @ROCKAPE you can take my tags. I quit. For the people who anxiously wait to call me a hypocrite or rage quitter for whatever reason, go ahead. Your opinion will never matter to me. Last time I left the clan and rejoined, I was told it was my last chance. I understand and I accept these terms.

Why have you quit over this? The old mods still there for you to play, and there are other games besides CoD.

44 minutes ago, ShinyAbsol said:

This is a whole seperate issue that should have been brought up with head/seniour admins.

I'll give you an example.

Rest in Peace CobraBites, a former Head Admin. I asked him to sit in spectator with me to watch an XI member. We watched as an XI member threw a smoke grenade in front of herself and proceeded to pick people off through the smoke with an M14. It is a semi-automatic rifle with high recoil, not an LMG that you can spray. She does this whenever she plays. CobraBites saw it, acknowledged it, and did nothing. I use smoke grenades to get across open spaces with my shotgun. It took this happening repeatedly for me to investigate. I was disappointed that I could not even give proof to a Head admin and nothing be done as a result.

Edited by RANDALL

• Member ID:  2162
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

@SammyI don't think Stealth is working for claymores and the defroster RC doesn't blow up if you hit it with any explosives. I tried C4 RPG and SMAW none blew it up. And you can't damage it by shooting it. Only thing you can do is disable it with EMP or EMP Mine. 

EMP Mine still keeps going off every 5 seconds if you stand near 1. EMP mine blows up if you shoot it and kills me and It's really annoying with the darn thing going off and stunning you every 5 seconds if your trying to camp that spot lol.

Edited by J3st3r

Ok I will check RC damage and claymores/stealth.

Are you camping your own emp mine? Or are you camping someone elses? If it belongs to an enemy and you choose to remain in its range it will attack you.  Like sentries or anything else. Recharge time looks to be set at 10 seconds. Unless something got overridden somewhere.

Edited by Sammy

Stealth+claymores seems to work properly. If you walk, nothing happens. If you sprint, then it goes off but at 1/2 the normal detection range. For example if you run straight over it you will go past before the trigger delay runs out and it explodes. However whether or not it kills you depends on if the direction you ran over it places you in its explosive cone.

Keep in mind that this is hardcore. So you can be at the farthest range of the claymore and it will still kill you. ?

edit: Both RC's are responding to explosive damage... as test using a claymore... but the health+damage settings might need to be adjusted.

Edited by Sammy

Ok two hot fixes. Both seem to work as expected. Both RC's more vulnerable to explosives. Also, anti-heist added to Hacker.  Used it for 8 rounds... had three RC's throughout all of them... and nobody even tried to take them. If you have it when you die, when frozen neither the thief icon nor the proximity trigger will be created. Also turned off the screen bullet  hits. There is a finite number of hud elements that can be created and it maxed out a couple times. They might have been contributing to it.

The third hotfix... well... didnt work. Bah! As President Jack said about our three branches of government, two out of three aint bad.