Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Weird Lag (Already Resolved Issue)

Sikon

• Member ID:  27340
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Achievement Points:  5463
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/11/1980
  • Device:  Windows

I've recently resolved this issue. Only posting incase it helps anyone else. 

I kept having this weird lag over the past month or two. Cod4 over all just seemed choppy. Did not seem to matter witch server it was on. Stock or Mods had no effect on over all lag that I was experiencing. Every 2 or 3 seconds the game just seemed to pause for a split second. I've attached is 2 demos of my game play. It shows a little of what is was doing. However, sometimes it would get much worse on full servers. For instance XI server, where there is a lot going on in the map when the server was full. 

That being said. I ended up thinking back to what has been installed. Cod MW 19. Thought maybe when It asked me to update my video driver, that maybe the new driver conflicted with cod4. No Roll back available.. Uninstalled the driver and restarted my pc. Seemed to run a lot better. Next day. Lag was back. Repeated the process. Lag gone... Later returned. Fu#%ing annoying at this point. 

Ended up uninstalling the driver, along with GeForce Experience. Reinstalled GeForce Experience. Let it choose the recommended Driver. 

And.. That was it. The lag is gone. Literally every aspect of my graphics is better. Down to the sharpness of the text/font. I'm not sure if there has always been an issue. The over write from the driver update when I got COD MW 19. Not quite sure. That seemed to been when it all started. But who knows. 

demo0013.dm_1 demo0014.dm_1