Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Adobe Photoshop

Angelz

• Member ID:  24295
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  17

Last friday I went to use my adobe photoshop cs3 and a pop up showed up in my program saying, "Adobe Photoshop cs3 is no longer being supported". I went to their website and found out they shut all the servers down for it.

So, sunday I decided to purchase Adobe cs6 extended 2020. I paid for it and I downloaded. Welllllllll OMG it was working ok for about 12 hours, then all hell broke loose.

So, I uninstalled it, tried to reinstall it and it really messed up. I go on their website and spoke to support. He sends me a link to download the software again. So I click download and it made so many errors I was like WTF!!!

He sent me a download for Adobe photoshop 2018??? Now I have 2 copies of it on my hard drive and they are conflicting with each other.

And it also installed Adobe creative cloud. I was livid.

I am not going to say what I said to him. Too long and not pretty.

I went to my registry and there had to have been over 10,000 folder and files in there. I was so pissed.

I typed adobe in the search on my c drive so many just so fucking many came up.

About 6 hours later I am only not near half way done deleting all the shit and I took a break.

This morning I wake up and start again. Try to delete files and get message you need administrator permission to delete this file. That started my ranting of cursing lol

I said to myself, self, calm down and think. hmmmmm

I am a great fan of open source programs to fix shit.

I found 2 registry cleaning ones. I have 3 now. Ran them one at a time. The 3rd ones actually deletes folders out of the registry.

It took 3 days but there is absolutely nothing left left on my c drive or registry that has the name name adobe attached to it.

Any Adobe products embed itself in c drive, even in the windows folders. It is everywhere.

I received an email from adobe support this morning giving me their phone number to call so they could help me fix my issues. My reply to them was, " Don't need your help, I owned your shit and it's all gone!!!".

I just ordered a physical copy of adobe cs6. They said because of the covid crap it should be here in about 3 weeks. Coming from USA to Canada.

Edited by Angelz

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1065
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8394
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74551
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Windows

Ain't computers grand... Lol

Glad you got it sorted.  Great when it works,  certainly frustrating when this stuff doesn't work.