Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COVID-19 SURVIVORS

Majbasil

• Member ID:  6247
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5422
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

Hey, just dawned on me, we have several COVID-19 survivors who are back to gaming and have been describing what it was like, wondering how many folks in this clan (or play with XIers) have died (OMG) of it and we don't know, they just don't show up to play anymore and we don't know they died.   So who has had it and survived it?  Tell your survival stories, let us know what the hell is going on?  Is it the illness from hell or was your illness easy peasy?  Or did you test positive and have no idea that you had it?    BTW, if I just drop off some day and you don't hear from my, it's probably cause some fool not wearing a mask got too close to me and gave it to me and I died, just getting that out.  If that is the case, nice knowing you, and sorry I died!   Image may contain: text

HELLSPAWN and SOCOLGUY  please see the above graph, you guys said folks that wear masks are sheep and you will never ever wear a mask.  O M G I said.    (This isn't about "rights" or "freedom", it is about life and death.  Global pandemic.  Great Depression. )  No photo description available.

• Member ID:  23520
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

Hey Basil,

When this all was initially ramping up in March I thought some caution was warranted, I think things rapidly got out of hand though when they started locking everything down.

Knowing what we know now I actually think it is criminal the lies that are being perpetuated. I don't know if you are someone that will listen to reason or not, I know there are plenty who have quintupled down at this point.

Here is data from the cdc about deaths in the US from Feb-Jun. Keep in mind there is evidence that certain places have been inflating the death numbers. 

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku/data

Under the age of 75 around 43, 000 people have died from coronavirus under the age of 75. In the same time period around 540, 000 have died from other causes. I'm not sure if there are any in this clan over the age of 75 when the risk does somewhat increase.

The cdc were estimating in May that the ifr from this is going to be around 0.26%.

As far as mask wearing, the chart you posted doesn't take into account the quality of mask the user has on, if the "healthy person" (who has little to fear) is wearing an n99 transmissibility will be much much lower.

Given everything we know, those at increased risk should take extra precautions and get themselves a high quality mask and minimize social contact if they so choose.

I recommend following https://twitter.com/EthicalSkeptic?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author for updates.

• Member ID:  87
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

you do relize this virus has a 99+% survival rate more people die from the flu around the world ! insted of corona most death here came from nursing homes because of stupid officals...i am 60 bad heart diabetic for 25+ yrs type 1 becuse of a virus ironic dont you think.i do not wear a mask  ! not dead or have the virus been check several times for it now

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

2 hours ago, Majbasil said:

or was your illness easy peasy?

The ones that are dead say YES!

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6416
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Achievement Points:  54322
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

No one ever talks about how to stay healthy and support your immune system which by the way is working around the clock against many things...A mask for some is a personal choice

• Member ID:  1850
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.75
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948

The wife and I have both been tested and both came back negative. We follow the guide lines set up by the health care and the virus is starting to go down in numbers. People have change the way they do things or you will be on lock down for a long time.

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3332
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33539
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

My Sister who is a Senior Staff Nurse in Leicester City Royal Hospital is just recovering from it. She is super fit with no underlying health Issues but it still knocked her for six for 3 weeks she suffered really bad and had to spend a week in ICU.

She knows of 2 other nurses that were not so lucky and passed away, and 3 other nurses that who she works with had it with very little symptoms.

Doctors do not know why it affects people differently some of her patients did have other issues but some did not but still ended up in ICU.

Her Advice to everyone.... what harm does it do to take precautions if wearing a mask saves just one person is it not worth it ?????????

And remember you may get it and have no symptoms but you will still pass it on. So in my opinion its selfish not to take precautions.

• Member ID:  174
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

I would like to thank everyone who is doing their part to minimize the risk during this time. Working in healthcare sucks even when the risk in my area is low, but  things can change lightning fast. I appreciate all  who are going their part.

And for those nay-sayers, go fuck yourself... see you in ER soon enough. ;) 

• Member ID:  27768
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  924
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  7653

• Member ID:  1908
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1151
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  8836
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/21/1980

I know we've said this once before, but Sadly we have a connection... Mord's mom did pass away due to Coronavirus, but that was because one of the nurses Came in that had the virus, and spread it to Mord's mom and her roommate, then ended up spreading it thru out the Nursing home which was 48 patients at that point... This is why I do stay home, and don't go anywhere.. I am really worried about the fall...It's a possiability that the girls might have to be home schooled Im not sure, One time they say the students have to wear Masks while going to school, the other moment they are saying that they might continue to do some more E learning...And I'm totally okay with that! Seriously, I would rather stay at home, and do our Social distancing here... then be in public. it's still out there, just Remember to wash your hands, and use hand sanitizers... I shop online with Amazon and Amazon Fresh that way we don't have to leave the house, except mord still has therapy every once in a while.. but right now waiting on medicaid for more sessions for his shoulder...  I Really hope none of the XI Friends n family members get it, I saw Mord's mom having a hard time breathing it was sad... Anyways have a great day and stay safe ?

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

Nobody says it's not nasty, it does kill, however we have said this all before many many times

Fact, here in UK we have one of the worst death rates in Europe, just checked and officially that figure is currently 44,000 have died at present, our population is around 69 million, do the maths yourself. In the great scheme of things a nasty virus, but not a great killer ????

We will all sit down in a few years time when it is forgotten and ask ourselves why we put millions out of work, wrecked our economies, possibly caused a depression and even worse more wars, for in our case a tiny percentage of the population ? There is currently no cure, returning to normality will mean another escalation but what choice do we have, none, unless you want to starve to death. 

Yes I might die, but I've been there before a few times now, let's live with it like they lived with it in the past, better than bombs and bullets, and believe me that is the alternative looming large now. You'll shit yourself more than coronavirus when that happens ?

• Member ID:  26443
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  460
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5923
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Achievement Points:  50670
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

I posted about this a couple few months ago.  Got sick in late February.  Really knocked me on my ass for the first 10 days.  Took about 5 - 6 weeks to get back to feeling normal.  Coughed up phlegm for the first 3 weeks.  It started out thick & dark green, like a sinus infection snot; but in my lungs... deep in both lungs.  The last week of the first 3, the phlegm became thinner & more jelly-like.  Instead of laboring to cough up the phlegm for 30 minutes in the first week-10 days, the last week was only a sporadic, brief, much easier proposition to clear my airways in the morning.  I took Promethazine, Guafenesin, & used a Proventil Albuterol inhaler to help clear-up.  I've before had a secondary respiratory infection over the years when I caught the seasonal flu.  But nothing that caused double pneumonia & settled in so deeply & for so long.  Wasn't bacterial, because I was 6 days into a 10 day course of antibiotics.  So 3 weeks of phlegm, & 3 weeks to not feel weak & back to normal.  As an aside, 95 out 100 customers ask me to hand them their order rather than set it down when I ask them which they prefer.

:hi:Seems to me, those that poo poo this with their own reasons :popo:as to why this is NOT the global pandemic from hell (like what happened in 1918), well nothing will change their opinions until/unless it happens to them or their loved ones.  For the rest of us, we are horrified and doing what we can to prevent getting it ourselves and our loved ones, our communities, our states, our countries, our world.  :sofa::sick: I think some folks who think this is blown way out of perspective, maybe they do not care that they might be the ones that this virus actually kills or ruins their lungs or whatever the long term results will be from this.  I have seen photos of lungs of otherwise healthy young 20 years olds before and after this virus, and the lungs can get trashed.  That is alarming, and I do worry about life quality later on for the survivors.  ANYHOW, lord help us all, keep wearing those damned masks, wash hands, social distance, it sucks!!! But it is our reality until an effective, safe vaccine is created for the approx 8 billion of us on earth.  https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/06/11/disturbing-photo-shows-what-coronavirus-can-do-to-your-lungs/    :doc:  NOW. Let's get back :scooter:to the shooting and mayhem in these silly maps... :2guns: 

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22

I was sick with an upper repository infection in Feb, absolutely miserable for a bit. Had a test recently and it showed no covid antibodies, so it's at least 55% not covid. Uncle and aunt had certified covid in NY, they are recovered thankfully.  Their kids had symptoms but not certified covid.  It is a real thing, be careful, don't say you had it unless you have been tested that you did. Go on and live your life, as my grandfather used to say: Thought thought he had glass ass and died standing.

• Member ID:  1908
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1151
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  8836
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/21/1980

im glad their okay Yaccster.... Anyone else that have had it and survived that's awesome!! I know Wardog had Covid and was tested positive with Covid 19 but he survived and is doing fine now... There's been alot of people in the states in over seas that has had it and survived... its just the weak like Seniors that have past away, which is sad.... I hope it goes away soon!

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, Lovyan said:

I know Wardog had Covid

Um, yeah he was missing in Africa too...

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105

7 hours ago, Majbasil said:

:hi:Seems to me, those that poo poo this with their own reasons :popo:as to why this is NOT the global pandemic from hell (like what happened in 1918), well nothing will change their opinions until/unless it happens to them or their loved ones.  For the rest of us, we are horrified and doing what we can to prevent getting it ourselves and our loved ones, our communities, our states, our countries, our world.  :sofa::sick: I think some folks who think this is blown way out of perspective, maybe they do not care that they might be the ones that this virus actually kills or ruins their lungs or whatever the long term results will be from this.  I have seen photos of lungs of otherwise healthy young 20 years olds before and after this virus, and the lungs can get trashed.  That is alarming, and I do worry about life quality later on for the survivors.  ANYHOW, lord help us all, keep wearing those damned masks, wash hands, social distance, it sucks!!! But it is our reality until an effective, safe vaccine is created for the approx 8 billion of us on earth.  https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/06/11/disturbing-photo-shows-what-coronavirus-can-do-to-your-lungs/    :doc:  NOW. Let's get back :scooter:to the shooting and mayhem in these silly maps... :2guns: 

If this is the global pandemic from hell please explain why in the middle of June the weekly death rate in the US dropped below the 5 year average

https://twitter.com/EthicalSkeptic/status/1278842675257622530/photo/1     

Young people also die from the flu, but like coronavirus it hardly ever happens. Here is the cdc link from above again

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku/data

From February to June in the age group 15-24, 142 people in the US died from coronavirus, and 51 died from the flu. Total deaths in this time period were 12, 369 for this age group.

Edited by Sharpe
spelling

• Member ID:  27768
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  924
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  7653

You sound like the perfect icu patient. Go out and party while your at it.

• Member ID:  24295
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

In my opinion this corona virus is just like every other virus that kills people every year. This virus got out of hand because people did not stay in their houses for 2 weeks. I have been in my house since March 1.  I get sick maybe once every 5 years and I do not want to catch this virus, so I am staying put for now.

Yeah lets open the work places so it can spread even more. I get the fact that people need money.

Thanks to Trudeau he gives $2000 free per month to anyone who has no work due to closures. He is also helping business owners.

Governments world wide should be doing the same but unfortunately that is not the case.

I believe the media is over playing it and they need to be shut down. Friggin idiots who believe any of them.

• Member ID:  49
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  835
  • Achievement Points:  11411
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

this says it all!

• Member ID:  24295
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

Unfortunately in the US with all the riots, protests, partying and celebrations going on by stupid people not practicing safe distance and the majority not wearing masks  or gloves I am surprised the entire nation is not effected by this virus.

Then a shit load try to come through the Canadian border to holiday. Us Canadians are like FUCK THAT you aint coming in our country to spread it. Go home and stay there!! When y'all can take it seriously and your numbers drop drastically we might allow some of you here. Trudeau has said that the US/Canadian borders could be closed for the next year.

It sucks for all the Americans who are following the rules because of the jerks that are responsible for all this mess.

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083
  • Days Won:  13

5 hours ago, Angelz said:

Unfortunately in the US with all the riots, protests, partying and celebrations going on by stupid people not practicing safe distance and the majority not wearing masks  or gloves I am surprised the entire nation is not effected by this virus.

Then a shit load try to come through the Canadian border to holiday. Us Canadians are like FUCK THAT you aint coming in our country to spread it. Go home and stay there!! When y'all can take it seriously and your numbers drop drastically we might allow some of you here. Trudeau has said that the US/Canadian borders could be closed for the next year.

It sucks for all the Americans who are following the rules because of the jerks that are responsible for all this mess.

Why on earth would anyone go to Canada to holiday !!!!   And where is that $2000 per month Canadians get coming from !!!!???  Must be all that money Canada saves by relying  on the US to protect it !!!   ?  

• Member ID:  174
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970

34 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Why on earth would anyone go to Canada to holiday !!!!   And where is that $2000 per month Canadians get coming from !!!!???  Must be all that money Canada saves by relying  on the US to protect it !!!   ?  

Oh gosh no Mike, all that money comes from all the 19.1 Trillion trade deficit you my friend have with us. Keep your SUV topped up this 4th of July weekend! Plus once the border opens, I will see streams of US plates not to far from me.

I know, its very a tough place to live but please dont hate me for it Lol ;) 

What To Do in Banff National Park | Marriott Bonvoy Traveler

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1828
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16039
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

I tested positive for Covid-19 in late March  after feeling icky and a close co-worker testing positive as well as 5 other staff at that same time. It took 12 days to get my test results back even though the POS was saying anyone who wanted a test could get one and the test was very uncomfortable which it wasn't. 6 weeks later I developed a secondary lung infection and was given 10 days of antibiotics which gave me a allergic reaction that is causing my skin to itch all over like red ants are biting me all the time. Beginning of June I was in the ER with chest pains hand very high blood pressure and since I had a Heart Attack 3 years ago they put me on Heparin overnight as well as meds to lower my BP and the following day I had another Angiogram which revealed a large blockage in the bottom of my Heart that is to dangerous to stent so more meds to insure that area of the muscle isn't damaged more. Plus the entire time since I got sick I have been suffering from fatigue everyday which leaves me beat so I work, eat, shower and sleep. I even take a nap during my lunch hour to get through the day. The Dr's I have seen have very little they can do for what I am going through and no idea when it will go away like someone in DC promised when it got hot. We stay home and when out we all wear quality masks to protect our fellow human beings. The worst part of this is the depression that has been building for the past 4 months that won't go away and the people I have had to stop communicating with because I learned they have zero empathy for others. I have no time these days for Cov-idiots, no offense to my Xtreme Idiots friends.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmo.jpg