Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Friendlyfire

• Member ID:  28491
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  20
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Question: how come you guys enabled friendly fire on server #1? The server is almost unplayable now with noobs not knowing how to use explosives or accidentally shooting you in spawn. I spent 3 out of 5 waves dead on the attacking side because I got teamkilled before I even got fully out of spawn and then i spent one more dead because of a spawn killer. At the very least can we have spawn protection for a few seconds? (might also deter spawn killing)

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14302
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996
  • Device:  Windows

Simple answer is: It is because people wanted it. Server 2 still has no FF, that is always the other option.

It's typically the same people that complain about a server they are unhappy about but yet don't want to help populate their favourite server when it is empty.

Edited by Barron3000

• Member ID:  28491
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  20

Is it a problem that I want to play on a populated server and not spend my free time that I wanted to spend playing a game instead populating a server for somebody?

I'm sorry I actually enjoy playing the game and enjoy playing on your servers enough that I'd come to your forums to express my feelings about them only to receive a snarky reply from the administrator. Thanks for nothing.

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14302
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

7 minutes ago, sneakysneaky ninja said:

Is it a problem that I want to play on a populated server and not spend my free time that I wanted to spend playing a game instead populating a server for somebody?

I'm sorry I actually enjoy playing the game and enjoy playing on your servers enough that I'd come to your forums to express my feelings about them only to receive a snarky reply from the administrator. Thanks for nothing.

Sorry it did come across quite arrogant just looking back.

Insurgency is dying as it is, I can understand your frustrations in regards to populated servers as there is not half as many as there was over a year ago.

Me personally did not want FF on server 1 but a good majority did, so we went ahead with it. The 2 servers were both populated last night like so you had either option of FF server or FF off on server 2.

• Member ID:  27916
  • Group:  ++ Insurgency Admin
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  389
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  2486

Hey Sneaky welcome to the Insurgency club. I have been playing for a while and have recently noticed a change the server profiles. The FF server seems to get populated faster than the non FF server since it was introduced recently. I have had some of the regular players asking to populate the non FF server while playing the FF server because they are used to the non FF server.

However lately I noticed that there seems to be less requests to do that and the FF server gets populated faster at certain times. In addition we seem to have newer players coming to the FF server and they may take some time to get used to the FF aspect. I'm not sure what the Admins can do to offer Spawn protection, if they can that would be great but if not then perhaps we can educate the TKer's  or at least manage them. (Admins in game can help)

Keep on playing on the XI servers and you will see that they are well managed by good people like Barron3000. 

Hope to see you in game.